• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Obsidian countdown teaser [Update 2: Kickstarter? One more day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

"The countdown begins for our next janktastic, broken, unpolished and unfinished game."

You need to play Dungeon Siege 3. The game itself is a hit or miss, but its performance it's the objective proof that Obsidian's own tech (Onyx game engine) can deliver a polished and stable game.

ArjanN

Hope it's not Wheel Of Time. That series sort of went off a cliff after a handful of books.
I'd rather see them do something original that's not based on a license.

Dungeon Siege 4 isn't very interesting either, unless they completely rework it into an actual RPG or something along the lines of Dark Souls.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Eir Glanfath certainly has a celtic ring to it.

Maybe she has a name now?

dungeonsiegeboxartoku6k.jpg

27222vru3.jpg

I just don't think "Obsidian's next RPG endeavor. So secret not even its project codename is yet being revealed." = Another game in a series which already had a release last year.

Sounds like something new to me.

We know its an RPG.

I know, since we're talking about Obsidian here, still Fantastic four may be suitable also as a beat'em-up, along the lines of '90 arcades such as Punisher, XMen, Spiderman.

I can see the potential for a good game, RPG or not, is there for sure, and it's not been used nearly as much as XMen or Spiderman: popular characters, charismatic villains, etc.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
After New Vegas, would they really do another Fallout?

I would propose they would be totally willing, yet Bethesda wouldn't be.

I mean, if this is really Dungeon Siege 4, it illustrates that they're willing to take pretty much any kind of project right now.

Pooya

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/245282311095083008

I like to think this means Sawyer is working on this lolz
so it will be canned before it is revealed :eek:

The vg247 link implies that "Project X" is Square's usual working title. So I guess it nails down the publisher, but may not be the same game.

right, I think this might be whatever David Hoffman was talking about after D3 reveal but we never got to know. I'm not sure if SE is attached still anymore, Obsidian putting up a teaser on their own looks like it might be their own project? David Hoffman or anyone SE related isn't linking to this either on twitter now, so that. maybe SE cancelled it on Obsidian or something like that, wouldn't surprise me.

I don't care what it is, I still want it!

I would actually be cool with Dungeon Siege 4. DS3 was very solid, if unambitious, and I vaguely recall some interview or post-mortem where they talked about a bunch of ideas they wanted to explore if they did a fourth one, and they seemed pretty cool.

ethelred

Yeah, the only reason to think that it's not DS4 is that it would be too obvious, and that's never a good basis for an argument.

That is not the only reason to think that this is not Dungeon Siege 4. The primary reason not to think it's Dungeon Siege 4 to my mind is, simply, why would Obsidian be teasing something like that? Square Enix is the publisher and would obviously control all elements of that game's marketing rollout. Has there ever been an instance where Square Enix has allowed one of its subsidiary developers or contracted teams or outsourcing partners to take the lead in unveiling a game? I certainly cannot think of such an instance. They're quite controlling as far as marketing rollout and PR goes.

DocSeuss

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/245282311095083008

I like to think this means Sawyer is working on this lolz
so it will be canned before it is revealed :eek:

right, I think this might be whatever David Hoffman was talking about after D3 reveal but we never got to know. I'm not sure if SE is attached still anymore, Obsidian putting up a teaser on their own looks like it might be their own project? David Hoffman or anyone SE related isn't linking to this either on twitter now, so that. maybe SE can celled it on Obsidian or something like that, wouldn't surprise me. j

I know that the 4 isn't actually regarding the game's number

but I like to pretend that, going by that tweet, it's Diablo 4

EDIT: DAMMIT, THE MANA LEGEND, DAMMIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom