• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

shira

I just gotta say, there's a special place reserved in hell for people who bump HxH threads.

:(

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they said it was a 10 year wait for the next episode

But damn that Ant arc ending was fucking good

Moaradin

They are both some of the best arcs in the genre but I give the edge slightly to the ant arc. The payoff made all the buildup worth it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
wtf!? I always thought the kimono wearing little girl zoldyck family member was a well, a girl. But it's a boy!? damn.

First Kurapika and now this!?

Daingurse

I just gotta say, there's a special place reserved in hell for people who bump HxH threads.

:(

That's why I never even had a single hope, lol. Togashi is going to take is ever loving time, like always. I knew this must have been because of some new blood.

The denouncement of the Chimera Ant Arc is absolutely incredible. The Chimera Ant Arc is one of my favorite shounen arcs period, both in the manga and the anime. I just didn't have the same issues many had with it. It just escalated things and simply delivered again and again. I'd easily put it over Yorknew City personally, and I fucking love Yorknew City. That's a real fucking arc. That's just how much I enjoyed the Chimera Ant arc.

I felt a little disappointed on how the Yorknew arc
ended so abruptly
. In retrospect, I am probably got too groomed watching different shonen series expecting
a great big brawl that ended with the death of the entire phantom troupe.
HxH does that to you if you're not prepared.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm like 6 or something episodes into the Hunter Chairman Election arc and it's already full of awesome moments and scenes. THIS SERIES.

Illumi's bloodlust scene, Leorio punching Ging, the Zodiacs intro, Alluka's reveal... damnnnnn

FluxWaveZ

Sorry for the bump; was just watching an HxH clip (Gon and Killua vs. Netero) and came to realize how much Killua's personality changed throughout the series because of Gon. Killua was pissed throughout the whole thing, heh. Killua was pretty vicious initially.

I should watch the series again to rewatch everything that happened before Nen entered the picture.

the next arc has the potential to be even better than the ant arc.

cuz holy shit son.

It's going to be some difficult episodes if they ever animated it.

The new arc chapters are THE most dialog intensive manga chapters I've ever seen. It took translators many tries to make it understandable.

That said, yes I think it will be the most interesting arc if we ever get it completed.

Helmholtz

So I just started this anime. Really enjoying it so far, about 8 episodes in.
Questions: Is the anime finished? Is the manga finished? Is the anime caught up with the manga? If not, will it ever be?
I've just read a lot of stuff about things not being finished and I was curious as to where it stood right now.

The manga is not "finished". The anime is finished, though. It mostly caught up with the manga, but instead of diving fully into the next arc or coming up with a bunch of filler, they decided to tease us a little and provided a good ending.

The manga is in hiatus right now and has been a for a few months and probably stay in hiatus for a while now.

Helmholtz

The manga is not "finished". The anime is finished, though. It mostly caught up with the manga, but instead of diving fully into the next arc or coming up with a bunch of filler, they decided to tease us a little and provided a good ending.
Okay, that's cool. As long as the ending is pretty good.
I guess if I want more afterward I can seek out the manga.

Jigolo

So I just started this anime. Really enjoying it so far, about 8 episodes in.
Questions: Is the anime finished? Is the manga finished? Is the anime caught up with the manga? If not, will it ever be?
I've just read a lot of stuff about things not being finished and I was curious as to where it stood right now.

Okay, that's cool. As long as the ending is pretty good.
I guess if I want more afterward I can seek out the manga.

Whatever you do don't go back on this thread. Stay on this page

I thought the bump was to announce the series is returning...

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Works for me. I've always enjoyed watching a well made anime over reading manga. Just my personal preference. And I'm used to hiatuses since I read the Berserk manga ;-;

Miura and Togashi are both pretty bad with hiatuses. People always wonder which one is going to finish their series first (if they finish them at all).

VeeP

Togashi must have a lot of pride for his work, but I wish he'd start hiring assistants again. He's doing everything on his own right now, and that's not going to help his back problems at all.

I don't understand, why can't he hire a professional artist and just write the script and names of each chapter? It has nothing to do with pride. He's dissppinting all his fans by making them wait this long. I get it, he has a medical condition. But then he should have someone else draw the chapter.

I don't understand, why can't he hire a professional artist and just write the script and names of each chapter? It has nothing to do with pride. He's dissppinting all his fans by making them wait this long. I get it, he has a medical condition. But then he should have someone else draw the chapter.

Something that has been going around for a few years is that when he did have assistants it didn't really work out, that it was more stressful then it should of been. I'm not sure to what extent that is true or if its true at all but just throwing that out there.

I too would like him to hire assistants. That's nothing new. Most weekly mainstream Mangakas have assistants because it's too much work. I've been to Japan with a friend who's connected and have seen first-hand how stressful it is on them. It's not hyperbole when people talk about the sacrifices of being a weekly Mangaka.

It's really annoying as a fan that he goes on hiatus for over two years, does Nine chapters and goes back on hiatus. Sure, it's not Berserk level of ridiculousness but its frustrating... especially for fans that actually buy the Volumes.

Just before the first chapter back was released last year, he made a comment along the lines of. "I'm worn out, but I'll try my best" - So I should of expected the hiatus really.

DJwest

Hopefully I won't be lynched for bumping the thread lol. I just finished the anime, and Greed Island arc aside (horrible arc), this was one hell of a ride. Wow. Yorknew arc was easily the best followed by Chimera Ant Arc.

Some of my favorite moments:
-Kurapika-sama kicking the Phantom Troupe's ass
-Knov's breakdown after infiltrating the King's palace
-Loved how overpowered the royal guards and the King were
-Gon's drastic change of personality in the Chimera Ant Arc and DAT BEATDOWN
-Leorio punching Ging

Oh and I hope Killua kicks Illumi's ass in the future.

Now I've read the last manga chapter and I'm waiting with you guys. Togashi hasn't published a chapter in more than 5 months ? Oh boy.

WorldStar

Banned
guys im not reading this thread bc i dont really follow anime so i dont know what point this show is at and i dont want spoilers but...

i have 1 more episodes to go until ive seen everything on netflix. guessing im quickly approaching the end of the ant arc altho i cant see how they would wrap it up in a final episode

anyways, are there more episodes available elsewhere outside of netflix? does netflix have all of the ant arc? are they gonna add more to neflix? pls respond

i have 1 more episodes to go until ive seen everything on netflix. guessing im quickly approaching the end of the ant arc altho i cant see how they would wrap it up in a final episode

anyways, are there more episodes available elsewhere outside of netflix? does netflix have all of the ant arc? are they gonna add more to neflix? pls respond
Which episode do you have left? I believe Crunchyroll has all of the episodes, at least.

guys im not reading this thread bc i dont really follow anime so i dont know what point this show is at and i dont want spoilers but...

The rest of the show is on Crunchyroll. There's about 30 something more episodes until the ant arc wraps up, from where you're at.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
On the one hand when I look at the actual numbers yeah the ant arc is ridiculously long. On the other hand I'm on 120 right now and it hasn't felt that bad. They could have tightened things up and probably effectively removed a half dozen or so episodes, but things have been moving at an okay clip

WorldStar

Banned
I'm not sure if crunchyroll is free on PS3, but I can send a 2 day pass your way, if wanna try and marathon a few episodes.

much appreciated bruh, does it expire?

its hard to marathon shit nowadays cuz work and life BS but it might come in handy

took me forever to watch everything on netflix but idk for some reason i really like this anime

much appreciated bruh, does it expire?

its hard to marathon shit nowadays cuz work and life BS but it might come in handy

took me forever to watch everything on netflix but idk for some reason i really like this anime
No problem. The pass last until next year, so you should have plenty of time.

YaGaMi

Finally up to date after I waited a decade since the original Greed Island OVAs. Even though I will always prefer the older version up until the end of York Shin Auction I'm happy to see this series finally get the recognition it deserves and is more widely known now.

I'm not looking forward to going through another decade for another arc. Berserk and HxH have always been in my Top 5 and are moving at a snail pace and may never end. Sad times.

Betty

Banned
Finished all 148 episodes in under a month, that's surreal, I can take months just to watch a 12 part series.

Hands down best anime I've seen so far, how the creator made two of my all time favorite, must watch binge shows in Yu Yu and this is a marvel.

Rootbeer

Banned
Finished all 148 episodes in under a month, that's surreal, I can take months just to watch a 12 part series.

Hands down best anime I've seen so far, how the creator made two of my all time favorite, must watch binge shows in Yu Yu and this is a marvel.

i was able to marathon the show through the first 3 arcs before I caught up and watched the rest in real time. It was an awesome experience to marathon them like that. I really wonder how different the experience had been if I'd been able to marathon the entire thing.

Just so sad how such a great series is stagnating like this. it deserves to live a long life.

Top Bottom