• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anyone else going to go back through their entire collection because of the awesome new 3D? I'm actually looking forward to booting up the likes of Pilotwings Resort and Ridge Racer again.

I went back to Pilotwings and 3D Land. Maybe I'm just more used to the 3D now then I was but I had no problems having them on max strength. First time I could use the pop out 3D in 3D Land.

Look what came in the post today :) Sadly my faceplate hasn't arrived yet, i'll share pictures of that when it does. I ordered the sexy wooden Mario one ;)

UJexcIn.jpg

Cbajd5

Anyone else going to go back through their entire collection because of the awesome new 3D? I'm actually looking forward to booting up the likes of Pilotwings Resort and Ridge Racer again.
I've been waiting to replay Kid Icarus Uprising in order to really try the improved 3D. Don't know if I will replay anything else though.

Memory

Nice OT.

I cancelled my preorder but i'll be picking up a N3DS when Fire Emblem hits the west. Hopfully it will get some great faceplates or a limited edition XL. My current Fire Emblem XL will serve me well until then.

That said I miiiiiight be tempted by a project steam limited edition in May(UK) if it looks good enough.

shuusin

Neo Member
Awesome, one typo though:

Release date: February 13th

Pricing:
New Nintendo 3DS XL $199.99
New Nintendo 3DS XL Majora's Mask 3D Bundle: $199.99
New Nintendo 3DS XL Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Bundle: $129.99

Hattori

Banned
So whos trading in their old systems at gamestop? Whats your attack plan?

asshole manager won't let me take mine home to do the transfer... so I'll be bringing:

- screwdriver set.
- old 3ds xl with 32gb microsd (already copied files over to new card so transfer is easy)
- bootleg a/c adapter from amazon

wonder if I can get a dollar or something for my old 3ds xl charge dock. won't have a need for that now.
Show this to said manager --->http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/11/8021989/gamestop-nintendo-new-3ds-xl

Woo! Seems my best buy MMxl order is on track, but still not shipped. Probably buying my bro's Black/Red XL tomorrow at gamestop and then MHun4 at best buy to save 20 bucks

Ulthwe

Playing MH4U on a black New 3DS since yesterday (Spain here). I had been playing my good ol' launch 3DS a bit last week as a sort of farewell and I really appreciate the new screens slightly bigger sizes.

Two notes which may come in handy:
  • I read somewhere that Ambassador GBA games saves would NOT be transferred, but they where. Yay!
  • I had an "Internet disconnected" error on step 5 (eShop) while doing the transfer (was thethering via my phone and disconnected). Luckily I just had to restart both systems and restarted the whole process, nothing was lost.
To those transferring at the store, update your old 3DS at home and bring a charger for the New one, it comes with just two [--**] of battery. And set both consoles brightness at minimum before starting the transfer. Use the "Partial transfer" option and then download the games at home. It will take around 15 - 20 min.

asshole manager won't let me take mine home to do the transfer... so I'll be bringing:

- screwdriver set.
- old 3ds xl with 32gb microsd (already copied files over to new card so transfer is easy)

wonder if I can get a dollar or something for my old 3ds xl charge dock. won't have a need for that now.

Well I'm wary about that as well, GameStop Germany has a trade-in deal: old 3DS + 3x DS/3DS games = new 3DS for 45€ which is also advertised with huge banners in the store. However when I asked the manager about it he said "Yeah that's correct, depending on the things you trade in you'll get the new 3DS for 45€" at which point I started to pry "I'm sorry but depending on the things I trade in? It says 3 games right there on the banner..." at which point he calmed me "Yeah yeah you'll get your new 3DS on Friday for 45€." I'll see if he stays true to his words :/

As far as the system transfer goes he said "If there's enough time and you won't interrupt the store business you can do it" which is reasonable but I'll wait aslong as necessarily as I have Rune Factory 4 and Animal Crossing digitally which I won't give up and I'll also bring a set of screwdrivers. Hopefully they have a internet connection because else I can see this turning out like a mess really quickly D:

akileese

Well this sucks. My Monster Hunter edition that I did web in store on still isn't being pre-processed which means there is no chance it's here by the weekend even with living in DFW and having one day shipping. Boo.

Same as big screws man. Though small screws are indeed easier to strip...

Most precision screwdriver sets are of the right size though. Youll find them in most electrical sections of a hardware store... or a walmart/target tool area

My whole point is that I have both the 0 and 00 and not really sure which to use, and don't wanna strip the screws. It's not about finding the right size I won't know until I'm actually trying to unscrew it and the last thing I wanna do is break the damn thing one hour out the gate.

My whole point is that I have both the 0 and 00 and not really sure which to use, and don't wanna strip the screws. It's not about finding the right size I won't know until I'm actually trying to unscrew it and the last thing I wanna do is break the damn thing one hour out the gate.

...I give up.

MicH

Great thread! But this picture is sadly inaccurate. Not only does NA not get the non-XL, but we don't even get the blue XL. It's so pretty...
I have the blue (a and it is indeed a beauty!), but I'm a bit jealous that you guys got the red one :p It's so pretty!

We are talking about turning a phillips screw man...

I dont know what else to tell ya. Maybe practice on some other small electronics?

You have any electonic christmas ornaments? Old controllers?

Klotera

If the screwdriver sits all the way in the grooves and stays there while you are turning, it is fine. If it is not properly seated or comes out of the grooves when you start to turn, stop. You'll only strip the screws if you keep trying to turn when it's not seated properly.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Woah, wrong tab. How embarrassing.

Er.... anyone got the wireless SD card functionality working on OS X yet?

Rocky

Banned
If the screwdriver sits all the way in the grooves and stays there while you are turning, it is fine. If it is not properly seated or comes out of the grooves when you start to turn, stop. You'll only strip the screws if you keep trying to turn when it's not seated properly.

The problem is on a lot of devices like this, the screws are in too tightly and it can be hard to to turn at first.

So, is the hype real? Is the 3D really that much better? I was originally going to sit out the new 3DS but now I'm kind of tempted. I have the Link Between Worlds XL boxed that may sell for a hair more than the trade in offer that GS is running.

The problem is on a lot of devices like this, the screws are in too tightly and it can be hard to to turn at first.
That and the screws are really easy to strip due to size.
I really wish they would just went with only a clamp design.
But differences between 0 and 00 are nil. I removed it with 0 just fine.

AsianOni

One thing to note regarding Wi-Fi connections :
Code:
* WPA2-PSK (TKIP) is not supported by the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL

It was apparently also the case for the 2DS.

Debs

Still waiting for Nintendo UK to dispatch mine, get the feeling I'm not going to see it until next week :( Kinda want to cancel and buy somewhere else but I really want that free Skull Kid figure.

- screwdriver set.

Do you have another Gamestop that you can go to? I'm picking mine up tonight at midnight, then completing my transfer while at work tomorrow and getting my price adjustment on the way home.

Ladekabel

Was going to buy one next week. With the shortages I'm not sure if I can do this.

Then I'll probably finally be able to play Kingdom Hearts: 3D with the C-Stick. Tried the demo once on my XL and was confused.

Klotera

True, but it's okay to put some extra force to it as long as the screwdriver stays in the groove. The problem is when it keeps come out and people keep trying to turn. I've been guilty of this and learned my lesson. Usually it is from not using a screwdriver that fits properly. I'd just try both and see which one sits in there more comfortably.

aparisi2274

I picked this up at Home Depot yesterday and tested the 0 size Philips in my current 3DS and it worked fine. This thing is $6 if anyone is looking.

2342e650-86b6-401f-95e2-bb04a35b242f_400.jpg

Jeremy

Mine is still in Payment Validated :( My MM LE is in preparing order. West Coast.

That's good enough for me. I've been worried since they've still had preorders up right before launch. Honestly I'm still waiting to get an email saying it's not going to be shipped or the order is canceled.

18-Volt

Glossy surface. Crappy color options. No colored buttons. I'm really not happy with my red New 3DS XL I'm getting tomorrow. Yet I need the C-stick for my MH4 Ultimate.

HYPE! Got an email from UPS just now saying there's a package coming tomorrow from Gamestop.com. Ordered from their website just after the announcement, paid for 1 day shipping. For everyone worried that Gamestop.com might not make launch day, there you go.

Glossy surface. Crappy color options. No colored buttons. I'm really not happy with my red New 3DS XL I'm getting tomorrow. Yet I need the C-stick for my MH4 Ultimate.
Hopefully the Fire Emblem LE XL is nice.
That will be what makes me upgrade my old XL.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I can't wait to love the 3ds all over again, the less resistant buttons have me the most hyped.

The only problem I'm having with my MM N3DS XL is the damn circle pad.
My thumb wont stay on it long enough without slipping.

Wish they'd put some form of grip on it.

aparisi2274

The only problem I'm having with my MM N3DS XL is the damn circle pad.
My thumb wont stay on it long enough without slipping.

Wish they'd put some form of grip on it.

Really? I was playing MM at Nintendo World for like 45min. Never once did my thumb slide off.

Have you looked into maybe getting some stick-um and applying it to the c stick

WatTsu

Trying to plan out my launch. Not really a big 3D Zelda fan and not sure if Monster Hunter is for me so I've been looking at Ace Combat for its Amiibo support. I know it's a remake, but is it worth checking out? If not I might just rebuy Smash 3DS or just tough it out through Majora's.

Top Bottom