• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

vareon

61oLsNOR1ZL.jpg

Oooooooh.

Meh... I think it's pretty cheesy. "Hey she's a lady! And it's during the revolution! Lady Liberty!"

I loved Lady Liberty. The subtitle stood out between all the other AC subtitles.

RedSwirl

I find it oddly charming that Chunsoft is publishing the Japanese version of TW2, though they didn't do ANYTHING to translate that box art.

Takao

Banned
I find it oddly charming that Chunsoft is publishing the Japanese version of TW2, though they didn't do ANYTHING to translate that box art.

That's because of the merger with Spike. Spike localizes a lot of western games for the Japanese market.

RedSwirl

That's because of the merger with Spike. Spike localizes a lot of western games for the Japanese market.

A thought just occurred to me in regards to TW2's Japanese release. I just caught a bit of a trailer, and it still uses the English audio with Japanese subs. Why not just use the original Polish audio?

Dammed!

I do not own a 3DS but this edition is beautiful.

3DS is region-locked, right? So even if I get it I will need a Japanese system....

Any chance of such edition to come to US?

Edited: about this Japanese edition, is it exclusive to some store? I can only find the normal edition on amiami.

Edited 2: ok, found it. Exclusive to Square`s Online Shop: http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/SE-E0071?fromsearch=
Guess I do not have to worry about this edition anymore, since I will not be able to get it anyway (at least, at a reasonable price).

Eusis

Development times aside, the games were good.
And they had other games that didn't take unreasonably long either.

The biggest problem as of late with their handheld stuff is how more of it later on got left behind in Japan. That was mainly a DS problem though, the biggest PSP hold out, Type-0, seems to be coming here in some form from what I recall you saying, and they have yet to get the ball rolling on 3DS anyway, and in the US both DS and PSP were badly plagued with piracy anyway. Really hope we see a "return to form" via them putting out the same quality in handheld titles this generation as last, with fewer holdouts by the end.

muu

looks fucking awesome. Too bad it's a Square Enix direct-only item @ 12.8K yen...

For those of you that want to play the Japanese 3DS titles, don't forget that the 3DSLL release means a ton of previous j3DS owners are going to be upgrading and likely letting go of their old systems for cheap.

looks fucking awesome. Too bad it's a Square Enix direct-only item @ 12.8K yen...

The yen is too strong agains the dollar right now. You can use a deputy service to buy from Square-Enix webshop, but it would not be cheaper. After checked the service I normally use, the grand total should be around US$ 210. (way cheaper than what probably ebay sellers will ask, but still a lot). My Japanese import bill is quite high already, considering pre-orders for my 360 and my Vita. I am not sure if I should get another import console.

And they had other games that didn't take unreasonably long either.

The biggest problem as of late with their handheld stuff is how more of it later on got left behind in Japan. That was mainly a DS problem though, the biggest PSP hold out, Type-0, seems to be coming here in some form from what I recall you saying, and they have yet to get the ball rolling on 3DS anyway, and in the US both DS and PSP were badly plagued with piracy anyway. Really hope we see a "return to form" via them putting out the same quality in handheld titles this generation as last, with fewer holdouts by the end.

Theatrhythm is one of the best games on the system, tbh.

Zaventem

I wish the made a different cover.This is already disappointing.Also i read up on the cero Z(Ages 18 and up only) rating in japan and i honestly don't get it.Games like RE and Dark Souls can get the D rating(Ages 17 and up) but Skyrim and Dead Space gets slapped with the Z rating which means they can't even advertise the game.Yeah you can say it's cultural but the to games ive listed are both on par with each other in violence.

http://www.1up.com/news/japan-anti-violence-game-rating-system

Games where you can hurt innocent bystanders e.g. Grand Theft Auto are generally given a Z rating. Are the Resident Evil games as obsessed with gore as Dead Space? I'm not very familiar with the series.

RedSwirl

I wish the made a different cover.This is already disappointing.Also i read up on the cero Z(Ages 18 and up only) rating in japan and i honestly don't get it.Games like RE and Dark Souls can get the D rating(Ages 17 and up) but Skyrim and Dead Space gets slapped with the Z rating which means they can't even advertise the game.Yeah you can say it's cultural but the to games ive listed are both on par with each other in violence.

http://www.1up.com/news/japan-anti-violence-game-rating-system

Games where you can hurt innocent bystanders e.g. Grand Theft Auto are generally given a Z rating. Are the Resident Evil games as obsessed with gore as Dead Space? I'm not very familiar with the series.

I think the big thing with CERO is dismemberment, which is one of the core mechanics of Dead Space. I don't even think the first one was released in Japan at all (and I'm not finding any evidence that the second one was either).

Resident Evil games have been censored in Japan actually, I know RE4 was changed to remove decapitation.

Jawmuncher

Ok im pissed.

That RE6 Box Art is LEAGUES better than the damn box art the US and EU got stiffed with (if it's not the steelbook edition).

I need a printout of that or something.

Top Bottom