• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay Screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
A single screen-shot shouldn't make me as excited as this, especially considering how far the game is from release.

And yet, here we are...

Yup I am still hype but by time they say something along the lines of "We have the opening bomb run mission complete and now we start on the rest" my hype will be at IDGAF anymore levels.

Timurse

Banned
Clearly they hid all those Transform, 2x-Cut, Morph, Summon and other stuff under Materia menu option. I remember the original game, by the end your battle menus consisted of A LOT menu options.

Show me something new outside of Midgar please.

Many people say that probably the first episode will be about getting out of Midgar and gathering in Calm. Junon, Gold Saucer, etc is gonna be in the second episode leaving all the meteor stuff to the third episode.

C48clINVYAEZDT8.jpg:large

right side menu
Yessss! Looking good

Show me something new outside of Midgar please.
How can they if they haven't gotten that far?

We already know we won't see this game until probably another year and that's the first part.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
A single screen-shot shouldn't make me as excited as this, especially considering how far the game is from release.

And yet, here we are...

Yeah, no joke, I would like to analyze both pictures for hours. I remember the gameplay trailer, I spent three whole days looking at the video frame by frame, analyzing each and every frame. It was ridiculous.

JayBabay

I can't believe the difference in emotion I got from the first screenshot vs. the second, I see the first boss and it's instant warmth in my body.

Famassu

If you can show a screenshot why not just show gameplay?
Maybe it still lacks the optimization that would make it more presentable to the public without 20 concern troll threads on NeoGAF about how shit the game is going to be because a build possibly 12+ months from release does not have perfect performance.

Shredderi

Who honestly expected ATB?

Converserly, who expected a fucking cover system? Damn that does not fill me with confidence. Just make it an rpg combat game without extra "cool" fuckery like a cover system. Don't try to over cinematize it with cover mechanics or stealth sections. Please no. Nooooooo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Excellent decision regarding friendly fire. Should've even have been a thing in FFXV (and still can't believe you need a specific accessory equipped in order for magic to not have friendly fire).
Converserly, who expected a fucking cover system? Damn that does not fill me with confidence. Just make it an rpg combat game without extra "cool" fuckery like a cover system. Don't try to over cinematize it with cover mechanics or stealth sections. Please no. Nooooooo.
Come on broseph, just because they've implemented some sort of cover system doesn't mean it'll be a big part of the gameplay. Health regeneration and perhaps added in a few stealth sections; see Shinra HQ.

Asd202

Maybe it still lacks the optimization that would make it more presentable to the public without 20 concern troll threads on NeoGAF about how shit the game is going to be because a build possibly 12+ months from release does not have perfect performance.

I love how you always come back to defend SE practises and always come out wrong.

Yoshichan

Didn't the PSX trailer show us using Barret in combat?
We saw him charging up Big Shot. That's unfortunately not enough "proof" (might be just a cinematic angle each time you limit break).

GrayDock

This will be the game which I'll have to take a vacation for.

The same happened with the FFVII launch, so a tradition must be upheld :)

I will never get Square

Square: NOMURA SPREAD YOURSELF 20 DIFFERENT WAYS AND NEVER GET ANYTHING DONE

Nomura: Im going to post a video so people can see what were doing.

Square: No get back to work.

Famassu

The game has enemies who shoot you with guns & shit. To be able to take cover is just good game design.

Shredderi

Come on broseph, just because they've implemented some sort of cover system doesn't mean it'll be a big part of the gameplay. Health regeneration and perhaps added in a few stealth sections; see Shinra HQ.

My mind goes to places when I see something like this though. I keep having worst case scenario flashes in my head lol.

The game has enemies who shoot you with guns & shit. To be able to take cover is just good game design.

In a shooter game yes, but I just can't agree with you in a game like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom