• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

DNAbro

Its not patience for me. This thing comes out in March, MARCH! ITS SO SOON!

But I need to know a PRICE!! Thats the important thing. I have limited money and I need to know how much I need to save because I MUST BUY THIS DAY ONE!!!

HOWEVER...You may be just asking "well why not stop buying stuff?" The problem is I CAN'T!!!! I see somethibg and I buy it, even now theres the new PSN Indie sale where I want 3 games that equal $20. I need to resist, but with no news about this mythical make believe system its hard not to say fuck it and biy other things.

BUT I CAN'T BUY OTHER THINGS!!!!! IF I DO I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GET NX DAY ONE BUT I HAVE TOO BECAUSE ITS A NINTENDO SYSTEM!!!!!!

BUT I CAN'T SAVE MY MONEY BECAUSE I'M WEAK!!!!!!!

Nintendo literally has me in tears because I can't save money for this supposed system. I don't even have the will to captilize letters anymore. :(

So tired of this. Just need a price, fuck the launch lineup just give me a price. I need to spend money now damnit. :(

#1stworldproblemsbutohsoseriousproblems:(

Is this a parody post?

Kyzer

Banned
Nintendo is really testing us by still supporting this system that millions of people still play and there are still major unreleased titles for. If they don't finally reveal their next system that Ive read leaks about then they will have shot themselves in the foot, because I am very curious about it and my patience is wearing thin.

I guess you are right, I'll be hyped to all hell when it finally arrives just like someone who's fine with Nintendo's silence. However that doesn't change the fact that so many people here and on other gaming sites are frustrated with legitimate reasons for being so. We need to let people be frustrated because saying "just be patient" only makes things worse.

people can be frustrated but being impatient is not actually a legitimate reason lol

Wanderer5

We haven't even entered into Sept yet. If that rumor is true, then we still have a month ahead for it to be revealed. Looks like the CEO of Nintendo Canada commented that they will talk about the NX in the Fall, and Fall doesn't begin till the 23rd of Sept, so possibly late Sept or Oct for the reveal.

Vibranium

Banned
I would love to see The Great Ace Attorney localized but it won't happen because Capcom won't throw their fans a bone even though AA6 has been finished. Janet Hsu and her team could easily get it done before the next Ace Attorney mainline release. I'm still mad, lol.

Detective Pikachu would be cool.

watershed

Banned
Any surprise predictions? I think 1 last big AAA 3ds game will be announced. Something 1st party from a major IP. It's gonna be the 3ds swan song game.

Wensih

people can be frustrated but being impatient is not actually a legitimate reason lol

Ehhhh.... I don't know if I would say impatience is not a reason to be frustrated now, or really even call it impatience. Nintendo has already missed the deadline they set to reveal the console last year, and they have a time frame that is narrowing by the day for revealing the console, if they're still targeting their projected release date.

A hyperbolic analogy but it's like a doctor telling someone they'll have the medical tests on monday and it's now friday.

Plum

I've gone over the reasons. People are impatient but it's justified impatience, Nintendo has the ability to so easily quench people's thirst for the NX by just saying "we will reveal it sometime around this date" yet they're not doing so. We've known about the NX for around 2 years now, and not just through rumors but from the company themselves yet still Nintendo doesn't seem to be ready or willing to show us anything about it.

something something growing up

Was wondering when someone was going to call me a child.

Dystify

I don't really wanna bring the NX speculation to this thread, but a guy who leaked several things about Nintendo before recently said the NX reveal would be around September 20th. Even without insider knowledge this seems like a good bet at this point, as a reveal before Tokyo Game Show (starts September 15th) seems more and more unlikely due to no reveal date announcement yet.

Ehhhh.... I don't know if I would say impatience is not a reason to be frustrated now, or really even call it impatience. Nintendo has already missed the deadline they set to reveal the console last year, and they have a time frame that is narrowing by the day for revealing the console, if they're still targeting their projected release date.

A hyperbolic analogy but it's like a doctor telling someone they'll have the medical tests on monday and it's now friday.
What deadline did they miss last year? As soon as Iwata announced the NX early last year he said they wouldn't talk about NX until 2016.

Wensih

What deadline did they miss last year? As soon as Iwata announced the NX early last year he said they wouldn't talk about NX until 2016.

2015 they said that it would have more news E3 2016. They missed that deadline.

Edit: Rewatched the 2015 E3 direct. Reggie says we'll reveal more in 2016, not E3 2016. My mistake.

SuperSah

Banned
My source just contacted me, apparently these will be in the direct:

Super Mario Galaxy 3D with free copies of 1/2 3D
NX delay till Christmas 2017
No NX reveal until March 2017 (suckers)
Nintendo Kart
Pikmin 4 cancelled
Wii U cancelled
Free Wii Us with every Happy Meal purchase
Only 10 physical copies of DQVII
DQVIII Summer 2017

My source is very very real. He leaked the legit NX controller, so sorry to ruin your hopes guys. RIP Nintendo.

AdanVC

Nintendo Kart
Pikmin 4 cancelled
Wii U cancelled
DQVIII Summer 2017

My source is very very real. He leaked the legit NX controller, so sorry to ruin your hopes guys. RIP Nintendo.

The future of Nintendo looks promising i can't wait.

Mentok

Banned
I think people are more upset by the wasted potential of the direct and disappointed (again) by the fact that it's now September, the rumored month of the NX reveal, and the first Nintendo news we hear is the company clarifying that their new console (and games) are not going to be revealed yet again.

It's cool that we'll see a new pokemon or two, but nothing noteworthy will be announced because they're not going to announce a new game, outside of localizations or virtual titles, this late in the life cycle. Almost all development effort is being placed on the NX.

They've already done fairly heavy Pokemon and Dragon Quest coverage, so while it's not a bad thing to show off again, it's certainly not something to get excited over at this point.

I get that, but the only thing they could give us is an announcement date, which they obviously aren't ready to do just yet. I mean I think it would be worse if they said a date to reveal and then delayed that.

Plum

Nintendo Kart
Pikmin 4 cancelled
Wii U cancelled
DQVIII Summer 2017

I'd be fine with this for Nintendo Kart alone.

Nintendo Kart
Pikmin 4 cancelled
Wii U cancelled
DQVIII Summer 2017

The funny thing is like 3 of those are gonna end up being real anyway.

ggx2ac

Maybe people are being way too pessimistic about the NX, but the line of reasoning that the NX can't be delayed because that would be illegal is really strange.

-snip-

I don't think the investors could sue you for that...

If there is a delay, we would know before or at the October 26/27 financial results/investors meeting because they would have to change their forecasts since it is currently set as having revenue and units shipped for the NX although they haven't disclosed the exact amount.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Cool! 3DS has been on fire this year an honestly this should be its second Direct but this'll still do! Gonna be good to see what they an prolly 3rd parties have in store!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is this a parody post?

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt it since she usually is like this in other threads in the past.

Lmao I can't wait. You already know there will be unhappy people when the NX reveals no matter what.

Of course, people are going to be not happy about something every single time when it comes down to almost everything that are involved with hype culture.

Kinsei

Banned
Well this will be a pretty boring Direct. Hyrule Warriors DLC can be the only "new" thing they show. Sure it will be nice to finally know if we're getting DQVIII this year (I'm guessing it will be January/February 2017) and possibly a localization date for stuff like Lady layton but those aren't really enough to carry a Direct.

I reallly hope it ends with a date for the NX reveal. Sure they say it won't, but Directs that they say will be about "X" time frame always announce games from "Y" time frame.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well this will be a pretty boring Direct. Hyrule Warriors DLC can be the only "new" thing they show. Sure it will be nice to finally know if we're getting DQVIII this year (I'm guessing it will be January/February 2017) and possibly a localization date for stuff like Lady layton but those aren't really enough to carry a Direct.

I reallly hope it ends with a date for the NX reveal. Sure they say it won't, but Directs that they say will be about "X" time frame always announce games from "Y" time frame.

If we get Pokemon news and Hyrule Warrior DLC character trailer then it's already good for me.

Yukinari

Might be the first time ever where im finally thinking to myself, "nah im not gonna watch this direct live".

Thats how low Nintendo has set my expectations these days.

25 pages in and not a single hype gif like in the good old pre-direct threads :( Look what have you done, Nintendo.
bOB5uH.gif

for outside chance of the NX reveal date at the end.

SuperSah

Banned
Might be the first time ever where im finally thinking to myself, "nah im not gonna watch this direct live".

Thats how low Nintendo has set my expectations these days.

Yeah, I have 0 hype for this. I'll just go and see the threads which are made, no real reason to tune in personally.

Dee Dee

If they don't announce the NX reveal date in this, we're either not getting it anytime soon or Nintendo is very stupid.

whynotboth.gif

I always suspects most NX stans haven't owned a Nintendo console since the original Game Boy because they are "gimmicky" and for "casuals", except Metroid Prime of course, which is why all hell will break loose once Nintendo announce the gimmicky thing with a casual target group and NO METROID PRIME, like, who would have fucking expected that after years of baseless rumours and dumb speculation!?

Anyway, they will move NX release to Christmas 2018, and people will keep sheepishly telling others to "wait for NX" instead of buying a 5 dollar 2DS to play Pokemon (which will always be the same game, on handheld, and horribly optimized and have new garbage Pokemon that are not from Gen 1), and they will eventually reveal that it's kinda like an Apple Watch that plays Mario Endless Runner, but you have to buy an add-on if you want it to display the time too.

*rantover*

Now give me Detective Pikachu and more Picross on a console that is actually out.

Top Bottom