• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New HOME video and screenshots showing new games.

andycapps

gloone said:
Hey, SONY! Thanks for selling me a bowling game on PSN and then you give a away better one for free with home.

ody7c.gif

I like High Velocity Bowling. That has gotten a lot more playtime in my house with friends than Wii Bowling, that's for sure. The custom playlists is a large part of that. Plus, the art style is pretty funny, etc. Didn't like the fact that only a few characters were in the game, you had to buy the rest.

DrPirate

Banned
Firewire said:
Whatever the size ends up being, I don't really care.

All I want is the ability to meet up with friends/clans (someone's apartment) discuss games and possible strategies (in a war room like Warhawk's) and then all of us launch into the game together in the same in game lobby!

The rest is just bonus stuff!

Yep. This is the only reason I'm looking forward to it. The gaming component. It'll be like in the old Counter-Strike games, you'd wait in an IRC room and either get a pickup game going (random team of people) or act as a ringer for another team, or other reasons for other games like finding someone that wants to do coop on the hardest difficulty of say....Resistance 2. I think it has great possibilities for social gaming if they use the service as I just described.

Otherwise, home ftl :(

iceatcs

lol someone though it is dead. Oh please grown up!

Anyway look forward invitation system with game room esp future titles and 3rd Party.

DrPirate said:
Yep. This is the only reason I'm looking forward to it. The gaming component. It'll be like in the old Counter-Strike games, you'd wait in an IRC room and either get a pickup game going (random team of people) or act as a ringer for another team, or other reasons for other games like finding someone that wants to do coop on the hardest difficulty of say....Resistance 2. I think it has great possibilities for social gaming if they use the service as I just described.

Otherwise, home ftl :(

Well I hope new titles should have shortcut in the game menu allow to jump on Home's own gameroom. It will help bring more people who have this game on the Home gameroom if they looking for new buddy to play with. "Kind of manual matchmaker"

Firewire

Banned
iceatcs said:
lol someone though it is dead. Oh please grown up!

Anyway look forward invitation system with game room esp future titles and 3rd Party.

Well EA is already on board. There was someone on here about 6 months ago that worked for EA and he said he was currently working on some special stuff for Home. I would think most mid to large developers have special plans as well.

I just hope Sony is helping out the smaller dev's, when it comes to special lobbies or rooms in Home.

slider

If they could reduce the length of that video by over half, add some better music and generally jazz it up I think it's a pretty good introduction to what they/we want/expect from Home.

iceatcs

Firewire said:
I just hope Sony is helping out the smaller dev's, when it comes to special lobbies or rooms in Home.

Me too, but I can see they might use in Event Room because PS.Blog managed to bring some smaller developers to post some on this blog. So they should have no problem to bring them in Home with live interview or presentation in the Event room.

But if the game has Home support therefore it will likely to have own room.
If not, developers should make the big one apartment room change to lobbies and link shortcut from game menu. If only Sony allow make it exclusive unlimited and region-free apartment room.

Fan-gamerooms in the apartment will be around anyway is the other way people can join together same game.

While it does look nice graphically, some of the animations aren't as high quality as the models themselves.

For a while I was really wanting into Home, but from everything I'm hearing I'm not missing anything so it doesn't really matter :lol

Burekma

Ah yes, Home. Still remember when I was even remotely hyped for this. But back then it still had the promise of good features such as Hall of fame (3D trophy room) and the "2D Home", a sort of web representation of Home accessed through a web browser (facebook meets gamercard)

But these features are nowhere to be heard of now and all thats left is one big chat room with the ability to kill some time over a game of pool/bowling. :(

But thats just the way I see it and reading this board, I'm glad I'm not alone.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Brandon F said:
Hipster avatars for everyone!!!
Easily the biggest turn off for me. Ugh. Is there actual variety when it comes to choosing your avatar's style, or is this just the "official image" they've chosen to market to the general public?

Top Bottom