• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Conference (CHRIS REMO SAVES E3: PIKMIN CONFIRMED: Post 1279)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserbeam

Banned
Miyamoto I think finally got the idea from people. hes been interviewed alot since the conference with the same what the fuck is going on questions.

He and others dodged Pikmin questions etc he finally caved in

The Hermit

I can´t believe Gaf actually made a diference...

Congratulation guys, I think if it weren´t for us Chris Remo would´ve left the conference!

Chris R

Linkhero1 said:
Probably because they don't have anything to show?

All we know now is that Pikmin is 100% confirmed coming to the Wii. Nintendo doesn't talk about games unless they have them in some sort of form visually or playable.
All they would have had to do is throw a mockup title screen into some game montage and their conference would have easily been 100x better than the crap they had. Not even any gameplay, cg, music, anything. JUST THE TITLE and they would have had the hardcore gamers not freaking out.;

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Wait, there's more...

"We're making Pikmin... we started last Tuesday."

nyong

Banned
I wonder if there's a video of the conference floating around somewhere. It would make a great addition to the epic E3 moments thread.

Linkhero1

rhfb said:
All they would have had to do is throw a mockup title screen into some game montage and their conference would have easily been 100x better than the crap they had. Not even any gameplay, cg, music, anything. JUST THE TITLE and they would have had the hardcore gamers not freaking out.;
I don't remember them ever doing that with a first party console game. I don't know really.

GMB

Banned
laserbeam said:
Miyamoto I think finally got the idea from people. hes been interviewed alot since the conference with the same what the fuck is going on questions.

He and others dodged Pikmin questions etc he finally caved in

http://wii.ign.com/articles/891/891395p1.html said:
He hinted earlier that a new Pikmin could be on the way – both in previous conferences and in our recent interview with him

Old. :(

boiled goose

good with gravy
careful said:
Uhhhh... Nobody finds it a bit weird that Pikmin 3 is announced from a random Q&A question? WTF. What if Chris Remo hadn't asked the question?

Just seems to me like Miyamoto went "Fuck it. These geeks & otakus won't leave us alone with the hardcore games questions. I'll just shut them up with a random Pikmin announcement. We were thinking of doing it anyways.."

I think miyamoto felt a little bad for hardcore nintendo fans... they really showed nothing new at the conference and like you said... just said fuck it and confirmed pikmin 3...

The new policy about not announcing games till they are ready is almost harder on fans than delays.... it must also be very hard for people like miyamoto who probably want to get people exited about all games being made at nintendo... but policy is policy...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Miyamoto on Tuesday:

"There isn't anything that we can announce right now, but I'm sure we'll probably do something with it," Miyamoto said of a Wii Pikmin sequel. "The Pikmin team is, of course, still there and maybe we'll have something to talk about before too long." We like the sound of that."

GAF whining commences

Miyamoto on Wednesday:

"We're making Pikmin."

GAF explodes.

Maybe we need subtlety training. btw pikmin is real, believe.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hmmm... He just said they were making Pikmin, never that they're making a new Pikmin game. Maybe they've started genetically engineering real Pikmin in preparation for their world takeover. And you guys are cheering it on.

Somnid

Case said:
didnt they both sell over a million?

Worldwide they probably did. In the US it was about 700k for Pikmin 1 and 400k for Pikmin 2. They don't quite perform as high as Metroid if that's any indicator and interest after GCN launch was weaker despite the game being significantly better.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
35053js.jpg

A bit late, but gotta give thanks.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
"We're making Pikmin" and then what?

Is that ALL?

I like Pikmin, but.. Hmm.

Thanks though, Chris Remo. Good job.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I just hope to hell Pikmin 3 is not getting the same level of effort as AC:CF. (assuming its not for DS).

it's funny how we find out that a new Halo game is in the works and it gets brushed aside somewhat....but we hear about a new Pikmin and it it's...PIKMIN 3 OMGZ.....
thank god Wii gets some games is the impression I get from it

MisterHero

MikeE21286 said:
it's funny how we find out that a new Halo game is in the works and it gets brushed aside somewhat....but we hear about a new Pikmin and it it's...PIKMIN 3 OMGZ.....
its cuz haloz 4 could be another shooter and pikmin 3 could be another wacky miyamoto golden brainpoop

MikeE21286 said:
Dude. It's Pikmin.

