• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NSMBU+NSLU Wii U Bundle incoming (?)

VARIA

I will possibly get this if there's a good Black Friday deal.

I need to own a physical copy of LoZ.

Lumyst

Still think Wii Party U should be in a bundle if they're still going after that expanded audience (complete with party game montage commercial), but this bundle is a great traditonal gaming bundle for those attracted to Nintendo games.

Don't hold your breath. Remember, Reggie says White hardware doesn't sell in America. When they pulled the Basic bundle, I'll bet he got on the phone to Japan and said "Told ya so" lol.
vg.consoles.01.lg.jpg

uh-huh.

Regiruler

If this is true, that actually makes me curious: so far, all of the new bundles have been Wii U + Game + Extra (Hyrule Historia in Wind Waker's case and NSLU in this case). The nintendoland bundle is just the game and is (admittedly) a less strong sell of a game. I'm thinking they might put something in extra: not immediately of course, but the question remains "what", IF they decide to make the nintendoland bundle stronger.

EDIT: Unless they are both limited deals.

Metallix87

If this is true, that actually makes me curious: so far, all of the new bundles have been Wii U + Game + Extra (Hyrule Historia in Wind Waker's case and NSLU in this case). The nintendoland bundle is just the game and is (admittedly) a less strong sell of a game. I'm thinking they might put something in extra: not immediately of course, but the question remains "what", IF they decide to make the nintendoland bundle stronger.

If they want to make it stronger, they should toss in Game & Wario. Nobody wants to buy that game separately.

Joei

Nice bundle and should definitely help sell some systems. I think I'm still going to get the Zelda bundle first though.

That said, I'm very interested to see how Nintendo does this holiday season. With a Mario and Zelda bundle on the shelves, that should definitely help sell some systems.

EDIT - And a Lego City Bundle...? Potentially 4 different options for buyers? Wow.

ccbfan

EDIT: Unless they are both limited deals.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even make the Nintendoland bundle anymore and currently just selling off remaining stock. Considering the horrendous sales they probably have a couple million around in storage.

Deals pretty good though (if 299), still haven't hit my sweet spot yet, 250 plus a game I want, but I wouldn't be surprise if some retailer had a $50 gift card bonus with it during the Holidays.

Nice bundle and should definitely help sell some systems. I think I'm still going to get the Zelda bundle first though.

That said, I'm very interested to see how Nintendo does this holiday season. With a Mario and Zelda bundle on the shelves, that should definitely help sell some systems.

EDIT - And a Lego City Bundle...? Potentially 4 different options for buyers? Wow.

That Lego City Bundles sounds interesting enough, the game is supposedly pretty good right? That way i could STILL grab my physical NSMBU+ LU versions later...

AniHawk

that would be a very good bundle at $299.99 (i don't see it being more than that- there's really no point to it).

hell, i'd get it if i wasn't already locked in for tww hd.

Yea sure everybody in the world played WW 10 years ago, 22 mil GC sold what a massive selling beast of a system, WW the lowest selling console Zelda game yea everybody played it.
so here is the massive successfully WiiU for al the kids that couldn't buy it then. Seems reasonable.... ;)

WW will easily sell 10 million moreeeez!

Cool. Label it the "good times" bundle and switch it's color to white.

WiiU Party Bundle :
-$350
-32GB White WiiU
-Nintendo Land + Game & Wario + Wii Party U.
-WiiMotion+ and Nunchuck (Or Two WiiMotion+)

Comes with complementary Cup Holders for those "intense gaming moments."

I'd buy it.

Metallix87

What what these bonus videos will be about.

If I had to guess, maybe the E3 trailers for Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Super Smash Bros. U, Pikmin 3, and Mario Kart 8. Have all six on the system right away so kids can watch and get hyped and desire those games.

Sendou

If I had to guess, maybe the E3 trailers for Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Super Smash Bros. U, Pikmin 3, and Mario Kart 8. Have all six on the system right away so kids can watch and get hyped and desire those games.

This line of thinking is so obsolete when we have YouTube and such means. Same goes with pre-installed demos.

A shame that the mario bundle is not red like the Wii version was, after buying a used white wii I bought a red wiimote+ and classic controller+ and quite like the colour, it helps that my nintendo 64 controller is red too.

moai

Would these bundles come with the premium program or was that exclusive to the first batch of 32gb consoles?

Steph_E.

I don't even know why they're bundling a Mario game. Isn't NSMB U's attach rate already ridiculously high?

People will buy the Mario games anyway.

Maybe because people will think they're getting it for free, and everybody wants Mario. As you said, the attach rate is ridiculously high so most people buying a Wii U later this year will want Mario.

Jarlaxle

sörine;82217873 said:
Just among Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft the SNES, Playstation, N64, Gamecube, Xbox, PS3 and now Wii U all price dropped within their first year in the US.

So just among Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft the consoles that did not have a price drop within the first year are:

NES, PS2, Xbox 360, Wii.

I don't know if I would still call it almost all but I do stand corrected. Many more price drops in the first year than I thought for some reason. I guess I really need to reevaluate buying at launch.

joedick

I don't think they're going to keep restocking the Zelda bundle for long. I imagine it'll have mostly sold through by the time the Mario one hits.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough but don't give me this bullshit about Almost Always dropping the price within a year of launch. Name some other consoles that did that and I hope that it's most of them as would be implied by almost always.
Only the PS3 did it last generation, but the Xbox and Gamecube (and Dreamcast, RIP in peace) dropped within a year in the previous gen, and all three consoles dropped within a year the gen before that. At least in the US. The PS2 and Wii were both pretty huge phenomena and were hard to find on a shelf into the year after launch. Honestly, same with the 360 which was also tasked with making back a lot of the losses incurred on the OG Xbox.

sörine

Banned
Only the PS3 did it last generation, but the Xbox and Gamecube (and Dreamcast, RIP in peace) dropped within a year in the previous gen, and all three consoles dropped within a year the gen before that. At least in the US. The PS2 and Wii were both pretty huge phenomena and were hard to find on a shelf into the year after launch. Honestly, same with the 360 which was also tasked with making back a lot of the losses incurred on the OG Xbox.
SNES, Turbografx and Genesis also each price dropped within their first year. NES didn't, though it's hard to find solid information on other 8-bit systems in the 80s like 2600, C64 or SMS.

Haines

Banned
bundles move consoles, and so far nintendo has 2 verrry good bundles to grab the fence sitters for sure. you have to remember this also includes the 20 dollar dlc, thats sick!

hopefully the holiday games are genius and nintendo can make a go of it

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
People interested in this or in the WW bundle remember that the Premium consoles come also with the Premium points promotion. Especially if the games (WWHD, Mario U, Luigi U) are download codes, it will be interesting to get almost for free some eshop goodness
In PAL the WWHD bundle comes also with a free trial (1 week) for Karaoke Joysound

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I really doubt this will be in the US under $299 on black Friday. If it is, it'll be $279.99 or $289.99, or some small dollar iteration.
I'd think we're more likely to see bundles with a $50 gift card or some games or something, but some of the Black Friday prices have been insane, so $249 wouldn't surprise me.

Ludist210

As much as I enjoyed Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U should have been the pack-in on day one. Glad they've finally figured it out. Including New Super Luigi U is a nice move too.

Chucker

That's so 2012. Everybody knows it's not a peripheral for the Wii. 'HD' actually means there's a hard drive in the box.

You say that, but I bought a Wii U on Sunday and was playing it last night and my wife asked if the only thing that made it the Wii U was the Tablet to add onto the Wii.

Nintendo still needs to educate.

Rizsparky

As much as I enjoyed Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U should have been the pack-in on day one. Glad they've finally figured it out. Including New Super Luigi U is a nice move too.
Yeah, adds value for the customer and is not as costly as its a digital download

I wish they'd have different colors. Not that I'd get another Wii U, but they should have them in different colors.

However, I wouldn't hold your breath for this coming to the US. We never got the ZombiU bundle over here.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I wish they'd have different colors. Not that I'd get another Wii U, but they should have them in different colors.

However, I wouldn't hold your breath for this coming to the US. We never got the ZombiU bundle over here.

US got the Zombi U bundle, later than PAL region:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...iu-wii-u-bundle-headed-to-u-s-and-canada.aspx

It was different from the PAL one btw: Land was still included as a download code, there was a zombi u artbook and so on

The digital download is precisely why it adds no value for me.

As said before, I prefer the retail versions for many reasons, but the DD code give you points for the eshop, that's not a bad thing at all. If the problem is related to the account system, I think that's something that plays againts Wii U in general, not against the bundle

Top Bottom