• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Patch Up (v1.12), Adds Free Off-Road Driving

Jubern

Trying it right now. I had absolutely no hopes and the damn thing looks stupid but IT'S SO FUN AND USEFUL.

Didn't expect this tbh.

Koozek

Don't fret. We'll get to play this game sometime. This team will eventually decide to stop milking FFXV by adding fishing and noodle costumes and off-road monster crushing and start tackling that FFVII Remake we've heard so much about. We just have to be patient.
FFXV's team (BD2) doesn't have anything to do with FFVIIR at all. They're working on a new IP alongside these FFXV updates/DLC. FFVIIR is being worked on by BD1 (the FFXIII team).

Why can't people on an enthusiast gaming forum understand sarcasm?
Okay, you got me, but it's honestly not easy to detect it in FFXV threads especially, lol. Actually just recently there have been a lot of serious posts not knowing that SE has several independent teams working on several mainline FFs simultaneously.

for better or worse, S-E is treating FF XV like games as service, they have updates planned for years. if you're waiting for the "complete" version, I think you'd be waiting for a pretty long time. as in years, as opposed to months. pretty sure after the season pass dlc is finished, they're already thinking about the next season pass dlc. isn't there already a poll about which story dlc you want next?

hank_tree

for better or worse, S-E is treating FF XV like games as service, they have updates planned for years. if you're waiting for the "complete" version, I think you'd be waiting for a pretty long time. as in years, as opposed to months. pretty sure after the season pass dlc is finished, they're already thinking about the next season pass dlc. isn't there already a poll about which story dlc you want next?

I'd be very surprised if they support it much past 2017. I can't see how that would make sense financially.

When was this coming to PC....?

when it's complete along the same time as the PS5 remaster version is released. :p

I'd be very surprised if they support it much past 2017. I can't see how that would make sense financially.

isn't the final season pass dlc will be multiplayer. I imagine they can a lot more content for multiplayer. new dungeon, new bosses, micro transaction etc.

Man, people are still waiting to play this? Outside of the DLC and maybe something from the survey, I don't think the game is going to change that much.

I put 100hrs into the game in its current state and enjoyed every minute of it.

The only thing that can really change the game for me is if they reworked the story and made the 2nd continent fully playable and that's never happening.

FinalAres

Why can't people on an enthusiast gaming forum understand sarcasm?
Being sarcy is not the same as being sarcastic. If you're being sarcastic that would mean that you're actually glad at the content FFXV is receiving and were making fun of the people saying it's affecting FF7s remake. If that is what you were doing, fair enough. But I don't think you were.

c0de

So after the update (thanks PSN for being slow today) I can drive off-road and even kill enemies with my car? That sounds too awesome to be true.

BasilZero

I finished the main story and will be engaging in the post-game content and stuff.

Would this in any affect the Regalia F?

Are the two forms interchangeable on the go or do I have to talk to a npc to change between them.

Havent tried out the game in weeks but to those that got the new update, how's the driving, is it robotic like before? lol

Koozek

It's cool that they keep adding stuffs and supporting the game
But nothing that they add was a game changer. So the comments of "the game was incomplete" that we always have when someone talk about FF XV are just dumb
Yeah. There really hasn't been any substantial change yet, not even any significant QoL improvements, and this off-road driving might be the first bigger change and even that is rather half-baked because it's limited to a specific car type and the default car's Manual Mode is still garbage.

The main story still has the same fundamental issues as at launch so these "lol, months later it's slowly becoming complete" comments make no sense yet. Who knows if they'll add new story cutscenes to the main game itself outside of the DLC which don't feel organically incorporated into the main game.

Feels like whenever i replay the game again it will be like 10 times better lol.
There hasn't been anything yet since release that would make the game substantially better if you played it now compared to last year and they haven't added actually substantial story content outside of a new short extra section for Chapter 13 where you control another party member and get to see a few seconds of new cutscenes for the villains. Maybe in a few months though after all DLC is out. We'll see.

I finished the main story and will be engaging in the post-game content and stuff.

Would this in any affect the Regalia F?

Are the two forms interchangeable on the go or do I have to talk to a npc to change between them.

Havent tried out the game in weeks but to those that got the new update, how's the driving, is it robotic like before? lol
You have to switch between them.

The default car's Manual Mode is still garbage. The new off-road car model seems to be fun. Haven't tried it out yet. Will do later today.

Don't fret. We'll get to play this game sometime. This team will eventually decide to stop milking FFXV by adding fishing and noodle costumes and off-road monster crushing and start tackling that FFVII Remake we've heard so much about. We just have to be patient.

So it's milking when they deliver additional content on top of what they said they would when i bought my season pass for free...

Famassu

They'll add the multiplayer in late 2017/early 2018 and I'd imagine they can milk FFXV a bit more by releasing a few meaty DLCs for that.

Koozek

Being sarcy is not the same as being sarcastic. If you're being sarcastic that would mean that you're actually glad at the content FFXV is receiving and were making fun of the people saying it's affecting FF7s remake. If that is what you were doing, fair enough. But I don't think you were.
Yeah, reading it again, if that was supposed to be sarcasm it didn't make sense at all, lol. Where they criticizing FFXV, ignorant posters who don't understand how SE's internal structure works, both at the same time, or were they actually just serious with both points and don't know how sarcasm works? :D

Arkeband

Banned
Yeah, reading it again, if that was supposed to be sarcasm it didn't make sense at all, lol. Where they criticizing FFXV, ignorant posters who don't understand how SE's internal structure works, both at the same time, or were they actually just serious with both points and don't know how sarcasm works? :D

Weren't we discussing before how the different Business Divisions have helped with other games when needed? The employees aren't chained to their desks until death, they're still assets Square Enix can use for any project if necessary.

Koozek

Wow.

It's like they're slowly transforming it into a fun game.
Can we drive around off-road in the normal regalia too? Or is it still limited to the main roads?
Manual driving with the default car is still the same trash, though. Many people who don't follow the game's update news will probably miss that there's another car model for off-road driving and keep having a bad impression of the car driving in the game.

Koozek

Weren't we discussing before how the different Business Divisions have helped with other games when needed? The employees aren't chained to their desks until death, they're still assets Square Enix can use for any project if necessary.
Yes, and in fact 30% of BD2's staff already has been taken off FFXV for other SE divisions after its release, but FFXV was always supposed to have at least a year of support for the Season Pass content, updates, the VR projects etc. and another part of BD2 is working on their new IP too. What are you expecting BD2 to do, pull off everyone and throw them on FFVIIR? BD1 has a lot of people too and they currently also are and will be hiring more for FFVIIR.

mrk8885

Banned
I enjoyed FFXV a lot and even earned the platinum.

But man the storytelling was such a mess. And that's a real shame because I actually think the story they're TRYING to tell is super interesting. Could have been an all time classic. Yet they told it so poorly, with abrupt changes that perhaps were supposed to be "twists" that really just came off as confusing "wait, huh?" moments.

Obviously can't get into it without spoilers at this point. I'm just so disappointed that despite the long development they STILL seem to have rushed it to release. Many parts were way too choppy without adequate exposition and it really hurt the game.

As it stands, I still enjoyed it. But what a missed opportunity for an all time classic.

FinalAres

I dont think we know for sure, but it seems each BD is an independent entity, developing their own games, but that there is SOME fluidity, so staff can be pulled on to other projects.

30% of BD2 are working on FF7 remake, and the rest are supporting FFXV or working on the next project, which may be a new IP or may be XVI.

That seems fine to me.

J4g3r

The Regalia vs A Catoblepas

D0TyeY7.gif

I just had to try climbing up the arches with the new Regalia when I saw the Sunhi gif. Took a while, but I did it :D It's a fun feature and will definitely make the inevitable replay of the game even more fun. Love it! It's easy to get stuck to some rocks, but since you can jump with the car, it's just as easy to get out.

Haunted

Great way to implement that - but it should've been there from the start.

Good for those who have still yet to play the game, but not enough incentive for me to get back into it.

Koozek

I enjoyed FFXV a lot and even earned the platinum.

But man the storytelling was such a mess. And that's a real shame because I actually think the story they're TRYING to tell is super interesting. Could have been an all time classic. Yet they told it so poorly, with abrupt changes that perhaps were supposed to be "twists" that really just came off as confusing "wait, huh?" moments.

Obviously can't get into it without spoilers at this point. I'm just so disappointed that despite the long development they STILL seem to have rushed it to release. Many parts were way too choppy without adequate exposition and it really hurt the game.

As it stands, I still enjoyed it. But what a missed opportunity for an all time classic.
Yeah, this is the common sentiment among most. Enjoyable, but still a lot of wasted potential unfortunately. It's a shame they were held back by the whole Versus baggage and the false expectations of people actually believing it was in development for 10 years straight when in fact it was around 3 years of development only, which is really not much for an AAA game like this nowadays. A year more in development might've helped a lot to flesh out the narrative, but who knows, maybe it would've had the same issues even if it came out a year later too because it's more of a fundamental issue with the team's directing style. Anyway, it's a wonder it even turned out decent with its troubled history at all. But they have to take a really good, long look at what went wrong with FFXV and learn for their next projects.

Honestly, I would've actually liked to see what they could do with a smaller-scaled direct sequel made in 2 years like FFXIII-2/LR, where they could fundamentally improve on the combat and maybe do actual good encounter design (the direct FF sequels imo had the best battle-systems in the series, see FFX-2 and LR), and focus on fixing the biggest complaints, like the lacking narrative and world-building, and the bad quest design.

When can you get the off road regalia?
At any point if you talk with Cidney at Hammerhead.

Cikay

Is it possible to drive this new Regalia when Iris is in the party ? This could be fun doing those silly jumps with her on board.

Ricker

My update says 16 GB and I played the Gladio DC and all...oh well,in rest mode overnight then...cant wait to play Prompto and mess around with the car afterwards.

Huh. I wasn't expecting much considering how badly implemented the Type F was but that looks pretty cool.

I'm kinda glad I decided against trading my copy in. Might have to try this over the weekend after I finally beat Persona 5.

Top Bottom