• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Miyamoto interview: FZero and the origin of Link

Yeah. Frankly, I can only see P* doing justice to an off-vehicle F-Zero game, the Cap always felt like he belonged in an over the top action game...and no racing sections!

Captain Falcon as the main character in a God Hand spiritual sequel is the game of my dreams. Or any God Hand spiritual sequel, for that matter.

IF iF-Zero had 30-player MP with leaderboards, a new Story with online and local co-op... , Machine/Racer Customization, etc...

...Everyone on GAF would buy a fucking Wii-U day 1.

The sooner Miyamoto learns this, the better.

Daschysta

IF iF-Zero had 30-player MP with leaderboards, a new Story with online and local co-op... , Machine/Racer Customization, etc...

...Everyone on GAF would buy a fucking Wii-U day 1.

The sooner Miyamoto learns this, the better.

Everyone on Gaf isn't that many people.

I have no problem with Nintendo continuing to release derivative New Mario games as long as they keep putting out creative gems like 3D Land and Galaxy. Obviously the money from the New cash cow is going to good use.

Snakeyes

I'd rather have not a new iteration of my favourite racing series than one of your travesties >.<. F-Zero has to stay arcady and skill orientated, not some stupid gimmick game. So what to demand for a new game in the series? An even higher speed, 60fps, five-player local multiplayer, absolute pure racing and ramming as in GX and X, a level editor as in X Expansion Pack, a shitton of new courses, online multiplayer, better graphics. Nothing more is needed. I could do without the online part, too.

What's so gimmicky and stupid about his first idea?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I understand him basically saying that F-Zero GX is already perfection - but sometimes gamers just want more of a good thing.

Nintendoland F-Zero looks like a fucking disgrace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrW8Q-Cf2l0 :cry

Lol, that's not F-Zero, that's a generic sled game set in the future of Metropolis.

Anyways, for F-Zero, I want to have my dashing vehicles transform into mini-robots like Gundam style or custom robo, so I can shoot other members, and we can fly (thrust?) across the track too.

Socreges

Banned
Don't know if it's been said, but I'm guessing Miyamato isn't a very big fan of F-Zero or just hasn't been impressed by its sales?

And as for Metroid... why can't someone ask him about the 3DS? We've gone over 8 years without a 2D Metroid. That's ridiculous. We waited less time between Super and Fusion.

iidesuyo

F-Zero doesn't sell well, that's the bitter truth. GP Legends went straight to the bargain bin (I bought it new for 5€) and Climax wasn't even released outside of Japan.

Top Bottom