• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Patch Released for Halo: MCC. It actually works!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It seems the biggest problem now is balance and dedicated servers. They need to work on that, without breaking the progress they did till now.
Oh god. I didn't even think about the possibility of a future patch breaking this one. *prays to stinkles for mercy*

Spasm

Put me in the group that MM times seem worse than before.

I never did have much problem finding matches before. Maybe they made it better for the vast majority of people that were experiencing long wait times, while making it worse for the few who it worked pretty well for.

That dedi goodness is undeniable though.

jem0208

There isn't. Incoming corporate shills telling you that's not important.

Right on cue.

I'm not saying emblems aren't important. But saying that the lack of them completely negates the point of partying up is just plain silly. For one emblems aren't the only way to tell who is who.

Also lol at "corporate shill" accusations.

Defect

Put me in the group that MM times seem worse than before.

I never did have much problem finding matches before. Maybe they made it better for the vast majority of people that were experiencing long wait times, while making it worse for the few who it worked pretty well for.

That dedi goodness is undeniable though.
Did you hard reset your Xbox?

Gestault

There isn't. Incoming corporate shills telling you that's not important.

Right on cue.

In the context of this discussion, there's a serious difference between functional matchmaking and a superficial flourish like custom emblems. Everyone with interest in the game would want emblems to be implemented as designed, but some perspective about the types of issues the multiplayer has had from release makes it look like a petty, almost laughable line to draw in the sand.

Also, you can't be serious about the shill thing.

In the context of this discussion, there's a serious difference between functional matchmaking and a superficial flourish like custom emblems. Everyone with interest in the game would want emblems to be implemented as designed, but some perspective about the types of issues the multiplayer has had from release makes it look like a petty, almost laughable line to draw in the sand.

Also, you can't be serious about the shill thing.

I'm glad that matchmaking seems to be a bit more stable, but the thread title still pisses me off. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but matchmaking stability is just the tip of the iceberg and it took them 112 days to make marginal improvements to that.

Ryde3

how's playing with friend in parties? Party chat and finding games etc was a mess, at one point if I was alone it seemed perfect and then they broke it again... *sigh*

Sephzilla

I'm glad that matchmaking seems to be a bit more stable, but the thread title still pisses me off. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but matchmaking stability is just the tip of the iceberg and it took them 112 days to make marginal improvements to that.

then stop beating the dead horse

DJ Gunner

I'm not saying emblems aren't important. But saying that the lack of them completely negates the point of partying up is just plain silly.For one emblems aren't the only way to tell who is who.

Also lol at "corporate shill" accusations.

Except, In Halo 2 Classic, the game that this collection was supposed to celebrate, the only way to tell who is who in a team game is to have your reticle on them while they are alive. Red Xs tell you nothing (because you just get an icon under it), the icon locations in your peripheral tell you nothing (because they are all the same). So unless your plan is to play multiplayer while aiming directly at your teammates the entire time, then no, there really is no other way to tell who is who.

Edit: Also, for whatever reason, the service tags in Halo 3 don't work for me. No matter what I enter for a tag, my Halo 3 service tag is totally random and changes every game I play.

watership

Some people are never going to be satisfied it seems

There will be some never satisfied due to the nature of "you can't please everyone, all of the time." If 343 commits to working on the MCC issues brought up by the community, they will never be done. Never.

Remark

Banned
Yeah the game crashes for me on boot-up now.

Tried everything even to factory resetting my console and it still doesn't work.

Getting refunded right now through Xbox support. I didn't even play the game that much anyway but damn.

jem0208

Except, In Halo 2 Classic, the game that this collection was supposed to celebrate, the only way to tell who is who in a team game is to have your reticle on them while they are alive. Red Xs tell you nothing (because you just get an icon under it), the icon locations in your peripheral tell you nothing (because they are all the same). So unless your plan is to play multiplayer while aiming directly at your teammates the entire time, then no, there really is no other way to tell who is who.

Edit: Also, for whatever reason, the service tags in Halo 3 don't work for me. No matter what I enter for a tag, my Halo 3 service tag is totally random and changes every game I play.

If you're planning on partying up just use a mic then.

Lack of emblems doesn't ruin party play.

