• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

Hive

Banned
Infernal Monkey said:
media_tingleballoontripbox.jpg

is there a release date yet?

D-X

Shikashi said:
I don't remember Chris looking like this?! Did they change him or something?

This was the original DC japanese cover. For the western release someone obviously realised the models were pretty strange looking and used this artwork for the cover instead

RECVEurope.png

kay

The new box is actually more square for the actual artwork, width-length ratio of around 0.94 instead of around 0.79. Almost the same ratio as a DS box actually, which is 0.96.

kay

Infernal Monkey said:
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51re3PJpB8L.jpg
You posted that 4 months ago, I looked back a few pages before posting, so that's how I noticed. Oh well, it's still nice. :)

Infernal Monkey said:

That's odd; if I recall correctly, Japan never got the original Dead Space. Something about concerns it would get a CERO Z and not be viable for the market.

Surprised Extraction is only CERO D, instead of CERO Z. If Dead Rising was CERO Z, how they get away with a D?

Mutanthands said:
That's odd; if I recall correctly, Japan never got the original Dead Space. Something about concerns it would get a CERO Z and not be viable for the market.

Surprised Extraction is only CERO D, instead of CERO Z. If Dead Rising was CERO Z, how they get away with a D?
Given it's a first person game now, you probably never see your character decapitated and horribly mutiliated and such.

kay

518Gm0J4mgL.jpg
51cEeYGuzZL.jpg
61ZCem4fQgL.jpg
51OYycIs%2BOL.jpg
51ok6PUhvWL.jpg
61pZp9rtQHL.jpg
61KDm-EZOQL.jpg
61FBOBykdmL.jpg
61rIqQRzNuL.jpg

Some promo art which may or may not end up being used for the packaging:
TVG-PSP-0921.jpg