• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

Has anyone ever written a sort of analysis about why certain regions get certain styles portrayed in their box art? I just find the majority of JPN boxart to be smart, classy, snappy, or very minimalist(all shit i love) compared to the US where it seems like we just threw together a press kit jpeg collage. But I'd love to know the thinking and reasons they make this stuff different

I always see most Japanese box-arts as attempts to fit as much shit as possible onto the cover before it implodes. Releasing an RPG? Don't forget to get all the NPCs on the cover!

That or tits.

SS

ßig

Unconfirmed Member
61nGOn%2BRhxL.jpg

That fourth person looks so out of place lol

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Did not know that PuzzDra X had 2 versions. Hmmm I wonder if that would be a double pack here too, if it gets localized?

Ridley327

CERO C for Quantum Break? I don't think it's a gory game at all, but I would have figured on at least a D with how hard they come down on any violence involving blood.

Wow. I didn't know The Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2 were coming to PS4! Awesome. I was thinking of settling with Season 1 for the Vita to show Japanese friends, but this is much better suited for that.

HYDE

Banned
Toukiden Kiwami 2

This is fantastic imo.

What is up with FFXV though? So conflicting for a game that started out as a fantasy RPG...

HGH

Banned
I think moving the chess board/pieces to the place where the map was added would have been nice, but yeah that's a major improvement.

Top Bottom