• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EU PSN Sale

Taker34

Banned
Is the Splinter Cell HD collection a good version of the games or am I better getting the games on another platform?

I played through SC1, tried a bit of Pandora and a bit of SC:CS. I thought it's worth the money because it's your only chance to play those games at full hd incl. widescreen. The framerate is sometimes not so great, it's still playable and what you'd expect from a dirty PC-> PS3 port. People say the Xbox 1 (not One but 1. You know.. the first of them, not Xbox One... the original console... before 360) is the definitive version but I think the HD collection is perfectly fine (after the patches).

meppi

Download it anyway. You really don't need to buy that stuff.

I'll try it, but I certainly won't support any of those micro transactions.

tempted by this
Toukiden: The Age of Demons now €19.99
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers

I'd say go for it. It's a great game at a great price.
Although Amazon has it for 16.50£ right now if you prefer physical.

Same goes for the Atelier games. Bought them at full price without any regret, so these prices are great.
Persona 4 should be a no-brainer as well for JRPG fans.

RulkezX

Haha! Even with a sale the PS4 games are still more expensive than retail.

Wtf are they doing with digital on consoles, is not like the publishers don't know how to do it right, they manage fine on PC.

OT, will Ys:MoC ever get a sale :(

redcrayon

Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
Was €39.99/AU$54.95/£34.99, now €14.99/AU$22.95/£11.99

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
Was €39.99/AU$59.95/£32.99, now €19.99/AU$29.95/£15.99

Atelier Rorona Plus with 3 DLCs
Was €39.99/AU$54.95/£34.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£14.99

I'm interested in trying one of these, I like JRPGs but have never tried the series.

Is one a better place to start than the other?

And what's up with Rorona Plus with the DLC being cheaper than Rorona Plus on it's own?

Cheers Vitagaf.

ramyeon

I'm interested in trying one of these, I like JRPGs but have never tried the series.

Is one a better place to start than the other?

And what's up with Rorona Plus with the DLC being cheaper than Rorona Plus on it's own?

Cheers Vitagaf.
Rorona is technically the start of the series but it was also the last of the 3 to get remade into "Plus" so it has added story content that ties into Totori and Meruru and system wise it is probably better than Totori, so you may want to start with Totori first... Is what I gather from what I've read.

They've discounted the game+DLC and not just the game by itself, that's all.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I find the lack of Infamous: Second Son discount or price drop to be quite disturbing. I've managed to pass up the game for this long so it feels like I just have to wait it out at this point.

(Or any other Sony-game for that matter.)

tolkir

Three weeks ago

ONE PIECE : Pirate Warriors
Was £19.99/€24.99/AU$29.95, now £5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45
10% extra PS Plus discount

Today

One Piece: Pirate Warriors – Grand Line Edition
Was €34.99/AU$44.95/£24.99, now €9.99/AU$12.95/£7.99

Well played Tecmo-Koei, well played.

Dragon

Banned
It's not Sony's fault. Publishers are here to blame by putting those ridiculous prices. Sony are quite good with their 1st party game pricing.

Yeah they took the chance when Infamous' new standalone game came out to continue to charge 59.99 for the base game on US PSN!

Seriously, they don't do a good job on their own catalog either.

blazeuk

If they're going to keep up this ridiculous pricing on PS4 games they may as well just not even bother. When the games are cheaper full price at retail compared to a "sale" price on the PS Store there's something seriously wrong. The fact they're still cheaper buying from the US at full price also makes it absolutely pointless too.

redcrayon

Rorona is technically the start of the series but it was also the last of the 3 to get remade into "Plus" so it has added story content that ties into Totori and Meruru and system wise it is probably better than Totori, so you may want to start with Totori first... Is what I gather from what I've read.

They've discounted the game+DLC and not just the game by itself, that's all.
Ah, ok, thanks for that, much appreciated!

Mendrox

Tempted to get Demon Gaze. Have any gaffers played it and can tell me if it's any good?

Very good dungeon crawler which starts a little bit slow but after 2-3 hours you should be in the game. Story is fine, music is godly, gameplay is okay if you like dungeon crawlers. I loved the game (finished at 45hours)

ksdixon

WOW not a single game I want. I feel like there's something wrong with me because that's a big list of what's on sale.

Polk

Meh. I mean sure that's lot of games.But those are the same games as always with the same discounts as always.

I've given up trying to buy on PSN, try as I might I cannot get it to accept either my debit or credit card details, bank says its fine, Sony say its the banks fault add infinitum...

I've given up, they obviously don't want my money, its been finding its way into valves pockets instead.

Very good dungeon crawler which starts a little bit slow but after 2-3 hours you should be in the game. Story is fine, music is godly, gameplay is okay if you like dungeon crawlers. I loved the game (finished at 45hours)

Sounds good to me. I've only become interested in dungeon crawlers fairly recently. For this price I think I'll bite. Thanks

sub_o

Seems like it's time to get Demon's Gaze.

Demon_Gaze_04.jpg

Rolf NB

Are these supposed to be up right now? I really can't tell from the PS3 storefront anymore. THEY COMPLETELY REMOVED THE MENU LINK TO SALES.

Did I already ask the EU PSN team to stop regressing the PS3 storefront?

Rolf NB

Tempted to get Demon Gaze. Have any gaffers played it and can tell me if it's any good?
It's kinda good. I gobbled it up mostly because there's nothing else like it on the system, though it's a good ways away from perfect in several obvious ways. Still recommended of course.

It's similar to Etrian Odyssey, but more story / story event heavy, and there's this demon mechanic of course. You can basically
a)equip demons to provide passive benefits (slots are limited)
b)summon one demon at a time as an in-battle sidekick under certain constraints (think stamina)

Equipment drops are driven by a summoning circle mechanic. Regular monsters never drop equipment. They drop "vouchers" that you can "swap" for drops of equip from a predetermined type, though the exact item and its quality are still randomized. You do this at summoning circles which are a limited quantity per stage. If you want to do a lot of this, this mechanic forces you to return home regularly.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Rorona Plus is now 50% off? It's not even two months old, and it includes the early purchase DLC that earlier got delisted. I'm glad that more people may give it a chance but I'm a little bummed.

I don't think I'll buy anything this time, but I recommend Persona 4 and the Ateliers. EDF2025 is a little tempting though.

Bittercup

Great sale with a nice section of Vita games.

Not sure about Toukiden and Deception though. Both are a bit higher than I would prefer.
Can anyone say something about those games? Worth it for the price?

DeaviL

Banned
I'm buying:
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- Toukiden: The Age of Demons
- Deception IV: Blood Ties
- Persona 4 Golden

Sweet jesus, i need a new (far too expensive) memory card.

Anything else people can recommend (Vita)?
Is DOA5+ still worth buying with ultimate existing?

Top Bottom