JavyOO7

Smiles and Cries said:
remember guys get him The Who tickets

I never played Pikmin 2 so hmmm

You should try out Pikmin 2. Get it used or whatever. Tremendous game. Though I kinda preferred they had stuck with the time limit but oh well.

This E3 is thumbs in the middle for me. It's been over twenty years since Nintendo last made a wrestling game in house. Smackdown vs RAW is horse shit. I have been playing No Mercy 64 for a damn long time now. Fire Pro Wrestling is still with me, but it seems like Spike is moving onto the King of Colosseum series. So the wrestling gamer is left with Smackdown vs RAW... jesus shit.

How hard is it to get a team of 30 people and release a wrestling game for Wii Ware? Earthbound has a better chance of getting translated and released here in the states than Nintendo making another wrestling game. Fuckers they are.

MisterHero

JavyOO7 said:
You should try out Pikmin 2. Get it used or whatever. Tremendous game. Though I kinda preferred they had stuck with the time limit but oh well.

This E3 is thumbs in the middle for me. It's been over twenty years since Nintendo last made a wrestling game in house. Smackdown vs RAW is horse shit. I have been playing No Mercy 64 for a damn long time now. Fire Pro Wrestling is still with me, but it seems like Spike is moving onto the King of Colosseum series. So the wrestling gamer is left with Smackdown vs RAW... jesus shit.

How hard is it to get a team of 30 people and release a wrestling game for Wii Ware? Earthbound has a better chance of getting translated and released here in the states than Nintendo making another wrestling game. Fuckers they are.
what did you think about the Day of Reckoning series? I didn't like SDvR either and I really liked how engaged DoR's controls were compared to it.

MikeE21286 said:

because it's freakin Halo, there's not much you can do to change Halo up. It's an FPS, there's shooting, jumping, online... On the other hand Pikmin is a unique game that could be changed in a number of ways. And the impression I get of your comment is
why is a stupid Nintendo game getting more attention than our the Halo?

Amir0x said:
Well all I wanted from Nintendo E3 was Pikmin 3, so this is close enough :p
The upcoming German convention might be a good place to show off some pikmins. Now that they've clearly established their Wii Music/Sports games Pikmin Wii will be clear for showcasing.

MikeE21286 said:

Maybe it's because there hasn't been a sequel to Pikmin in close to 4 years, even though a lot of people have asked for it, and Halo has already had it's sequel and will get 2-3 more games in the next 2 years

Mamesj

Banned
Pikmin 3 will probably just be like Pikmin 2, which was pretty much just more of Pikmin 1. Not meant to be a sick burn, but I guess I'm trying to bring logic into this thread by saying Pikmin isn't enough to sa...fuck it

NINTENDO BEATS ME BECAUSE HE LOVES ME. SEE? HE'S LOVING ME RIGHT NOW.

laserbeam

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:
Maybe it's because there hasn't been a sequel to Pikmin in close to 4 years and Halo has already had it's sequel and will get 2-3 more games in the next 2 years

Bingo Halo is moving into the majorly milked category in faster time then most franchise

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Making Pikmin? What? Pikmin 3? A Pikmin-port for DS? Low-budget Pikmin Wiiware game? Just keeping my expectations in check here...

MisterHero

also guys you should try Battalion Wars. It kinda plays like Pikmin except you can control anyone of your units directly and use vehicles, 3rd-person rather than birds-eye, etc.

Y2Kev said:
Miyamoto on Tuesday:

"There isn't anything that we can announce right now, but I'm sure we'll probably do something with it," Miyamoto said of a Wii Pikmin sequel. "The Pikmin team is, of course, still there and maybe we'll have something to talk about before too long." We like the sound of that."

GAF whining commences

Miyamoto on Wednesday:

"We're making Pikmin."

GAF explodes.

Maybe we need subtlety training. btw pikmin is real, believe.

yep going by that you can say Zelda and Mario are coming too :D

its not like we did not know about Pikmin 3 last week or months ago these fans just want to hear and see it to stay happy :lol

would not mind hearing Pilotwings said a few times myself but thats what I want to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom