• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXIII + vs XIII HQ scans (56k beware)

antiloop

tnw said:
I'll admit that the developers are quite skilled, but it just bothers me how Japanese all the people look. This girl, everything about her, is so japanese. bleah.

She looks human. I have seen Swedish girls that look like that.

BTW SE are masters of the universe confirmed!

Thread needs more Lightning love.

Dante

SolidSnakex said:
When is E3 this year? Last year Square held their party in May so i'd imagine that unless E3 is before that party this year then the new trailers of these 2 games will debut at their own show.

E3 2008 Set for July 15-17 at Los Angeles Convention Center ...

Seems later then the Sq event.

Ploid 3.0

It's rare for summons to be in cg in past ff's right? I have a feeling at least most of the summons are real time. Look at FFX summons look sick on that. Can't wait to find out how the game look and plays though (if these aren't real). Happy me.

KTallguy

Banned
Page 4:

Caption with Lightning in the Picture:

The Cocoon, floating in the sky. And it's opposite, Pulse, over which a primordial forest spreads, inhabited by Dinosaur like creatures.

The shut away world of peace, and the shut away world of wilderness.

The story of FFXIII revolves around two worlds, one called “Cocoon”, the other “Pulse”. There are still many mysteries, but we have gathered that the main character Lightning’s origin is related to these worlds. Besides the game’s setting, we can also make public two new “key words”: “Farsi”, the one who has surpassed human knowledge, and the one chosen by Farsi, “Lucy”. These words will both make an appearance in the game’s mythology.

Red Headed Pigtail Girl Caption:

A young girl stands on Pulse. Although a menacing place, there are those who live here. Those exiled from Cocoon may be able to safely start a new life here, on Pulse.

jiggle

Ploid 3.0 said:
It's rare for summons to be in cg in past ff's right? I have a feeling at least most of the summons are real time. Look at FFX summons look sick on that. Can't wait to find out how the game look and plays though (if these aren't real). Happy me.

They used FMV for summons during CS in FF9. And these certainly don't look real time at all

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Defuser said:
Anyway,don't you guys feel XIII and VsXIII is a spiritual successor of FFVIII?The settings and design(lolz).

FFvXIII yes ( FFXIII is more like XII and X ) they even use the same modren-but futuristic Dark settings and the kinda real clothes .

i am hyped way more for FFvXIII than XIII , its funy that spinoff is more interesting than the main title.

Totobeni said:
i am hyped way more for FFvXIII than XIII , its funy that spinoff is more interesting than the main title.

Well XIII is still FF, it has to follow a certain formula just by design. With Versus they're allowing Nomura to pretty much do anything he wants. So it makes that that people would be more interested in the game that's going to be do a lot of different things.

KTallguy

Banned
Part of Page 5

The Man Lightning must save summons Shiva.

In this title, Shiva appears as two sisters. What’s more, they can combine into one body, transforming into a motorcycle. The blond, strapping man who summons Shiva gets on the bike and speeds away. As he roars down the ice road generated by Shiva, he turns towards the “Soldiers of the Holy Order” and fires off a volley of bullets.

Smaller Caption: “The Bike’s Power”

The exhaust emitting from the bike is actually special energy affected by the Crystal. The vehicles of the “Soldiers of the Holy Order” use the same energy.

Strapping Guy Caption

The blond man who challenges the “Soldiers of the Holy Order”. For some reason, Lightning is a bit shocked, but not too impressed. Do these two know eachother?

And I have to go to bed... too tired :p

See you all tomorrow :)

antiloop

SolidSnakex said:
34eb3me.jpg

So, who said this girl looks like Lightning before?

Or maybe she is Cloud in disguise? Bring on the comparisons.

If you want to look stupid

Snah

Banned
KTallguy said:
Part of Page 5

In this title, Shiva appears as two sisters. What’s more, they can combine into one body, transforming into a motorcycle. The blond, strapping man who summons Shiva gets on the bike and speeds away. As he roars down the ice road generated by Shiva, he turns towards the “Soldiers of the Holy Order” and fires off a volley of bullets.

The exhaust emitting from the bike is actually special energy affected by the Crystal. The vehicles of the “Soldiers of the Holy Order” use the same energy.

Strapping Guy Caption

The blond man who challenges the “Soldiers of the Holy Order”. For some reason, Lightning is a bit shocked, but not too impressed. Do these two know eachother?

It's crazy shit like this that is the reason I love Final Fantasy.

Kinan

KTallguy said:
Part of Page 5

Strapping Guy Caption

Thanks a lot ! Really appreciated.

Awntawn

Backstory and specifics aside, apparently Rushi is the codeword for summoner, so apparently Nomchan is a summoner in this game ;o

does that mean she's horny? 3;

Also, apparently so is Mr. 33cm? So the mag speculates as he came in riding Shiva 3;

KTallguy said:
In this title, Shiva appears as two sisters. What’s more, they can combine into one body, transforming into a motorcycle. The blond, strapping man who summons Shiva gets on the bike and speeds away.

can't believe the first thought I have when I read that is I can't wait for a doujin with threesome between shiva sister and the blonde man. I hope I'm not the only one.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
antiloop said:
So, who said this girl looks like Lightning before?

Or maybe she is Cloud in disguise? Bring on the comparisons.

If you want to look stupid

well , no she is nothing like Lightning or Cloud

but she is Leah Dizon twin sister

http://inventorspot.com/files/images/jvc_leah_03.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8282/leahdizonlingerie0jb2.jpg

still sexy as hell tho

also credit for Nomura all new characters seems so fresh and and the famels characters look so badass ( the skirt-boobs girl and Lightning ) ...

2008 Nomura Reborn

Awntawn

jiggle said:
All of Nomuras characters are androgynous and look exactly the same regardless of gender.

Cloud looks exactly like Gackt

Nomchan looks exactly like Leah Dizon

Cloud looks exactly like Nomchan

Gackt looks exactly like... Leah Dizon?

Somewhere along those lines, something isn't quite right ;o

jiggle

crisis core spoiler pic :O

Awntawn said:
All of Nomuras characters are androgynous and look exactly the same regardless of gender.

The whole comparison thing was just stupid. These characters are not meant to be completely realistic. Without any special facial features or face shape, of course they'll start to look similar.

Defuser

Awntawn said:

Nomura having affair with Leah Dizon after she cheated on Hayashi & Itagaki.

Prince8

Banned
Jesus we had the whole Lightning vs Cloud comparison a week or so ago as well. So who gives a fuck if they look a like. You know, it may be hard for many of you to comprehend, but even in modern day society, men with female characteristics are found to be really attractive by women. Get over it already, Jesus Christ

Defuser

Prince8 said:
Jesus we had the whole Lightning vs Cloud comparison a week or so ago as well. So who gives a fuck if they look a like. You know, it may be hard for many of you to comprehend, but even in modern day society, men with female characteristics are found to be really attractive by women. Get over it already, Jesus Christ
Why can't people assume Cloud's twin sister? That way they won't feel insecure.

tnw said:
I'll admit that the developers are quite skilled, but it just bothers me how Japanese all the people look. This girl, everything about her, is so japanese. bleah.
What? Japanese looking people in a game developed by Japanese people with a primarily Japanese audience in mind? Shocking.

Okay, so, first off, I'll touch on some new plot elements from FFXIII. There aren't many, really. Coccoon was created by an entity known as "Farushi", which is said to exceed the intellect of men, and it has appointed humans to defend Coccoon from the 'infection' of Pulse, known as "Rushi". Mr. 33cm and Pigtails are both Rushi, and are able to call summoned creatures using discs, and creatures are said to exist "digitally", whatever that means (technology of the Crystal, no doubt). So, you can assume that the two will probably start out as enemies before eventually joining Lightning as party members. I'm not really sure what they're getting at with Rushi and Farushi, you're guess is as good as mine.

Anyway, what I'm more interested in, Versus:

Guns are forbidden in the world of Versus (the guy with the shotgun is said to be a fugitive of some sort).

The location featuring the new female character is inspired by Tokyo's Shinjuku district, with the twin skyscrapers undoubtedly being based on the famed Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. The other location is based on the Plaza San Marco of Venice, Italy.

There's further confirmation that the game will have a world map, and it'll probably be to a more realistic scale, sorta like FFVIII's.

