• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Conference (CHRIS REMO SAVES E3: PIKMIN CONFIRMED: Post 1279)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Hold!

If Nintendo announces a ton of games, that's bad. If Nintendo announces few games, that's also bad.

???¿?

no no no. They have to do what they have to do. I am sort of squelching the idea that this is some time for third parties to shine, because they're still doing the same thing... only with significantly fewer core titles.

I think there is still stuff to buy though, so what can you do. E3 sucked for everyone.

Chris Remo said:
As a music degree holder, this is killing me. They're saying five year old love it though. Miyamoto thinks early music education should be based on it.

Isn't everyone in Japan required to play an instrument?

pro_gamer666 said:
Someone should rush the stage grab the mystical "fourth" Wii and scream: "what's in youuuuuu!!!!!".

Then calmly sit down and scream Kid Icarus.

Obviously, it's a trailer DVD containing Pikmin 3, Drill Dozer 2, Kirby Wii, Punch-Out!! Wii, Donkey Kong Country 4, Star Fox Wii, Chibi-Robo! Wii, Elite Beat Agents 2, New Super Mario World, Metroid Dread, Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble 2, Excite Motorsports, Nintendo Detective Club, and Jam with the Band.

nyong

Banned
Ok THIS

7:19 Aaron Rosenbeck comes up to show off the separate drumming mode. Using the buttons and the Nunchuk/Remote and the Wii Balance board, he can control a nine-piece drum set. He's definitely an experienced Wii drummer, effortlessly putting together nice set.

7:20 There will be a lesson structure built in to the game that Miyamoto says can teah anyone how to play the drums "in a few weeks." He hopes we'll get more drummers and a lot more kids interested in music.

sounds promising.

Not lining up the colored tiles...like actually learning to play an instrument.

Frenck

Banned
Wii Music is great. It finally gives me the chance to fulfill my lifelong dream of doing a cover version of Child in Time just with silly dog barks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
J-Rock said:
I'm getting an odd feeling that it will be over after Wii Music.
I don't think so. There are 4 wii's, so there is most likely something in the last one. Ether they are going to show off Wario Land Shake, or something new. Or it could just be there in case one didn't work...

DonDepre

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
Obviously, it's a trailer DVD containing Pikmin 3, Drill Dozer 2, Kirby Wii, Punch-Out!! Wii, Donkey Kong Country 4, Star Fox Wii, and Chibi-Robo! Wii.

Wii can't reproduce DVD :D

kottila

Chris Remo said:
As a music degree holder, this is killing me. They're saying five year old love it though. Miyamoto thinks early music education should be based on it.

The Who is my favorite band of all time btw. I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

WTF! Run like the wind. Why bother with this? In 90 minutes they haven't given you material for more than a paragraph long article

koam

a bit OT but first NHL 2k9 shot for the wii
nhl2k9wii0006.jpg

J-Rock

Banned
Some 5-8 year old children of the development staff came in to try the game. "Children of that age could not pull themselves away from this gam," says Miyamoto.

Ok...now I want this to end. Just end this Nintendo...please...make it stop...it's starting to hurt...

Doorman

A Link to the Snitch said:
Obviously, it's a trailer DVD containing Pikmin 3, Drill Dozer 2, Kirby Wii, Punch-Out!! Wii, Donkey Kong Country 4, Star Fox Wii, and Chibi-Robo! Wii.

D-don't do such things to me! ;_;

The fourth Wii probably contains either the pre-booted drumset demo, or Shaun White Snowboarding.
My hope for E3 has been sufficiently quenched by now. Oh well, at least Wario Land Shake is still awesome.

Chris Remo said:

The Who is my favorite band of all time btw. I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Get the hell out of the Artist Formerly Known as Nintendo's "conference" and go see THE WHO!

Haunted

The drums are the most interesting part of Wii Music for me, by far.

Chris Remo said:
I feel like I should get a "GAF Martyr" tag or something for this.
:lol If you actually stay until the end and miss The Who concert for this, Ami should give you one.

Darklord

Banned
"Among the 50 songs in the game, there will be a variety of public domain songs, but also a variety of popular licensed music."

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
devilhawk said:
And the 4th Wii had Wii Music in it, for the drums. There will be no 4th Wii magic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mashing

They should just rename it to Wii Music Training and put the Brain Training guy in the damn game or something.

Obviously this "game" falls under the same category as Brain Training does.

seat

Haunted One said:
The drums are the most interesting part of Wii Music for me, by far.
Hm, so perhaps there will be some redeeming quality to this game? If it really teaches you how to drum, and not fake-teach, then I'll hold my judgment until we get more impressions.

Still though, for the time being this looks to be the least impressive game in the "Wii___" lineup, and that's really saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom