• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new nintendo 2ds xl comes out july 28 $149

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Thanks all for the answers. Sounds lik ethis is what I need. I don't care about Mario at all, so the cheaper system is likely best for me.

I -do- have Xenoblade on my 'wish' list... and don't have a Wii or Wii U.... hrm.

Are wii's cheap nowadays? Do they still play gamecube games? I sold my wii [wish i kept it] when the wii-u came out, then never got a wii u... and I miss being able to play gamecube games. But i seem to remember hearing wiis stopped playing gamecube games? Man, I don't pay attention to nintendo so feel so out of the loop and there are so many products.

but if i rebought a wii, i'm correct in thinking i could play gamecube games and xenoblade? maybe i'll do that. but i also need a 2ds.

garr. money.

When shopping for used Wii's keep an eye on the Wii logo on the front of the console.

If it reads properly when the system is stood vertically, the system contains the hardware necessary for Gamecube backwards compatibility.

If the logo reads properly when the system is situated horizontally, this is the revised hardware with the Gamecube internal tech removed.

Thanks all for the answers. Sounds lik ethis is what I need. I don't care about Mario at all, so the cheaper system is likely best for me.

I -do- have Xenoblade on my 'wish' list... and don't have a Wii or Wii U.... hrm.

Are wii's cheap nowadays? Do they still play gamecube games? I sold my wii [wish i kept it] when the wii-u came out, then never got a wii u... and I miss being able to play gamecube games. But i seem to remember hearing wiis stopped playing gamecube games? Man, I don't pay attention to nintendo so feel so out of the loop and there are so many products.

but if i rebought a wii, i'm correct in thinking i could play gamecube games and xenoblade? maybe i'll do that. but i also need a 2ds.

garr. money.
The Wii Mini doesn't play GameCube games and doesn't have online features.

New 3DS for the faceplates. But the New 2DS XL is great as well if you don't care about 3D support in games (like the Sega 3D Classic Collection titles, the 3D Classics Nintendo line, and of course 3D in most games) and want a more comfortable system (The new3DS isn't uncomfortable at all to me but the New 2DS XL feels nicer due to how big it is)

Since they're about the same cost, I would go with what makes more sense to you. Are you interested in 3D support and does the price difference make much of a difference to you?

No. I have (or had, before it died a few weeks ago) the Majora's Mask New 3DSXL since launch and there isn't a scratch on the screens, and I didn't use a screen protector.
At this point, if I ever do upgrade from my original 2DS, it looks like it will be for the N3DSXL. I really like many of those 3D Classics games ... even though I don't have 3D on my system.

Is there a 3DS system that has trouble running the new Pikmin game, or am I misremembering? On that note, are there any other game-specific concerns with any of these systems? This thread has provided great info, thanks all.

FSLink

Banned
At this point, if I ever do upgrade from my original 2DS, it looks like it will be for the N3DSXL. I really like many of those 3D Classics games ... even though I don't have 3D on my system.

Is there a 3DS system that has trouble running the new Pikmin game, or am I misremembering? On that note, are there any other game-specific concerns with any of these systems? This thread has provided great info, thanks all.

The "new" line will run everything, you're just missing the 3D feature depending if you get the new3DS(XL) or new2DSXL.

VPhys

Just ordered my new 2ds xl.

Any cases/accessories you guys recommend?

Amazon doesn't seem to have that many (at least with lots of reviews) compared to other systems.

kingbean

I'm going to have to get this just to play the new metroid aren't I?

I'm so tired of the DS family.

This will be my 3rd from this generation I'll have bought after trading them in.

Everytime I think I'm out they pull me back in.

Top Bottom