• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM scores and Rumors.

kIdMuScLe

isn't Red Steel 2 rumor news old hat already? i knew i read something last year about Ubi changing developers because it was crap.

Jcgamer60

Segata Sanshiro said:
SEGA is like the Monkey's Paw my friend.

You wish to have your old dead dog back and you get a zombie dog with rotting innards.

Well, at least Sega can't screw up the Nights remake, right? :(

kIdMuScLe said:
isn't Red Steel 2 rumor news old hat already? i knew i read something last year about Ubi changing developers because it was crap.

That was a rumor from Surfer Girl, yeah.

Jcgamer60 said:
Well, at least Sega can't screw up the Nights remake, right? :(

B000GQ1G2E.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38698181_.jpg

Jirotrom said:
stop pretending like you understand Sega
If the poor sales of one revival prevented SEGA from trying others, about 75% of their output post DC would not exist. I really doubt NiGHTS' bomb is going to stop them from doing a Burning Rangers revival assuming they were planning on doing one.

kIdMuScLe said:

The stuff I posted at the top aren't rumors. The rumors are all in the rumor section.

Jirotrom

Segata Sanshiro said:
If the poor sales of one revival prevented SEGA from trying others, about 75% of their output post DC would not exist. I really doubt NiGHTS' bomb is going to stop them from doing a Burning Rangers revival assuming they were planning on doing one.
i was just joking Segata... you took the bait!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
"Miyamoto shot down a Retro developed Twisted Metal clone because it had guns on cars"

This sucks for Retro.

Jcgamer60

If Skies of Arcadia 2 is annouced it will most likely be outsourced won't it? I haven't heard squat from overworks/wowworks since the merger.

NPC

SuperSonic1305 said:
Nanostray 2 - 6.5, 6, 5

The Good: Looks good, few gimmicks
The Bad: Ridiculous continue system
For the love of Gunstar, how did they fuck this one up, it looked so good.

Jcgamer60 said:
If Skies of Arcadia 2 is annouced it will most likely be outsourced won't it? I haven't heard squat from overworks/wowworks since the merger.
A lot of the key players are still with SEGA, but they've been banished to garbage projects. It's hard to say if we'll see SoA again. If you'd asked me a year and a half ago about NiGHTS, I'd have said "never" on that one, too.

yoopoo

Banned
godhandiscen said:
"Miyamoto shot down a Retro developed Twisted Metal clone because it had guns on cars"

This sucks for Retro.
Didn't that happen before the GameCube was released? There was an intermive posted with Retro here a few months back that had the cancellation story.

Jcgamer60

Segata Sanshiro said:
A lot of the key players are still with SEGA, but they've been banished to garbage projects. It's hard to say if we'll see SoA again. If you'd asked me a year and a half ago about NiGHTS, I'd have said "never" on that one, too.

Yeah, I surprised to find out Rieko Kodama is working on games like "Mind Quiz" now. I'm just basing that SOA sequel on the EGM rumors.

WinFonda

"Unannounced Microsoft first party sequel in the works for Microsoft's next console"

PDZ2 on Xbox 720 in Fall 2010. You heard it here first.

Dali

kIdMuScLe said:

Surfer girl said something about it a few months ago. The COD5 news is old too.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Did simcity societies do that bad that we are now getting a "real" simcity game in 2009?

And i totally believe the MS rumor.

This thread is an absolute abortion. Where's the Alan Wake, Killzone 2 and Fable 2 information. Why are we debating about some stupid rumours. Give us the info OP.

FF_VIII

Banned
mysticstylez said:
But when you have MTV and EA who are arguably the biggest milking whores in their respective industries, Harmonix won't have much say.

Wait, it wasn't milking it holding back songs and putting them up as DLC on the day of release?

GenericPseudonym said:
This thread is an absolute abortion. Where's the Alan Wake, Killzone 2 and Fable 2 information. Why are we debating about some stupid rumours. Give us the info OP.

For the last damn time THERE IS NO NEW INFO ON ANY OF THOSE GAMES.

Teknoman

yoopoo said:
Didn't that happen before the GameCube was released? There was an intermive posted with Retro here a few months back that had the cancellation story.

