• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EU PSN Sale

MotoGP 14
Was €69.99

Watch_Dogs
Was €69.99

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
Was €69.99
What? Are these Canadian euros?
And €50 is not a sales price. It's what a game naturally drops down to a month after release. What is happening? I don't like this.

Scrollhjul

Neo Member
It's a little disappointing that the EDF 2025 Missions Season Pass isn't on sale, since it's still cheaper at the regular price than buying all the mission packs at the discounted prices.

Rolf NB

Oh look, they added the "Sales and offers" link at the very to level of the PS3 store front again!
Now just get the "Hot sales" section non-empty, and I will forgive you your earlier shortcomings.

Wouldn't mind grabbing one of the Atelier games at those prices, but god knows which one to pick. Totori is cheapest but I found it kinda dull on the PS3, Rorona Plus is newest so maybe the most refined but then I heard Meruru was the best of the Arland trilogy so I dunno.

Fdkn

Got Demon Gaze and Rorona Plus, will get the other two Atelier in a few days and I'm thinking about getting Sigma+2 ...

And fall is coming, my wallet cries

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't mind grabbing one of the Atelier games at those prices, but god knows which one to pick. Totori is cheapest but I found it kinda dull on the PS3, Rorona Plus is newest so maybe the most refined but then I heard Meruru was the best of the Arland trilogy so I dunno.
Rorona (Plus) is the first game chronologically, and it's also the most refined and streamlined out of the three. Going from Rorona to Torori may be a little rough, but they're both good games.
I really recommend playing Rorona before Totori though, you will get to know the characters from the beginning, and some other stuff referenced in the later games. Haven't played Meruru yet.

So what's the difference between the two versions of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?
It seems one has all the character DLC and one doesn't, yet they're the same price?

Duster

I'm going to go against the grain and recommend not buying P4G.

Or at least don't unless you have a massive memory card with plenty of spare space, I bought it in the last sale and wish I'd paid a bit more an gone physical like I first planned, it's a massive file size and you won't ever want to clear it out of your metaphorical fridge to make room for metaphorical boxed lunches. Much better to have it on a cart that can live permanently in your Vita.

Footos22

How's MGS HD Collection on the Vita, worth it or should I get the PS3 version?

Yeah get it, The ps3 version is obviously superior. But if your going for trophies at all on mgs2. its better to play in short bursts on the vita.

Having to get everyones dog tag on every difficulty sucks the enjoyment out of it.

Glass Rebel

How's MGS HD Collection on the Vita, worth it or should I get the PS3 version?

It's better than expected but of course some controls are mapped to the touch-screen because of the lacking buttons. The PS3 version is better however in every single regard aside from portability.

RalchAC

I'm buying:
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- Toukiden: The Age of Demons
- Deception IV: Blood Ties
- Persona 4 Golden

Sweet jesus, i need a new (far too expensive) memory card.

Anything else people can recommend (Vita)?
Is DOA5+ still worth buying with ultimate existing?

I like you.

I think people complained because online population wasn't all that great. Maybe somebody with the game could enlighten you more than me.

It's good but mainly 30 FPS.

60 fps indoor and 30 fps outside, right?

DieH@rd

Banned
PS4

Watch_Dogs
Was €69.99/AU$99.95/£59.99, now €49.99/AU$75.95/£39.99
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
Was €69.99/AU$92.95/£53.99, now €49.99/AU$75.95/£39.99
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers

EU pricing. Right there. Still blows my mind.

ibyPDrf0Y0ZQ9T.gif

Finally good price on Atelier games for Vita - I've got Totori.

Also something interesting using Vita store some games had full price on the store front but when i entered them and returned price got updated to sales price.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Hmm, I might get Touch my Katamari for the Vita, but there wasn't that much of interest other than that this month.

I was a bit disappointed when I saw that they discounted EDF2025 individual mission packs, but not the bundle/season pass. Would have bought it otherwise (will buy it anyway further along, but this would have sealed the deal).

mcz117chief

Is EDF 2025 playable on the PS3 ? I heard it lags like crazy and that the Xbox version is far superior. I would really like to buy it but I would like some clarification first.

Sword Familiar

Is EDF 2025 playable on the PS3 ? I heard it lags like crazy and that the Xbox version is far superior. I would really like to buy it but I would like some clarification first.

The framerate drops aren't so bad. I played local split-screen co-op with a friend, and we enjoyed it thoroughly. The only thing I was sad about was the lack of online split-screen co-op, which the 360 has, apparently. I've also heard the load times are better on the 360. If you have access to both systems the 360 version is probably the best one, but the PS3 version is definitely more than playable.

Mephala

I'm thinking I'll grab:
  • Atelier
    Haven't played this series. Hoping for a light hearted fun jRPG.
  • Toukiden
    Enjoyed the Demo and love MH games. The art style is nice and though the combat doesn't feel as solid as MH for me it isn't bad. Spears are also my favourite weapon and they are pretty decent in this game.
  • P4G

By the way. How do I add things to my wishlist? Can't seem to find it.

mcz117chief

The framerate drops aren't so bad. I played local split-screen co-op with a friend, and we enjoyed it thoroughly. The only thing I was sad about was the lack of online split-screen co-op, which the 360 has, apparently. I've also heard the load times are better on the 360. If you have access to both systems the 360 version is probably the best one, but the PS3 version is definitely more than playable.

All right, thanks. For comparison, I have played a lot of 2017 and I really didn't mind the frame drops, are the ones in 2025 worse ?

