• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Conference (CHRIS REMO SAVES E3: PIKMIN CONFIRMED: Post 1279)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pn18

Banned
Chris Remo said:
I feel like I should get a "GAF Martyr" tag or something for this.
Dude, you're just plain fucking stupid. You could see The Who now, but no, you prefer this shit over one of the greatest bands ever. It's probably your last chance to see them live.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
E3 sucked for everyone.

I knew this going in. I was expecting a Kid Icarus revival on the Wii, or some core game from Retro, and didn't care when I didn't see them (trash series and meh developer).

The one game I was looking forward to seeing more of was Beyond Good & Evil 2. Not a damn thing happened.

koam

Someone has the temerity to ask if this is really more of a musical toy than a game. HOW DARE HE! Miyamoto says the questioner is right, and "that's why it's more interesting than a video game." The audience laughs and applauds at this verbal bitchslap.

Darklord

Banned
The next question is, "Is there a goal?" And if there isn't one, wouldn't it be better considered a toy?

"Yes," Miyamoto said. "That's right. And that's why it's more interesting than a video game." The crowd applauds.

Haunted

Chris is a true GAF Hero.

seat said:
Still though, for the time being this looks to be the least impressive game in the "Wii___" lineup, and that's really saying something.
You clearly haven't played Wii Chess. :lol

7:29 Someone has the temerity to ask if this is really more of a musical toy than a game. HOW DARE HE! Miyamoto says the questioner is right, and "that's why it's more interesting than a video game." The audience laughs and applauds at this verbal bitchslap.
:lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
AniHawk said:
I knew this going in. I was expecting a Kid Icarus revival on the Wii, or some core game from Retro, and didn't care when I didn't see them (trash series and meh developer).

The one game I was looking forward to seeing more of was Beyond Good & Evil 2. Not a damn thing happened.

.. what.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
seat said:
Hm, so perhaps there will be some redeeming quality to this game? If it really teaches you how to drum, and not fake-teach, then I'll hold my judgment until we get more impressions.
Rock Band 2 teaches you the drums too and it has a video game included with the drum tutor.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Haunted One said:
The drums are the most interesting part of Wii Music for me, by far.

:lol If you actually stay until the end and miss The Who concert for this, Ami should give you one.

The drum bit is slightly interesting, until you find out the control method ...

... at which point interest stops.

NeoZylom

7:29 Someone has the temerity to ask if this is really more of a musical toy than a game. HOW DARE HE! Miyamoto says the questioner is right, and "that's why it's more interesting than a video game." The audience laughs and applauds at this verbal bitchslap.

LOL:lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Darklord said:
The next question is, "Is there a goal?" And if there isn't one, wouldn't it be better considered a toy?

"Yes," Miyamoto said. "That's right. And that's why it's more interesting than a video game." The crowd applauds.

WTF?

Fixed. U bolded the wrong part.

I wanted WiiMusic when it was first demoed as a game to conduct orchestras. Since SMG, I've wanted to import that soundtrack and play them. If WiiMusic still does that, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'll hold off for a while.

Known purchases for the rest of the year:
-Wario Land
-Kirby Super Star
Still deciding on Animal Crossing. I love AC. But if it is still the same as the DS, I'm happy with the DS. But we'll see how things play out.

JaMarco

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Staff from Wave Race 64 are working on the waterskiing game from Wii Sports Resort. Yeguchi was the director of that game. The team is going to create a game that "surpasses Wave Race," according to Yeguchi. Bold words.

J-Rock

Banned
Darklord said:

What the hell is going on in there? Have they released some sort of mind numbing gas?

koam

Staff from Wave Race 64 are working on the waterskiing game from Wii Sports Resort. Yeguchi was the director of that game. The team is going to create a game that "surpasses Wave Race," according to Yeguchi.

Azuran

Banned

Miyamoto has officially lost it.

gdt

Well, at least well see the Flaming Lips play some Who songs on VH1 tommorow!

Thats better than seeing the Who!

I love Nintendo, and think there the best developer, but judging by E3 so far, I cant believe your not at the Who concert. They dont got much left in them, you know!

Edit: Obviously directed at Chris Remo.

Jaruru

koam said:
Staff from Wave Race 64 are working on the waterskiing game from Wii Sports Resort. Yeguchi was the director of that game. The team is going to create a game that "surpasses Wave Race," according to Yeguchi.

WOW

rakka

Case said:
sigh

rezuth

7:31 Staff from Wave Race 64 are working on the waterskiing game from Wii Sports Resort. Yeguchi was the director of that game. The team is going to create a game that "surpasses Wave Race," according to Yeguchi. Miyamoto adds that it will "exceed Wave Race in depth." Bold words.

They just won E3

DonDepre

Banned
I think that we should stop considering Nintendo as a console videogame developer, and start considering it as electronic interactive entertaintment developer.

Darklord said:

Pretty deep.

Case said:

why are people surprised? guess what? videogames... are toys.

Teknoman

koam said:

Its on now!

Wizpig

What in jesus christs holy name.

Salmonax

seat said:
Hm, so perhaps there will be some redeeming quality to this game? If it really teaches you how to drum, and not fake-teach, then I'll hold my judgment until we get more impressions.
Considering that you just press buttons to select the different drums, I can't imagine it being at all helpful in actually learning how to play. It's just learning how to flail in time.

Music games get a bad rap for the fake instruments, but Rock Band's drums seem far closer to reality than Wii Music could ever get.

Doorman

....it's Wii Sports. Isn't it, by design, simplistic versions of popular activities?

I'm curious now as to what their definition of "exceed" is in terms of game depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom