• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dunkirk trailer

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I really can't tell what does movie is trying to do because it seems so much more ethereal to me than I was expecting based on the trailers. That's not a good or bad thing, it's just an observation.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yo, that last shot of the ship filling with water from left to right was crazy good.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Whew that music.... whew.

Tom Hardy reminded me of John Belushi in 1941 for some reason, lol.
Movie looks good but I don't know, I'm just not that interested in seeing Nolan tackle WW2.

This movie looks great, but I don't think launching it in July as a summer blockbuster is a good spot for it to open in America. It looks like a prestige Fall film. The budget looks massive too, so I'm curious how the American market responds to it.

Loxley

Man these trailers are just doing nothing for me at all, I can't quite pin down why. It just seems...dull? I don't know :/ Then again it's impossible to judge Nolan's films from the trailers so I'm still very interested in seeing it.

Lakitu

st5fu
Looks alright.. not much more I can say. I'm a big Nolan fan but most of the media I've seen of this hasn't hyped me up at all.

This looks pretty damn good.

Honestly, there were more than a few shots in this that reminded me of the last half of Titanic.

Except with, you know... WWII dogfighting happening at the same time.

I'm real curious if this isn't the wartime drama punctuated with bits of startling action, but is in fact a straight up fucking action movie.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Much, much better than that first teaser

Looks pretty good. I'd be lying if I said that I haven't been a bit disappointed by the trailers though. I haven't seen anything that suggests it will have the emotional resonance of the great WWII films like Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, Band of Brothers, Das Boot, etc..

That didn't really captivate me. Everything looks so clean and neat. Nobody is asking for Hacksaw Ridge type of violence, but this seems awfully sanitized.

dmshaposv

Beautiful shots and cinematography.

I'm not feeling the actual content though. And the music is too inception inspired.

After Interstellar's amazing OST I was hoping zimmer would do something brand spanking new rather than go back to tik-toks and horns.

whoot0u99.png

Fucking Hans Zimmer

-griffy-

Banned
This looks pretty damn good.

Honestly, there were more than a few shots in this that reminded me of the last half of Titanic.

Except with, you know... WWII dogfighting happening at the same time.

I'm real curious if this isn't the wartime drama punctuated with bits of startling action, but is in fact a straight up fucking action movie.

The IMAX footage I saw would suggest it's a straight up action thriller. You know how the third acts in The Dark Knight and Inception and The Dark Knight Rises are just crazy intense rising action after rising action after rising action, building to this super intense crescendo? Seems like that's what this entire movie is.

Looks pretty good. I'd be lying if I said that I haven't been a bit disappointed by the trailers though. I haven't seen anything that suggests it will have the emotional resonance of the great WWII films like Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, Band of Brothers, Das Boot, etc..
It's not going to be anything like those films. The way Nolan has talked about the film leads me to believe it's going to two hours of non-stop suspenseful action. Sort of like Fury Road. He has said this isn't a war film. It's a survival film.

Beardz

Is there something "supernatural" about this movie? I feel like they're are hiding something from the trailers.

The IMAX footage I saw would suggest it's a straight up action thriller. You know how the third acts in The Dark Knight and Inception and The Dark Knight Rises are just crazy intense rising action after rising action after rising action, building to this super intense crescendo? Seems like that's what this entire movie is.

It's not going to be anything like those films. The way Nolan has talked about the film leads me to believe it's going to two hours of non-stop suspenseful action. Sort of like Fury Road. He has said this isn't a war film. It's a survival film.

Well goddamn

This is a considerably better and more effective trailer than the first. The cinematography, in particular, is stunning. The decision to incorporate a majority of the prologue into the trailer in both pacing and content was an excellent one, since the prologue strongly suggests that Dunkirk could very well be Nolan's most sharply crafted film in some time. Zimmer has been at his most inspired and creative when collaborating with Nolan recently and, judging by this trailer, it seems likely that his work here will surprise and impress once again.

Top Bottom