The guys in the business suits having the meeting in the cathedral-like building are presumably in charge of the kingdom, and I believe were described in the trailer as the "organization which will lead the world to ruin", or something like that. They, along with the rest of the royal family, are supposed to be more like a crime family, and the story itself will have some emphasis on mob drama.

It's implied that the mafioso in the pinstripe suit is probably related to the hero. I'm betting there will probably have some dispute over the throne, if it's as Shakespearean as we're being lead to believe.

Anyway, there's not really much new information, unfortunately. Just generalizations made about the screenshots; the girl looks unhappy when she faces off with the hero, the guy in the white robe appears to be the antagonist, yadda yadda.

That said, they're basically saying that 2008 will be the year when they start to release information, and they plan on having a demo for FFXIII out some time this year.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Prince8 said:

i agree , at least these VS comparison should go by gender , so it should be Lightning vs Vaan.
i vote for Vaan , she is hotter than Lightning :lol

jiggle

WtW Suzaku said:
There's further confirmation that the game will have a world map, and it'll probably be to a more realistic scale, sorta like FFVIII's.

How surreal is it gonna be to fly around a realistic globe but on an airship @.@

Yoboman

WtW Suzaku said:
What? Japanese looking people in a game developed by Japanese people with a primarily Japanese audience in mind? Shocking.

Okay, so, first off, I'll touch on some new plot elements from FFXIII. There aren't many, really. Coccoon was created by an entity known as "Farushi", which is said to exceed the intellect of men, and it has appointed humans to defend Coccoon from the 'infection' of Pulse, known as "Rushi". Mr. 33cm and Pigtails are both Rushi, and are able to call summoned creatures using discs, and creatures are said to exist "digitally", whatever that means (technology of the Crystal, no doubt). So, you can assume that the two will probably start out as enemies before eventually joining Lightning as party members. I'm not really sure what they're getting at with Rushi and Farushi, you're guess is as good as mine.

Guns are forbidden in the world of Versus (the guy with the shotgun is said to be a fugitive of some sort).

The location featuring the new female character is inspired by Tokyo's Shinjuku district, with the twin skyscrapers undoubtedly being based on the famed Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. The other location is based on the Plaza San Marco of Venice, Italy.

The guys in the business suits having the meeting in the cathedral-like building are presumably in charge of the kingdom, and I believe were described in the trailer as the "organization which will lead the world to ruin", or something like that. They, along with the rest of the royal family, are supposed to be more like a crime family, and the story itself will have some emphasis on mob drama.

It's implied that the mafioso in the pinstripe suit is probably related to the hero. I'm betting there will probably have some dispute over the throne, if it's as Shakespearean as we're being lead to believe.

Anyway, there's not really much new information, unfortunately. Just generalizations made about the screenshots; the girl looks unhappy when she faces off with the hero, the guy in the white robe appears to be the antagonist, yadda yadda.

That said, they're basically saying that 2008 will be the year when they start to release information, and they plan on having a demo for FFXIII out some time this year.
God Versus sounds kick-ass. This game could totally blow FFXIII away

WtW Suzaku said:

So he looks cocky and he's a fugitive. Again he should be the main character. :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
WtW Suzaku said:

that versus XIII The trailer claims "a fantasy based in reality" right

if they are using some japanese story then the guns = Swords ( or the samurai 1868- ) , that organization = Yakuza , and in first trailer the army try to killed Sasuke ( and tonz of his groupe=samurai ) that kinda close to what Emperor Meiji did to Samurais .

Defuser said:
We already have Dante.

Dante is cocky in an incredibly cheesy type of way. Which is fine because that's the style of game DMC is. I'd like a main character in a RPG that's just really arrogant. Of course he probably wouldn't be likable to a lot of people but oh well.

jett

D-Member
Nice CG is nice. FFXII had relatively small amount of CG...I wonder what's going on with these games.

Prince8

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Dante is cocky in an incredibly cheesy type of way. Which is fine because that's the style of game DMC is. I'd like a main character in a RPG that's just really arrogant. Of course he probably wouldn't be likable to a lot of people but oh well.
I would love him, way too many caring game characters out there. We need more self-absorbed arrogant hero's (and I don't mean Duke Nukem style or other big muscle guys)

Top Bottom