Mephala

What?
VV4fKLj.png

Why is this rated R? Is this a horrible mistake or am I totally off base with my assumption of this being a fairly mild JRPG?

I'm good with violence, I don't mind some fan service but sexual violence doesn't sound very nice. Enlighten me GAF, what is this?

Zhao_Yun

What?
VV4fKLj.png

Why is this rated R? Is this a horrible mistake or am I totally off base with my assumption of this being a fairly mild JRPG?

I'm good with violence, I don't mind some fan service but sexual violence doesn't sound very nice. Enlighten me GAF, what is this?

I haven't played the Atelier games yet but Atelier Totori Plus got an R18 rating in Australia as well and nobody knows why. I think it inclued a swimsuit contest but that's really tame in comparison to some other fanservice-heavy games from Japan.
Just for comparison, Rorona Plus was rated USK 6 here in Germany, PEGI 12 in UK and ESRB Teen in the US.

What?
VV4fKLj.png

I believe Atelier Totori was rated R18+ because of an implied lesbian groping scene (which is a mere sentence or two of text, you don't see anything). Atelier Rorona has probably suffered the same fate.

There's nothing to worry about with this franchise, the local classification board is just really, really weird about it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How's New Little King’s Story ?

And is SF x TK even playable on the Vita?

Mephala

I haven't played the Atelier games yet but Atelier Totori Plus got an R18 rating in Australia as well and nobody knows why. I think it inclued a swimsuit contest but that's really tame in comparison to some other fanservice-heavy games from Japan.
Just for comparison, Rorona Plus was rated USK 6 here in Germany, PEGI 12 in UK and ESRB Teen in the US.

I'm in Australia. In hind sight I should have just figured it was the classification board being stupid, but I just found it odd and figured I'd ask anyway.

I believe Atelier Totori was rated R18+ because of an implied lesbian groping scene (which is a mere sentence or two of text, you don't see anything). Atelier Rorona has probably suffered the same fate.

There's nothing to worry about with this franchise, the local classification board is just really, really weird about it.

"Implied lesbian groping scene" into "Strong Sexual Violence"? Lol. SMH.

Sword Familiar

All right, thanks. For comparison, I have played a lot of 2017 and I really didn't mind the frame drops, are the ones in 2025 worse ?

Of what I've played of 2017, I'd say 2025 performs similarly. A few drops here and there are to be expected with the EDF series, but it's never game breaking imo.

Expect some drops on the later stages and when all hell breaks loose.

RalchAC

Correct though this applies primarily to MGS2 I believe.

Yes, I think so.

I'm thinking I'll grab:
  • Atelier
    Haven't played this series. Hoping for a light hearted fun jRPG.
  • Toukiden
    Enjoyed the Demo and love MH games. The art style is nice and though the combat doesn't feel as solid as MH for me it isn't bad. Spears are also my favourite weapon and they are pretty decent in this game.
  • P4G

By the way. How do I add things to my wishlist? Can't seem to find it.

Both Persona and Toukiden are great games. I've played the later for around 70 hours and I still have some content left. It's not a perfect game and if you are used to Monster Hunter there is much less content (is the first game, after all), but I really like it.

Finally good price on Atelier games for Vita - I've got Totori.

Also something interesting using Vita store some games had full price on the store front but when i entered them and returned price got updated to sales price.

I'm probably getting Totori too. 13.50 looks like a nice price for a DD only game, and since those games rarely drop in price I can't say no :p

Ambitious

A coworker keeps telling me to play Persona 4 all the time, so I'm thinking about buying it now. However, I haven't played any of the Persona/SMT games. Actually, I don't know much about the series at all, except that it's some kind of mix between highscool interactions and demon fighting.

Is there an overarching plot or at least recurring characters, or is it fine to play P4G without any prior knowledge?

A coworker keeps telling me to play Persona 4 all the time, so I'm thinking about buying it now. However, I haven't played any of the Persona/SMT games. Actually, I don't know much about the series at all, except that it's some kind of mix between highscool interactions and demon fighting.

Is there an overarching plot or at least recurring characters, or is it fine to play P4G without any prior knowledge?
You can jump right in.

There are common elements in the SMT and Persona series but these are like recurring monsters and spells in FF for example. It's not because FFVIII has a Bahamut summon that you would need to play it before IX.

Persona 4 does take place in the world of 3 and you'll get minor appearances by 3 characters but they're just a bonus, they won't hamper your appreciation of the game or its plot.

WITHE1982

I 'd urge everyone to get this:

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition
Was €19.99/AU$29.95/£15.99, now €6.99/AU$10.45/£5.79

If you've not played it before you really are missing out on one of the most underrated games of the last gen. It really is a fantastic game with absolutely amazing graphics and just incredible voice acting. In fact buy it twice.

Sword Familiar

Both Persona and Toukiden are great games. I've played the later for around 70 hours and I still have some content left. It's not a perfect game and if you are used to Monster Hunter there is much less content (is the first game, after all), but I really like it.

Yeah, I can agree with this. I feel like Toukiden is a "Monster Hunter light" in many ways. It doesn't have as many monsters and the monsters that are there aren't quite as smart as they are in the MH series, but it's still a pretty good game.

RalchAC

Yeah, I can agree with this. I feel like Toukiden is a "Monster Hunter light" in many ways. It doesn't have as many monsters and the monsters that are there aren't quite as smart as they are in the MH series, but it's still a pretty good game.

Yeah, the game has potential and it's fun on its own. They could have a really nice franchise in their hands if they keep doing things right and all that.

The story, while being rather simple, was nice and I liked most of the characters. It got the job done.

Top Bottom