• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden Sigma shots:You will say WOW

jacktion

Banned
Doesn't look that great for the highly touted $600 PS3. I expected more after all the stuff Sony's been saying.

As you can see from that guy who posted comparison shots, it looks just like Ninja Gaiden Black but in super high res.

Ynos Yrros said:
Nice ammount of stealth trolling as well. Comments like "It's the same game for third time, but I think I will have to buy a PS3 for it, even though the improvements are not really big, it's still the best game I see on that console" are making me feel sad for humanity.

Haha, c'mon. I've made similar comments in this thread, entirely in earnest. I fail to see how commenting on how awesome Sigma is looking or how tempting it's making the PS3 amounts to trolling.

You're being sensitive, and trying to sniff out fanboyishness where there is none. Relax. :)

jacktion said:
Doesn't look that great for the highly touted $600 PS3. I expected more after all the stuff Sony's been saying.

As you can see from that guy who posted comparison shots, it looks just like Ninja Gaiden Black but in super high res.

Yeah, you better take Sony to court over this [supposedly] unimpressive port that Sony had nothing to do with.

Kapsama said:
looks great now if they could only do away with that s&m gimp outfit Ryu has on. a traditional ninja cloth outfit would be better.

He already had a traditional ninja outfit in the original. It will most like make a comeback with all of the other suits.

561532_20040226_screen010.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jacktion said:

What did you expect? It's not a brand new game. What do Sony's statements have to do with the port of a Tecmo game anyways?

Still, there are clearly many improvements beyond resolution, but the nature of the art design prevents those changes from really standing out at a glance. The same was said of DOA4 in comparison to Ultimate and, in fact, of DOA3 on XBOX ("that doesn't look much better than my Dreamcast!!11").

How about this? Ninja Gaiden on the $150 XBOX completely CRUSHES anything on the $250 Wii.

dark10x

Ha ha, I'm not actually "going there", just giving him a taste of his own foolishness. :D

One can't judge an entire machine with such limited perspective and bring dollar amounts into play makes little sense.

dark10x

vspectra06 said:
Sad that it's true. Xbox launched games did look that great either though, except DOA3 which looked amazing at the time.
Post launch, there was Wreckless (which was insane looking). Heck, Halo demonstrated perpixel lighting in a way we had never seen before (not even on the PC). Very impressive, it was.

dark10x said:
Ha ha, I'm not actually "going there", just giving him a taste of his own foolishness. :D

One can't judge an entire machine with such limited perspective.

vspectra06 said:
Sad that it's true. DOA3 which looked amazing at the time. Better than anything on Wii so far

It begins.

jett said:
You have to be blind to think it looks just like NGB but in HD.

Pretty much. I admit that was my impression after the first few screens, but it's obvious now that they've put a great deal of work into adding a lot more detail to the game. After seeing the revision of the samurai horseman and the skeleton dino, I can only imagine how awesome the other bosses are going to look once the game is out.

honestly the problem with these screens are that they may or may be Tecmo'ed.

I mean i am hyped about the game because of the new weapons and boss fights but in terms of graphics it would be silly to trust tecmo screens.

dark10x

Kabuki Waq said:
honestly the problem with these screens are that they may or may be Tecmo'ed.

I mean i am hyped about the game because of the new weapons and boss fights but in terms of graphics it would be silly to trust tecmo screens.
Really? These new machines are at least capable of matching the high resolutions we often see with early shots. The difference should be minor.

I would love to see NGB with Genji II image quality, though. We know GII isn't a great game, but its visuals are outstanding. They use heavy AA and AF along with some nice blur that only effects the characters rather than everything (really slick). The image quality very closely resembles pre-rendered CG imagery in its clarity. Quite stunning.

dark10x said:
Really? These new machines are at least capable of matching the high resolutions we often see with early shots. The difference should be minor.

ofcourse the machines are capable but who knows how much these screens have been doctored because the remember the video at tgs was not all the impressive when it came to graphics. Ofcourse they have had alot more time to work at it but still...

dark10x

Kabuki Waq said:
ofcourse the machines are capable but who knows how much these screens have been doctored because the remember the video at tgs was not all the impressive when it came to graphics. Ofcourse they have had alot more time to work at it but still...
Team Ninja never alters the assets present within their shots, though (they simply up the resolution and anti-aliasing).

jett

D-Member
Kabuki Waq said:
I agree but really it didnt look all that much more impressive than NG:B in terms of visuals.

It looked the same as the pictures that were released at the time, which for me were a noticeable improvement. These new pics look even better. Oh wells.

Two things regarding this:

1. Sigma looks to be one of the best looking games for the new generation, period. Probably run better than the majority of them too.

2. This generation overall didn't just suddenly make the original Ninja Gaiden look like turd either, it still looks great, one of the best looking games ever last generation that we all knew held up well.

jacktion said:

Well, considering this is a first generation game of an XBox port, I say it easily looks as good or better than anything else available on the next generation systems. Oh yeah, it will most likely be 60fps as well.

p3tran

Banned
wow! all people that THINK that either heavenly sword or devil may cry 4 can even be compared to ninja gaiden
will be so ultimately owned when all three games are out..
SO ULTIMATELY OWNED!! :lol

p3tran said:
wow! all people that THINK that either heavenly sword or devil may cry 4 can even be compared to ninja gaiden

aint going to happen mate

XSamu

Banned
p3tran said:
Guess you can't really compare Ninja Gaiden to DMC. You could compare Ninja Gaiden to Heavenly Sword or God of War, but DMC is totally different IMO. I hated DMC, almost every aspect of the game, but I totally loved God of War, which is much more the type of game Ninja Gaiden is IMO

valparaiso

I had an Al Sharpton friend...Once! Well not a friend really, but we talked a few times. Well one time. Well I yelled out my window "GET OFF MY LAWN!"
why are these people made out of plastic?

p3tran said:

You are aware that at least half the people here at GAF perfer DMC to NG. Go ahead, make the 34,423th poll between the two games and see the same expected results over and over again.

As for Heavenly Sword, people have already said the gameplay seems floaty and button mashy, so I don't care how pretty it looks.

Dahbomb

XSamu said:
Guess you can't really compare Ninja Gaiden to DMC. You could compare Ninja Gaiden to Heavenly Sword or God of War, but DMC is totally different IMO. I hated DMC, almost every aspect of the game, but I totally loved God of War, which is much more the type of game Ninja Gaiden is IMO
NG is more like DMC than GoW. GoW doesn't have a hardcore stylish action soul in it like either NG and DMC do. NG and DMC promote skillful and aggressive play.

p3tran said:
I lol'd! :lol

Out of those 3, DMC4 is going to be the biggest. No doubt about it. However once you start adding in NG2 and GOW3 into the mix, then things will get hair for the old king of action. :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
p3tran said:
can a mod put "so ultimately owned" under his name with a link to his post for future reference? pretty please. :)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
C- Warrior said:
As for Heavenly Sword, people have already said the gameplay seems floaty and button mashy, so I don't care how pretty it looks.

Dude understand some people like to actually beat a game without breaking their controller. Every game doesn't have to be "OMG **** you" hard.

p3tran

Banned
C- Warrior said:
You are aware that at least half the people here at GAF perfer DMC to NG. Go ahead, make the 34,423th poll between the two games and see the same expected results over and over again.
well, that doesnt account for much, because I guess that WAY MORE than half of the people here where playing more on ps2 than xbox.

its the people's opinion that have played both games that matters.. ;)

badboy said:
can a mod put "so ultimately owned" under his name with a link to his post for future reference? pretty please.
I can do this myself (I think?) even now, no problem.
but, what will you put under your nick if at the end you are wrong?

the only way this wont happen is if ninja gaiden would come out all wrong on ps3, which I SERIOUSLY doubt...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
p3tran said:
I can do this myself (I think?) even now, no problem.
but, what will you put under your nick if at the end you are wrong?

the only way this wont happen is if ninja gaiden would come out all wrong on ps3, which I SERIOUSLY doubt...
I thought mods could only do custom tags for members? Anyways, I'll put whatever you like under there if heavenly sword turns out to be graphically worse than NGS (thats if the mods change it).

p3tran

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
I thought mods could only do custom tags for members? Anyways, I'll put whatever you like under there if heavenly sword turns out to be graphically worse than NGS (thats if the mods change it).
that was a pretty fast shift of a bet..
now we are talking graphics only?
what about THE GAME? what I said (or meant, take it as you prefer) is that nothing will be able to touch NGS as a whole game.

Kapsama said:
looks great now if they could only do away with that s&m gimp outfit Ryu has on. a traditional ninja cloth outfit would be better.
I must be crazy, but I think Hayabusa has the best ninja costume next to the guy from Shinobi.

Top Bottom