• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Monster Hunter World trailer shows off Wildspire Waste

But if this game is planned for early next year shouldn't we be getting English trailers any day now?

That's already the case since E3, you can check the official Monster Hunter channel here. The hype is insane in the comments. PlayStation US/EU is also very active to relay MH World videos.

Also, from Gematsu

Monster Hunter: World will be playable at the Sony Interactive Entertainment booth at Gamescom 2017 from August 22 to 26, as well as at PAX West 2017 from September 1 to 4, and Tokyo Game Show 2017 from September 21 to 24.

Awesome video to wake up too, love this guy!

giphy.gif

JoeNut

still can't decide if this is a game for me, looks very button bashy and the trailer showcasing the weapons just made the impact on the monsters look incredibly samey, the weapons themselves look cool but they seemed completely without impact

spiritfox

still can't decide if this is a game for me, looks very button bashy and the trailer showcasing the weapons just made the impact on the monsters look incredibly samey, the weapons themselves look cool but they seemed completely without impact

Monster Hunter is the complete opposite of button mashy.

That's already the case since E3, you can check the official Monster Hunter channel here. The hype is insane in the comments. PlayStation US/EU is also very active to relay MH World videos.

Also, from Gematsu

Last patch of trailers we got the English version a day or so later.

That's good, really good then! Man those creatures look great in terms of animation and details.

With how many players in one team can this be played?

Hopefully they change how Urgent quests work. Sucked that you had the be the one who posted it to have it be completed. I'd join an urgent quest I was on, helped the other person in the hope he'd help mine if I posted it, but most of the time people just left :(

Sayad

It's easier to mash in a Souls game than it is in an MH game, you don't even have a lock on in MH!

With how many players in one team can this be played?
4 players max.

Defuser

LOL you try to button mash and see what will happen. You will never beat the tutorial mission if you button mash.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
This trailer delivers!

Diablos is going to fuck some new players up! Good to see Barroth coming back, loved that dude in MH3U. I need Zinogre and Nargacuga too but the new monsters look pretty dope so far.

Kinsei

Banned
Hmm, i can't find any sort of trailer where it shows how you actually do the battles, how does the combat work then?

It's all about timing and finding the right openings. Once the monster is open to attack you need to choose what you do carefully because animations take a while to play out and you can't dodge cancel your moves.

Still not sure if I'm going to grab it on PC (which is coming out god knows when), or wait for a handheld MH game. I can't imagine that I'll spend much time playing on PC (at least compared to my time with the PSP/Vita/3DS games) and with the lack of x-console play, I doubt I'll be able to play with my friends.

As far as the video goes I'm glad Barroth is coming back and Diablos is kinda cool too. Don't know how to feel about the tease at the end. Didn't really seem that interesting to me, but maybe my mind will change when we see it in action.

Hmm, i can't find any sort of trailer where it shows how you actually do the battles, how does the combat work then?

The combat is like a fighting game. You carefully position yourself and use the right attacks to punish moves of the monsters without overextending yourself and aiming for the weak spots. It's completely the opposite of button mashy

Woooooooww what a trailer!!

I fucking love fridays! I teared up a bit when that MH theme started building up!

Capcom you got me by the balls here!

Raide

Hmm.. World is doing things a little differently due to increased mobility compared to older MH titles. In essence, weapons have a weight to them, so you have to make deliberate moves and positioning to make sure you connect. More for hammers and massive big swords.

It's a game built around progression and normally when you hit a wall, it's your gear that stopping you or the fact some of your fundamentals, combat wise, are lacking.

Watch some of the previous hunt footage for a small idea of how combat will work.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Gaijinhunter's weapon tutorials for the 3DS games might give you a good idea how the combat works in World and most weapon seem to keep most of their movesets over from the portable games anyway.

I'm guessing you talked about mashy combat because of the dual blades animations, since the weapon has a tendency to have an animation with several hits for only one button input.

Raide

Looking forward to seeing if MHGaf embraces World and welcome in all the new hunters. I want to do some Mixer stuff when it comes out on 1X, so if any new hunters want to jump in, it would be a great laugh.

Delio

Looking forward to seeing if MHGaf embraces World and welcome in all the new hunters. I want to do some Mixer stuff when it comes out on 1X, so if any new hunters want to jump in, it would be a great laugh.

I'd like to interact with MHGaf for this generation. I've been playing the games with other friends and never with gaf so it will be fun.

Qvoth

That looks so good.

I never thought they'd make a new monster using Khezu as a base. That's totally Khezu's body shape, walk cycle, and the tongue attack is a reskin of Khezu's neck stretch.

oh god you're right
been so long since i've played mh

Mupod

that's a big fuckin Barroth. Mud-Plesioth hopefully doesn't mean regular Plesioth. Kut-ku/Chameleos hybrid is maybe a chance for them to take the Chameleos concept and make a monster that's fun to fight. Also someone please stop Kut-Kus from crossbreeding with everything, Garuga was enough.

The bird-looking drome:

SXWndOS.gif

But yeah, looking forward to watching newcomers to the series meet a Diablos for the first time.

edit: oh god yeah that's Khezu's body type and walk, not Kut-Ku.

Top Bottom