• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Conference (CHRIS REMO SAVES E3: PIKMIN CONFIRMED: Post 1279)

Status
Not open for further replies.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Grecco said:
Yeah it will sell well in Japan. Everywhere else....

It will sell well here too(US), you are kidding yourself if you dont think so. Remember GAF does not= what the general gaming buying public buys, never has been.

DonDepre

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:
WHAT NOW BITCHES

SELL YOUR WIIS,, I WILL THINK ABOUT YOU WHEN PLAYING PIKMIN 3

Wow!!!! Announcied (and only because they were asked specificly about that game) that Pikmin 3 is in development, without any other information, new features, or when it will be released, and that's a megaton.

That shows the level of crappiness of all the Nintendo conference.

Foil

Awesome. Bravo Remo. Pikmin is going to be great. :D

MisterHero said:
Also @ the person who quoted me earlier

I know they were talking about WiiSports Resort but I just wanted to believe that the Jetski part might be as fun (as much as a standard fair-weather WR level at least). :lol

Even if it's fun, we still want/need a full blown real WR sequel. Online play, better visuals than the GCN version, improved handling, better controls, and a few extra course on top of what BS had. Sadly, I'm thinking that won't happen until maybe their next console. If they think Wave Race fans will be satisfied with that as our "wave race" for Wii they've got another thing coming.

So awesome that you asked the question, although I still put the odds of seeing Pikmin this year pretty low. Still, at least its a crumb.

More importantly though, at least you showed some balls and pressed Nintendo on something.

careful

Uhhhh... Nobody finds it a bit weird that Pikmin 3 is announced from a random Q&A question? WTF. What if Chris Remo hadn't asked the question?

Just seems to me like Miyamoto went "Fuck it. These geeks & otakus won't leave us alone with the hardcore games questions. I'll just shut them up with a random Pikmin announcement. We were thinking of doing it anyways.."

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, they wouldn't have even mentioned Pikmin unless someone asked the question. Bless you, Chris Remo.

Y2Kev said:
Is there any like....info?

Yeah, I want to know this. All we know is that Pikman is coming. For all the hell people are giving GoW3 or other games with CG trailer or something, this is just a "yes" to a question and people are going crazy. That said, this is now probably the Nintendo game to be looking forward to from now on.

Wizpig

TwinIonEngines said:
:lol :lol :lol

So this is what post-traumatic stress syndrome looks like in action.
:lol

No, seriously, we need to know so many things and only CHRIS REMO [capslock'd because he's cool] can ask them.

Is Wii Sports 2 online? :(

omg rite said:
... No, they namedropped it because someone asked.

Chris asked what they were working on for core gamers. They had to give him something (well Reggie would have told him to play Animal Crossing). Chris is awesome man, he's the only person to get ANYTHING out of Nintendo at E3 this year. I'm excited. I'm just saying they clearly didn't plan on showing Pikmin 3 and if not for the media (Chris included) being so upset with their abysmal showing this year, they would not have mentioned it.

Verano said:
it's just pikmin guys nothing to get excited about. If Zelda was mentioned then it's a MEGATON!!!11!
Just Pikmin? JUST PIKMIN?!??!! Blasphemy!

Footage or pics would have me excited, though. We knew it was coming. Weak.

Linkzg said:
Yeah, I want to know this. All we know is that Pikman is coming. For all the hell people are giving GoW3 or other games with CG trailer or something, this is just a "yes" to a question and people are going crazy. That said, this is now probably the Nintendo game to be looking forward to from now on.
I was thinking the same thing, how the GoW3 thing is very similar (a game everyone knows is coming and nothing but a tease is shown), and everyone gave Sony shit (rightfully so I think).

I think some people just wanted a crumb so they can say "SEE, THEY STILL CARE" and trumpet this around for the next 9 months as an example that the Wii is all they need.

mr.beers

Haunted One said:
(neutral) Chris Remo
Conference saviour
(Today, 04:33 AM)
Reply | Quote

(neutral) Chris Remo
made Miyamoto show his Pikmins
Reply | Quote

(neutral) Chris Remo
a true GAF Hero
Reply | Quote

(neutral) Chris Remo
BRINGING THE MEGATONZ
Reply | Quote

WIN!

legend166

GitarooMan said:
I was thinking the same thing, how the GoW3 thing is very similar (a game everyone knows is coming and nothing but a tease is shown), and everyone gave Sony shit (rightfully so I think).

I think some people just wanted a crumb so they can say "SEE, THEY STILL CARE" and trumpet this around for the next 9 months as an example that the Wii is all they need.

GoW sucks and Pikmin doesn't, is the obvious answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom