• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid V Day Time Demo: Must Watch!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This game presented as it is currently in 2008 or even 2009 would have put the internet on fire. But now in 2013, for a release in 2014 or even in 2015 is way too late... Almost a generation late... Such a symbol of japanese gaming development struggling to compete with the most impressive western output. Worse is while the game looks current-gen (with great lightning no doubt), it wont be cheap to produce (well a AAA bugdet game) against the first real next-gen output coming next year...

Nail on the head unfortunately. MGSV really does feel late to the party for me at this point and The Phantom Pain is still over a year off. I'm still down for this day 1 because I am a bit of a Metal Gear fanboy but I can't say the excitement is there.

So is this game like a console version of Peace Walker?

In some ways it sounds good and bad at the same time. I hope it's not something where whenever you get on the helicopter it shows you a mission select screen and you select different mini missions like in PW

Batzi

Banned
So is this game like a console version of Peace Walker?

In some ways it sounds good and bad at the same time. I hope it's not something where whenever you get on the helicopter it shows you a mission select screen and you select different mini missions like in PW

It is a console version of PW which is amazing.

It is a console version of PW which is amazing.

I don't know. I think as amazing a game as Peace Walker was, that comparison sells MGSV (or rather, what MGSV is looking to be) short. Every Metal Gear game is a completely different experience. I think this one will follow that trend. I do expect to see a great deal of Peace Walker elements, however!

Batzi

Banned
What's taking this backwards ass company so long to release proper videos?

Time. We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times. Ten years ago, the times rejected The Boss... and killed her. And now we're the ones being tested. Will the times erase us? Or work with us? It's gonna be a lonely battle... No good or evil, no winners or losers. Business will have to wait. The question we have to ask ourselves now is, can we survive long enough to see the 21st century?

Ranger X

So wait, please pardon me because I skipped some pages and honestly, am all confused now....

1- There's TWO games coming? I thought it was just one.

2- MGS5 is a console remake of Peace Walker (would love that because I never played it) and Phantom Pain is next-gen/new gen MGS only on PS4/Xbone??

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So wait, please pardon me because I skipped some pages and honestly, am all confused now....

1- There's TWO games coming? I thought it was just one.

2- MGS5 is a console remake of Peace Walker (would love that because I never played it) and Phantom Pain is next-gen/new gen MGS only on PS4/Xbone??

1. No one knows for sure.

2. No and no. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain put together are MGSV. They are both cross-gen. Whether they are two separate games remains to be seen.

Top Bottom