• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New games at MS Gamer's Day: Banjo 3 and Vina Pinata 2 pics leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunahan

Banned
Yeah, I second the gamble that LIPS is Microsoft's karaoke game / singstar competitor.

It's pretty obvious they're trying to get their casual games division in order....

Curious what Ninja Blade is though....

pswii60

If Scene It? 2 isn't more than just movie questions, then Buzz TV will kick the living daylights out of it. Scene It needs music, sports, general knowledge etc. Either as seperate packs or all in the one game. Scene It? 2 doesn't sound like it'll be any of that.

stotch

Banned
Hunahan said:
Yeah, I second the gamble that LIPS is Microsoft's karaoke game / singstar competitor.

It's pretty obvious they're trying to get their casual games division in order....

Curious what Ninja Blade is though....

Wasn't Rock Band supposed to be MS's karaoke game? Can't really think what else the title would refer to though.

hmm that's strange or maybe a mistake but in the Xbox 360 folder I have found this empty subfolders:

Flight Simulator
Train Simulator
Zoo Tycoon Collection

Also there are new Too Human coop screenshots if anyone is interested.

pswii60 said:
If Scene It? 2 isn't more than just movie questions, then Buzz TV will kick the living daylights out of it. Scene It needs music, sports, general knowledge etc. Either as seperate packs or all in the one game. Scene It? 2 doesn't sound like it'll be any of that.

The DVD version game includes much more than movie questions doesn't it?

pswii60 said:
Microsoft's understanding of casual games is that they need some, not how to make it a good competitor. I hate to think what their version of Singstar would be like.

pswii60

Francias Castiglione said:
The DVD version game includes much more than movie questions doesn't it?
Yeah they do other editions, like Scene It? Music/Friends/Harry Potter etc.

But this is just called Scene It? 2, so that's why I thought perhaps not. But, we'll see!
grindamasta said:
hmm that's strange or maybe a mistake but in the Xbox 360 folder I have found this empty subfolders:

Flight Simulator
Train Simulator
Zoo Tycoon Collection

Interesting, but most likely a mistake.

But yeah can you post those TH coop screenshots?

stotch

Banned
grindamasta said:

Flight Simulator
Train Simulator
Zoo Tycoon Collection

Dyack said public demo after co-op was shown to the press (didn't specify how long after). Hopefully the co-op screens mean the game is in it's home stretch. It's amazing that this stuff is just out there ...

pswii60 said:
Yeah they do other editions, like Scene It? Music/Friends/Harry Potter etc.

But this is just called Scene It? 2, so that's why I thought perhaps not. But, we'll see!

If anything it points to diversity, they sub-titled the first one "Lights, Camera, Action!" but are going with a straight numerical sequel.

grindamasta said:

Flight Simulator
Train Simulator
Zoo Tycoon Collection

yea im interested could you link them please

besiktas1

Drip drip drip,
LEAK.jpg

Yay! more viva pinata! Plus can we see the Too human picks please

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
pswii60 said:
The problem is that movies are pretty universal, in that Hollywood movies basically own the market worldwide.

When you start adding in sports, music and general knowledge, it starts getting trickier because you have to localise the questions.

I would really love it with all 3, though.

adg1034

grindamasta said:

Flight Simulator
Train Simulator
Zoo Tycoon Collection

What's the address of the press site?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Damn it, I want to hear about PJ's Halo project. :(

Viva TiP is probably the only thing I care about from that list atm (we'll wait and see for this 'Ninja Blade')

MCD

Blimblim said:
Nice one MS, way to blow your big announcements. And it's not even a leak!
folders are empty, doesn't matter and from the names, sounds like all casual stuff.

clashfan said:
I heard a rumor of a Ninja/Matrix Sci-Fi game developed by From Software...

Could this be it?

Yes. It's possible. Developed by FromSoftware, Published by Microsoft.
This wouldnt be the first time they collaborated.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
How does the MS press site work? Could be that someone is breaking the terms & conditions of their access by blabbing about these so openly.
Well personally I don't think I have access to that particular press site. I know of 3 different MS press sites, and I guess there are more...
Stumpokapow said:
Are you guys going to be asking MS whether or not you can put up any embargoed info you have already now that this stuff is posted?
Tomorrow is a national day off here in France, so whatever happens I won't be able to join anyone at MS until tuesday. So we are definitely not going to leak anything. Not that I have anything to leak in the first place anyway...

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
not encouraged by the "Trouble in Paradise" subtitle for VP2, if it's not another garden game (or alike) Im not sure how interested I'll be.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
To get access you provide credentials though right?
What do you mean by credential?
Usually you get access to a press site because you "work" for the press. If you don't play fair, your access will be revoked and that's about it. I never had to sign a NDA or whatever to get access to a common press site.
So unless there is an embargo written anywhere on the pages of this press site, it's usually considered fair game to post anything found there. But I'm not going to do it *this time*
McDragon said:
i made you talk :D
Yeah well, I don't think I've said much about that game anyway :D

Owzers

I hope Scene It 2 is an xbla game, i'd like to just have it on my system for a non-$60 price. Still excited for Tuesday, you know, if people want surprises....maybe don't have the names of the games in the title of this thread? Gamers ruining the surprise for other gamers :lol

Could be that someone is breaking the terms & conditions of their access by blabbing about these so openly.

nope, everything uploaded there can be published, I've readed the site's policy, it's just an standard press site. Is MS fault if they upload the assets two days before the official day, like Banjo.

Hopefully we get a release date for Too Human. Looking forward to it. And WHERE IS THAT FUCKING DEMO we were promised in "early 2008"?

I too am looking forward to hearing about Peter Jackson's Halo project. And seeing more from Halo Wars. I expect them to hopefully be part of E3.

Blimblim said:
What do you mean by credential?

A photo of yourself wearing a hat like this...

Press_hat.jpg

Or proof you have a website/publication of worth.

I guess if they don't make you click to agree to terms then you can spill whatever you can get once you are inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom