• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game to be added to EA Access Vault. More info at E3

They give you games that aren't generating much money in their catalog basically monetizing products that otherwise don't generate retail revenue anymore right? Maybe you don't need gold but as so many people like to say who has an Xbox without gold right? I'm just saying I think PS plus has a better model and the discounts throughout the year alone are worth more to me than Live or EA access. Sadly my son didn't agree and since it was his allowance he wanted EA access so yeah I've argued it with a few people and it's my opinion that EA cares little for their customers through my experiences with them and I'm not alone in that opinion so I'd rather have ONE sub that suits my needs and tastes as well as my budget and though I have both systems I feel like PS+ was and still is the better value between Live/Access/PS+.

Keep moving those goal posts mate.

BTW i think if that titanfall thing ISNT real - then it will be a pretty big game for them to announce it at E3.

This service is amazing. Im paying $2.50 a month and ive got loads of games out of it. Worth it just for the Fifa stuff alone

InkUBus

Banned
Keep your subscription on top of your subscription I'll pass. And I'm happy Sony told EA to get fucked honestly if anything yall should probably thank Sony for keeping EA honest. By not being on both eco systems EA has no choice but to over deliver on value to keep the fish they have hooked not only to keep you guys paying for games that don't generate income for them anymore but to make it look enticing to Sony all the while. EA is gonna EA though and eventually the other shoe's gonna drop there's always a catch with EA.

Oh so I guess you are against the idea of Netflix then, too. Since you are paying 8 dollars a month on top of your Internet payment.

I don't have ea access but damn if you can't see the value from a mile away you have a stronger stench of fanboy than my brother in law

Copen

Banned
not sure where you're getting the info that the games in the vault don't generate much money...Fifa is still in the top 10 charts in the UK and NPD... more than 8 months after release

Fifa is an outlier of games on access. The whole concept of access is to generate money on old games is it not? And like I said earlier I doubt the quality of games would be what it is if EA wasn't still trying to win Sony over. EA is as anti consumer as it gets I'm not saying it doesn't benefit you if it works for you great I and others disagree. It encourages other companies to follow suit and I for one don't want subscription based services all over the place because I guarantee you it won't be long after they start locking things we care about behind the sub model like pre order bonuses or betas no thanks.

Copen

Banned
Oh so I guess you are against the idea of Netflix then, too. Since you are paying 8 dollars a month on top of your Internet payment.

I don't have ea access but damn if you can't see the value from a mile away you have a stronger stench of fanboy than my brother in law

So you'd accuse everyone and anyone who disagrees that EA access isn't a value as a "fanboy"? Those are pretty strong assumptions I'd rethink that stance if I were you.

mike4001_

Dragon Age would be a great addition amidst all the sports titles I will never play. Only subbed recently and having BF4 and PvZ on tap is nice but they need to up the variation a bit more.

They will ... EA is just a bit behind on their Next Gen Games.

Star Wars Battlefront, Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect 4 will bring diversity to EA Access :)

Lkr

Fifa is an outlier of games on access. The whole concept of access is to generate money on old games is it not? And like I said earlier I doubt the quality of games would be what it is if EA wasn't still trying to win Sony over. EA is as anti consumer as it gets I'm not saying it doesn't benefit you if it works for you great I and others disagree. It encourages other companies to follow suit and I for one don't want subscription based services all over the place because I guarantee you it won't be long after they start locking things we care about behind the sub model like pre order bonuses or betas no thanks.

is madden also an outlier then? that does pretty well sales wise.
EA Access has more than paid for itself at only $30 imo. EA provides value all the time fwiw. You can bitch about Origin's existence in general for example and just having to put up with it, but they still run good sales and give out free games, and this is for a free service

Outrageous value for money. Which is so ironic.

I would play Peggle 2 if that was free, but it's really not worth that much.

I haven't even installed the free Plant vs Zombie game.

I don't understand people who play old sports games. Do they also watch last year's games?

Alienous

Dragon Age?

After The Witcher 3 I imagine it's more useful as a 'free' game. "Now 2014's Game of the Year comes to EA Access" or some similar spiel.

Bgamer90

Banned
I don't understand people who play old sports games. Do they also watch last year's games?

Some people simply aren't as interested in certain sports as much as other people so they don't care.

On top of this, all of the EA Sports games in the vault are still releveant. August will be the start of this year's EA Sports games (with Madden NFL 16).

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
God people are still complaining about an optional subscription service that comfortably delivers on value? Man E3 is like the full moon huh?

Kinsella

Banned

Old sports games? The latest iteration of all of EA's sports games are part of the service. And yes, lots of people watch old games. ESPN, the NBA channel, and NFL Network cater to those people.

TS-08

Some people can enjoy the games as games rather than "Current Season Reenactment."

I still don't know what EA is getting from EA Access. Because the money is practically nothing. My trust for them is so little I still keep waiting for the catch to show up.

Spades

Last time I checked, FIFA 15, NHL 15, Madden 15, NBA 15 and UFC were all the latest releases in their respective series. Most of those have been available to subscribers for quite a few months.

Or are you implying that you only buy/play games on their release date?

I still don't know what EA is getting from EA Access. Because the money is practically nothing. My trust for them is so little I still keep waiting for the catch to show up.

I think I'm their target for EA Access. I'd never have bought FIFA or any of the others, bar Battlefield 4. I didn't really want to buy it so thought I'd boot it up and essentially get BF4 for £4. Played it, loved it (though never touched the MP. Not my thing) and then had the occasional browse of other games. That was about 6 months ago. I'm too lazy to cancel and like having FIFA to dip into every now and then, so they got money out of me that they would not have otherwise.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I'd really prefer Dragon Age, but Titanfall + the season pass that is free to everybody is a good addition.

I wouldn't mind a population spike for TItanfall for a few weeks.

Don't feel like I'm done with the game yet, but the players left are way better than I am.

Keep your subscription on top of your subscription I'll pass. And I'm happy Sony told EA to get fucked honestly if anything yall should probably thank Sony for keeping EA honest. By not being on both eco systems EA has no choice but to over deliver on value to keep the fish they have hooked not only to keep you guys paying for games that don't generate income for them anymore but to make it look enticing to Sony all the while. EA is gonna EA though and eventually the other shoe's gonna drop there's always a catch with EA.

Let's not do this. Please don't do this to yourself.

I love EA Access, one of the best investments in gaming IMO.

Top Bottom