• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NSMBU+NSLU Wii U Bundle incoming (?)

NateDrake

It is in the ad, Follow the link

I did. The story is obviously wrong. It *may* be a NSMB U bundle, but it doesn't include Luigi U like the story implies -- since it is advertising Luigi U right next to it for $30. The ad itself doesn't say much of anything except have an image of NSMBU on top of a Wii U.

WatTsu

I did. The story is obviously wrong. It *may* be a NSMB U bundle, but it doesn't include Luigi U like the story implies -- since it is advertising Luigi U right next to it for $30. The ad itself doesn't say much of anything except have an image of NSMBU on top of a Wii U.

...buuuut on the disc case in the Wii U shot Luigi U looks like it's bundled.

They can sell a game separately for people who already have the Wii U, after all.

Awesome bundle. NSMBU is the best 2D Mario since Super Mario World, and Super Luigi takes that template and makes it even crazier. Between this and Wind Waker, nobody can go wrong getting a Wii U this holiday.

NateDrake

...buuuut on the disc case in the Wii U shot Luigi U looks like it's bundled.

They can sell a game separately for people who already have the Wii U, after all.

Didn't notice that on the NSMB U casing. Still, that ad is poorly designed to advertise a bundle.

It literally says "+ Super Luigi U" on the box, and it's titled "Mario & Luigi Premium Pack" on the front.

Raw64life

If these come with physical discs I will buy one immediately. I don't understand what's taking Nintendo so long to confirm or deny this bundle for the US.

Yanikun

Banned
Of all the times to not have money, it had to be this year.

But anyway, employers will call me any day now.

Any day.

Pretty sweet bundle if real. I honestly never thought I'd say this, but WiiU is looking like the top contender for me this holiday. Even with the other consoles in the picture.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
does this point to a possible NA release of NSMBWU and the Luigi expansion on one disc just by itself? Or this is just a disc for the European market?

Did you conveniently miss the posts 4 minutes before you posted this?

Yes, because this board doesn't update in real time. I put in my last response, saw your earlier post and replied to it while doing stuff in other tabs. Your post came after that. I wouldn't have seen it unless I randomly went back and hit refresh.

Anyone picking up this bundle now that it is out?

I couldn't fight the urge anymore so I I bought one on Saturday and have been having a lot of fun playing NSMBU. Incredibly stoked for 3DWorld in a few weeks. I know the system is struggling but really if all I ever play on it is NSMBU/NSLU, SM3D, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong TF, Bayonetta 2. Wonderful101, Earthbound, Castlevania IV and MK8 then I think I got my money's worth. Anything besides that is just a nice bonus.

I couldn't fight the urge anymore so I I bought one on Saturday and have been having a lot of fun playing NSMBU. Incredibly stoked for 3DWorld in a few weeks. I know the system is struggling but really if all I ever play on it is NSMBU/NSLU, SM3D, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong TF, Bayonetta 2. Wonderful101, Earthbound, Castlevania IV and MK8 then I think I got my money's worth. Anything besides that is just a nice bonus.
Like every Nintendo console there'll be about a dozen amazing games by the end of the system's lifespan with a smattering of some good B-tier offerings as well. I think that's more than fine.

Bought it on Friday. I've dabbled with NSMBU, but I've really gotten a kick out of play Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Gamepad screen. My girlfriend thinks I'm a giant nerd for doing so, however.

Bought it on Friday. I've dabbled with NSMBU, but I've really gotten a kick out of play Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Gamepad screen. My girlfriend thinks I'm a giant nerd for doing so, however.

You can play super mario galaxy 2 on the gamepad? Without having to use the wiimote? If so this might be enough to make me buy a wiiu, I really hate the wiimote and would to play wii games with real controls. If I am reading your post right, can all wii games be played on the gamepad without the motion controls?

Goodlife

You can play super mario galaxy 2 on the gamepad? Without having to use the wiimote? If so this might be enough to make me buy a wiiu, I really hate the wiimote and would to play wii games with real controls. If I am reading your post right, can all wii games be played on the gamepad without the motion controls?

Negative.

Have to use the Wiimote.

I apologize for not elaborating further: you will in fact need to continue using the remotes and nunchuks. The last system update simply made it possible to output the Wii image to the gamepad screen.

Yes Boss!

Gamepad and Wiimote and Nunchuck controls (like a little TV). And those are the real controls for Galaxy.

You fellas that bought the bundle, what are these so called "Bonus Videos"? Thanks in advance.

They have stuff like tips on how to get extra lives in levels and complete the challenges. They are basically like the videos you could purchase with the big coins in NSMB Wii I think. I haven't actually watched any though because I don't want to be spoiled, but I have seen the titles of them

Negative.

Have to use the Wiimote.

I apologize for not elaborating further: you will in fact need to continue using the remotes and nunchuks. The last system update simply made it possible to output the Wii image to the gamepad screen.

Gamepad and Wiimote and Nunchuck controls (like a little TV). And those are the real controls for Galaxy.

Ahh, okay never mind. I could never stand the wiimote controls so it would have been huge for me if I could play every wii game I wanna play with the gamepad. Oh well.

Top Bottom