• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God Of War III screens/trailer

SamBishop

Banned
Kagari said:
But you've seen it! Right?

Yes'm, and it was neat, but nothing so mind-blowing that I feel people are missing out. The evisceration was pretty swanky, though.

Cute mouseover on your title, by the way. ;)

jett said:
PFFFFFT SCEA may not "officially" release something like that, but when they start sending out previews to websites you can bet your ass they will show all the gruesome scenes they can. Or when the game is playable at trade shows. :)

I don't particularly care about some video of an unfinished pre-alpha build with framerate issues. :p

Video footage and screens from preview builds are subject to embargoes. Builds that will be shown to the public will be edited if they appear in playable form so as to confirm to ESRB regulations. So no, you still won't see it until the game ships, sorry.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
CHRP718 said:
Naughty Dog were also asking fans what they would like to see included in LE/CE for Uncharted 2.

All I want is a nice metal case that's the same size as all of my other PS3 cases, with a bonus DVD or maybe just an art book. Make it $10 more and I'll buy it. I do not want a shitty plastic toy, a giant box that won't fit on my shelf, or any other crap. I like the Lost Planet and Halo 2 LE's the best.

jett

D-Member
SamBishop said:
Builds that will be shown to the public will be edited if they appear in playable form so as to confirm to ESRB regulations. So no, you still won't see it until the game ships, sorry.

Again with the ESRB regulations stuff. One of the bloodiest games this generation, GeoW2, showed people cutting locusts in half in its very first official gameplay video. What happened to the censoring there? :p

SamBishop

Banned
jett said:
Again with the ESRB regulations stuff. One of the bloodiest games this generation, GeoW2, showed people cutting locusts in half in its very first official gameplay video. What happened to the censoring there? :p

Guess they draw a line between lopping a dude's head and shoulder off and wrenching into an enemy's gut, struggling to tear through the skin and then finally doing it, having intestines and other organs spill out. Bear in mind this is the same regulating body that apparently takes serious issue with boobies too. Saw a guy in half, sure, but don't you dare show some tits!

I didn't say it made sense, I'm just repeating the reasons Sony told us (repeatedly) for not being able to show you guys the same trailer, and why a lot of that stuff is safeguarded by publishers when it comes preview time. Most video and screens are either restricted completely or have to be approved by the publisher. The reason why sites have age gates isn't because they care, exactly, it's because publishers get fined by the ESRB if they don't. That's kinda just the way it works, wonky though it may be.

Slavik81

jett said:
You seem to be assuming that ERSB regulations make at least the slightest bit of sense.

Your assumption is invalid.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
thuway said:
My only real beef with the graphics were some of the textures, effects (like when Kratos splashes the puddle), and some of the enemies had zero self shadowing.

My only beef is that Kratos guts all of these enemies and he doesn't have a fucking spot of blood on him whatsoever. He should be colored red by the time he's done destroying a cyclops.

Top Bottom