• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub footage looks stunning

shadow101

Banned
I think realistically this game will not be 60 fps.

They may smooth out the frame rate and add AA.

I hope the AA is good, I am waiting for this game.....

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Weird to me that a game that is surely the next big potential purchase for PS4 owners is giving me no reason to care about it.

That's not a slight against the game or Evolution, the marketing/PR/whatever is simply not giving me anything. At all. I'm looking as well!

If they're not even trying to grab my attention I really have no idea what their strategy is for a broader audience. Surely this can't be a Spring release.

Guymelef

Little bump, new image from Facebook page.
1519499_561881547229543_840481166_o.jpg

Gold_Loot

If I were to guess, I'm thinking that's the new paint/skin we were suposed to get this week. May as well use it for something I guess =(

leadbelly

Banned
Little bump, new image from Facebook page.

A screenshot...I suppose it's the thought that counts...

And why do companies feel the need to avoid mentioning the 'Happy Holidays' they are really talking about is Christmas? You don't go to India and go, "My god! this Hindu festival is so offensive!". That would be mental. :p

ItIsOkBro

And why do companies feel the need to avoid mentioning the 'Happy Holidays' they are really talking about is Christmas? You don't go to India and go, "My god! this Hindu festival is so offensive!". That would be mental. :p

The happy holidays they're referring to (ie gift giving) isn't Christmas.

leadbelly

Banned
The happy holidays they're referring to (ie gift giving) isn't Christmas.

Gift giving?

That doesn't really make any sense though. The gift giving is a custom/tradition done at Christmas. It is connected to Christmas. :s

No one is offended by Christmas really. Muslims aren't really because Jesus is in the Koran, and other religions aren't that dogmatic enough to be offended. Makes no sense really.

Even if you're Christian, you're still celebrating multiple holidays: 12 Days of Christmas + New Years. (Edit: As a child, I also received small gifts on St. Nicholas Day.) And I don't think they implied the use of the term "Merry Christmas!" is offensive in anyway.

Why does their use of a more encompassing term concern you?

I don't think it's the guys at Evolution that are having a problem. ;P

leadbelly

Banned
Even if you're Christian, you're still celebrating multiple holidays: 12 Days of Christmas + New Years. And I don't think they implied the use of the term "Merry Christmas!" is offensive in anyway.

Why does their use of a more encompassing term concern you?

I don't think it's the guys at Evolution that are having a problem. ;P

Lets not make the thread about this, but it is a politically correct term. It is used simply to be more embracing of other cultures. I just don't think anyone really cares that much.

Anyway... move on.

ItIsOkBro

Gift giving?

That doesn't really make any sense though. The gift giving is a custom/tradition done at Christmas. It is connected to Christmas. :s

No one is offended by Christmas really. Muslims aren't really because Jesus is in the Koran, and other religions aren't that dogmatic enough to be offended. Makes no sense really.

...w/e I'm not going there.

NeoROCK

Sony, you promised us DriveClub for free on PS+ at Launch.

Now I can understand a small delay. But how long are you going to wait to at least tell us a release date?

Cubed

Now I can understand a small delay. But how long are you going to wait to at least tell us a release date?

Seriously, it's getting a bit tedious. Like many, I was bummed by the delay but whatever, stuff happens. Polish the game, add some features, it takes time. However, what I don't like is being strung along. You say "Early 2014," yet come the end of 2013, 6 weeks after the game should have been out, there isn't even a hint of a release date. Another issue: if this game is now over 2 months beyond when it should have originally went gold and there's still no release date, then this sucker was NEVER going to be ready by launch. The delay should have been clear to announce in the Summer, not a mere month before the original release date.

Of course, I'm only this annoyed because the game looks amazing and it's been my most wanted PS4 game since the reveal. I'm done being a baby... for now.

I know what you're feeling, man. When will this horrible war on Christmas end?! =(

Wouldn't it be a nice surprise if, due to the length of the delay, Sony gives us the FULL game for free through PS+. Right now we're getting a smaller version of the full retail version. I'm not complaining, since I bet the PS+ version of DriveClub will probably be more featured and have more cars included than some other full-priced racing games (not a shot at Forza).

The thing I'm looking forward to the most is... The official wheel. Details man, I need them. It's not looking like logitech anything is gonna be updated for PS4 so I need to hold off on buying anything before I know more.

slapnuts

I really am hyped for this baby. I hope it turns into a new franchise that will consume me like Project Gothem did on Xbox 360. I hope DriveClub makes jaws drop with sexy visuals but at the same time provide a great gameplay experience with many tracks and cars.

Hopefully this game delivers on the visuals though because Need For Speed did not quite do it for me on next gen/pc like i was hoping it would. I played Forza to death on X1 over at my neighbors over the past few weeks and that game is more of a cross-gen game in terms of visuals. So from what I have seen in the few clips we have gotten of DriveClub the last few months, I have high hopes that this game will at least deliver true next gen visuals for a racer. Even so...visuals is definitely VERY important to me (I Graphics Whore) but obviously if the gameplay is not right, weight/handling of cars is not right and a decent track list is not right...visuals mean nothing.

NeoROCK

Seriously, it's getting a bit tedious. Like many, I was bummed by the delay but whatever, stuff happens. Polish the game, add some features, it takes time. However, what I don't like is being strung along. You say "Early 2014," yet come the end of 2013, 6 weeks after the game should have been out, there isn't even a hint of a release date. Another issue: if this game is now over 2 months beyond when it should have originally went gold and there's still no release date, then this sucker was NEVER going to be ready by launch. The delay should have been clear to announce in the Summer, not a mere month before the original release date.

Of course, I'm only this annoyed because the game looks amazing and it's been my most wanted PS4 game since the reveal. I'm done being a baby... for now.

I don't think they necessarily do that stuff on purpose. I think yosp is just a busy person and tends to forget about this stuff sometimes.

Gift giving?

Trust me, some people are. I do find it stupid too, but some are just offended by it.

Fredrik

Trust me, some people are. I do find it stupid too, but some are just offended by it.
I know a guy that really hate Christmas, the food, the music, the decorations, everything Christmas stands for, everything. It's not that it crashes with his religion either, at all. In fact, he's atheist, so much that he once said that if there was a way for him to get rid of religion alltogether he would do it without hesitation even if that would put him in prison. :/ I don't know what's his problem really, it's something that we just don't talk about.

Fredrik

I honestly think they might try to optimize it up to 60fps and that's why it's delayed. I don't get what they're doing otherwise. It looks finished if 30fps is their goal.

Gift giving?

Haven't been around the heavy metal crowd have you?

Gift giving?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia

On topic: I really wish we'd get some new footage but really, when I think about it, I just want Evolution to spend as much time as they need getting the game right.

It hurts, but it's better than getting a rushed game.

QaaQer

I know a guy that really hate Christmas, the food, the music, the decorations, everything Christmas stands for, everything. It's not that it crashes with his religion either, at all. In fact, he's atheist, so much that he once said that if there was a way for him to get rid of religion alltogether he would do it without hesitation even if that would put him in prison. :/ I don't know what's his problem really, it's something that we just don't talk about.

I fucking hate driving and/or shopping this time of year. If I had to do either of those things for my job, I'd probably despise Christmas as well.

Top Bottom