Well why would they do so anyway? Because Retro is so closely tied with Nintendo? I mean it's not like Nintendo systems are strangers to violence...or even vehicular violence for that matter (Cel Damage).

jaundicejuice said:
Fuck. Yes. Persona 3 Fes coming to NA and a new SMT might finally be getting announced.

Dunno about buying P3 again just for some extra persona and stuff with Aegis. But new SMT on PS3 = instapurchase for me...especially since you never can seem to wait and buy the games.

GenericPseudonym said:
So why was it advertised?

Maybe you miss the little disclaimer that they have in the back of every issue...

(All planned editorial content is subject to change.)

Look at the bottom portion of the image of Link in the Next Issue section in issue 224.

Mau ®

4 Guitar Hero sequels out in 2008 (Guitar Hero 4, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, and 2 others)

WOW. Square would be proud.

Microsoft canceled an XBLA release of Goldeneye 007 at the last minute

WTF is wrong with you MS! This would get me on Live!

Persona 3: FES coming stateside, Next SMT title on PS3

Does it mean next MAJOR SMT? If so... PS3 get NOW

Sin City game released in 2009

I always thought Sin City would lend itself quite well to a free-roaming game. However, I dunno who is the publisher as well as the developer. I think it depends largely on that.

FF_VIII said:
Wait, it wasn't milking it holding back songs and putting them up as DLC on the day of release?

No I was referring to someone saying that Activision is killing GH with milking the franchise, and I said what is going to stop EA/MTV from milking out Rockband, cause Harmonix won't have much say in it.

Great issue. Looks like they were a little late and hesitant on the Animal Crossing rumour.

I'm sure this has been discussed at length: Miyamoto shot down a Retro developed Twisted Metal clone because it had guns on cars

Why did they buy an American studio if they're not going to let them make games for a typical American audience?

gimz

idont understand, Nintendo annouced MKwii release date for Japan, US and Europe in the Q1 2008, and still they haven't even talk much about it yet

when are they gonna annouced more news on it? or they dont even bother doing it so they can focus on pushing wiifit

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Teknoman said:
Well why would they do so anyway? Because Retro is so closely tied with Nintendo? I mean it's not like Nintendo systems are strangers to violence...or even vehicular violence for that matter (Cel Damage).

I don't have the quote ready, but it wasn't about violence. It's because Miyamoto thought it was stupid. Basically, "why the hell are there guns on these cars, shouldn't you be ramming into each other if you're trying to attack with cars?" The notion of guns on cars was ludicrous to him.

Good thing you can't shoot anything in Mario Kart!

Hehe, Red Steel 2 not going well and switching houses, but the 08 release is still likely!

You know Ubi will push it out the door next holiday season no matter what state it's in...this is Ubi we're talking here. Quality is secondary.

gimz said:
idont understand, Nintendo annouced MKwii release date for Japan, US and Europe in the Q1 2008, and still they haven't even talk much about it yet

when are they gonna annouced more news on it? or they dont even bother doing it so they can focus on pushing wiifit

Because it's going to slip into the early summer almost guaranteed. Wii Fit hasn't even hit the U.S. yet and Wiis are still out of stock everywhere AFAIK. What's the point of releasing another killer app?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
twisted metal clone? he did them a favor. twisted metal is an awful series that was produced, as far as i recall, because of the difficulty and limited success of fps on consoles at the time. that would be so far below retro's talents.

Atilac

KevinCow said:
What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a remote chance that the mysterious Microsoft sequel is not Halo 4.
How many 1st party developers does MS have left? Bungie doesn't qualify anymore. I bet its a Killer Instinct game.

Himuro said:
Next gen SMT on ps3? Hmmm.

The great thing about SMT is that the artstyle is so perfect that just something like SMT3 in HD with a super clean image would look fantastic. They don't need to go crazy with shaders or polygons or lighting.

Core407

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:

Didn't Overworks made the original and didn't they end up merging with Smilebit to form SmileWorks or something? Or was it Amusement Vision that went with SmileBit? So confusing. Either way, bring on a sequel. I have more faith in Sega doing an RPG right than any other genre.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lol at the SSBB info..nothing new

I hope to god GoW2 explains itself better than the first game...I hate games that feign at story but skirt around it as means to an end.

Top Bottom