• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Final Fantasy 4 DS Famitsu scans [Aug 22]

neo2046

wow!! :D

108696210720070822201122.jpg

The rebirth of this game in this way is awe inspiring for someone who played it so long ago...damn, I'm getting old. I wish I hadn't purchased FFIV advance though.

Yoboman

I hate the chibi characters, TOTALLY doesn't fit with the theme of the game and if they do it with the innevitable FFVI remake I'll have to cut some throats

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Come on SE, give me something special for having FFIVA inserted into the DS when I play this.

PolyGone

Banned
I love it

I was pretty much done with FF4 forever; I've finished the SNES version at least 5 times. I thought, screw it, I don't need the GBA rerelease, I'm done.

But this is just too good to pass up

Yoboman said:
I hate the chibi characters, TOTALLY doesn't fit with the theme of the game and if they do it with the innevitable FFVI remake I'll have to cut some throats

did you play the original? how about FF9?

KevinRo

Yoboman said:

atleast the summons look awesome :(

Zilch

Banned
Yoboman said:

They're more detailed/less chibi than FFVII. I like the look, myself.

Day 1 purchase.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I'm playing through FF III again right now and man it's just good ol' fun. Everyone's orphans, everthing is unoriginal but it's still one of the most engaging things I've played in a while.

I want this game really bad.

I'm going to have it.

Yoboman

Zilch said:
They're more detailed/less chibi than FFVII. I like the look, myself.

Day 1 purchase.
Yeah but FFVII was limited by it's time. Realistically proportioned characters could work. Or at least not the Animu faces :(

I'll still buy it though, I'm a sucker

JayDubya

Banned
Wow, even the prologue screen (the castle and the two moons) looks fucking awesome.

*happily hums to self: Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-NUHH-nuh, duh-nuh-nuhnuh-nuh-nuh-nuhhh-nuh.*

wow, how much more could they get out of the Matrix engine?

...and does this mean there could hypothetically be an even more awesome FFVI made like this?

sphinx

the piano man
I really don't like how this turned out.

I bought FF4 for GBA not longer than a year ago, only to learn there is a fully upgraded and definitive version of the game in the works on a next-gen handheld.

I really feel cheated.

I mean, it's only been a year and a half between the US release of FF4A and the announcement that a remake is in the works.

shame on you, SE.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
sphinx said:

I bought FF4 for GBA not longer than a year ago, only to learn there is a fully upgraded and definitive version of the game in the works on a next-gen handheld.

I really feel cheated.

I mean, it's only been a year and a half between the US release of FF4A and the announcement that a remake is in the works.

shame on you, SE.
In other words, you're buying the DS version at day 1, lol

sphinx said:

I really feel cheated.

shame on you, SE.

Dont feel bad, it will be another year before we see this.

Yoboman said:
Yeah but FFVII was limited by it's time.
Bullhockey. They used more detailed realistically proportioned characters in the more taxing battle, but couldn't get it done while having characters walk around a still image? Totally seemed like a choice to me.

Not that it's a choice I liked; I prefer a more consistent look, whether SD or not.

sphinx

the piano man
Vic said:
In other words, you're buying the DS version at day 1, lol

I am not buying shit. I wasn´t that impressed with the FF4 GBA port.

fortunately, I refrained from buying 5 and 6 for GBA. I'll get those if they are remade for DS.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Quite the leap from FFIII DS, S-E is really a master at pushing the system to unforseen graphical splendor. Love the art of Cecil and Kain on the airship in the third scan. Automap is IMO a bit pointless because the dungeons in FF4 weren't really that complicated (exception being the Lunar Subterrain), but whatever, it's better than the blank screen in FFIII DS.

This was always a day 1 purchase for me, FFIV is one of the best games ever made.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
sphinx said:
I am not buying shit. I wasn´t that impressed with the FF4 GBA port.

fortunately, I refrained from buying 5 and 6 for GBA. I'll get those if they are remade for DS.
You've finished the FFIV port? Personally, I've never played the game. Good for me since they're going to add more content in the DS remake!

d+pad

Anyone know who the red character is in the lower-right screen on the 4th scan? I can't remember a character in FFIV who looks like that...

Dascu

SomeDude said:
I hope they skip V and make VI next,
No.

I want my 3D FFV. And I want it on the DS so I can raise my job levels while I'm taking a dump.

FFVI can be remade on a console for all I care, as long as they're using Amano's designs on *everything*. (yes, even the toilet cell Kefka's in)

SomeDude

Banned
Well atleast if FFVI is made for DS this dev team will become more competent with each passing game. I figure FFVII will probably be made for Nintendos next handheld or the PSP.

I'd love a V remake. V is like, you know, a GOOD version of III. Did the jobs better, did the story better, did the battles better, etc.

V <3

Top Bottom