KevinG

Give it up. People are going to be happy with these results. There is no need to rain on everyone's excitement because you have some vendetta against the game.

Can't wait to try it.

Emblems didn't show up properly anyways, they just showed the same emblem for each player.
It would be nice if they were able to add all the new emblem combinations into the older games so your personalized emblem shows up outside of just Halo 2 Anniversary

So everyone is supposed to constantly call out their location during a match?

Emblems are crucial to playing with friends. Why would I want some Joe Blow as my gunner when my best friend forever could be back there? If we can't even do that, then what the hell is the point of partying up to play Halo together online?

We're talking about a technology that was mainstream by 2004 and 343 can't even get it right in 2015 after years of development and five months of post-launch development.

Seriously just count me out. You're welcome for the free $60, Microsoft. I'll be playing Destiny. Aliens Colonial Marines was less broken than this...AT LAUNCH! :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Umm, I'd say matchmaking stability is actually the vast bulk of the iceberg. And it's pretty good now! I stand by my thread title. :p

Cday

Banned
Played a couple BTB. 1st one someone was blasting music on their kinect the whole time and everyone on my team left before the game was over. 2nd one booted me at initial load to the game over screen. This is still a complete waste of time.

JaggedSac

Keep going. I think there are still people out there who seem to be ok with the patch.

DJ Gunner

Wow man, thanks, I never thought of using a mic.

*headdesk*

Not being able to identify players on the battlefield when playing in a party where those players may have specific roles or skillsets is a major problem. I know, Ive played MCC and it's a problem. Does it "ruin" party play? Arguably at higher levels, as it slows the information pipeline.

jem0208

So everyone is supposed to constantly call out their location during a match?

Emblems are crucial to playing with friends. Why would I want some Joe Blow as my gunner when my best friend forever could be back there? If we can't even do that, then what the hell is the point of partying up to play Halo together online?

We're talking about a technology that was mainstream by 2004 and 343 can't even get it right in 2015 after years of development and five months of post-launch development.

Seriously just count me out. You're welcome for the free $60, Microsoft. I'll be playing Destiny.

No, because you don't need to know where your friends are at every single moment of a match. If you can't figure out whether the guy on your turret is your friend or not using a mic then you have some serious communication problems.

Sure, if you don't have a mic (and you should do because every X1 came with a mic) it might be annoying however it's not that difficult to glance at their name.

I seriously can't believe someone is actually giving up on the game because of broken emblems.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wow man, thanks, I never thought of using a mic.

*headdesk*

Not being able to identify players on the battlefield when playing in a party where those players may have specific roles or skillsets is a major problem. I know, Ive played MCC and it's a problem. Does it "ruin" party play? Arguably at higher levels, as it slows the information pipeline.
I'm confused. Do all the games have this issue? I've never noticed it, but I also just got the game again after getting a refund in December.

DJ Gunner

Even the most basic levels of communication would let you know where your buddies are.

Communication which can't relay the information near as fast as scanning your screen and identifying a unique icon- which is why they were used in the first place.

MS should offer this up for Games With Gold next month to say sorry

I'm pretty sure the folks who paid $59.99 for this (and didn't get a refund) might have an issue with that.

I'm confused. Do all the games have this issue? I've never noticed it, but I also just got the game again after getting a refund in December.

Nope- Just Halo 2 Classic. 3 has service tags, so you can ignore the uniform icons and use that as identification. I'm not sure about 4, as I don't play it (and won't, if I'm lucky) and 2A the emblems do work.

MS should offer this up for Games With Gold next month to say sorry

a middle finger to those that actually bought the game.

Skyy-John.gif

Hubble

Welp.

First MM game in H2A. Game was 5 v 4 I kid you not and I am not hating. I took a screenshot.

'It actually works!'.......

BokehKing

Banned
Got a match or two, was a little jarring to go from halo 2 sp looking all beautiful to the mp maps that look dated.

It's been like a decade since I played halo, other games have spoiled me, I think after all this time I'm perfectly content with just the campaign modes (wish there was matchmaking for Co op story)

Vinc

It definitely works a lot better, but the matchmaking times are still not where I'd like them to be. It just took just over 5 minutes to find a BTB match. Wonder if it's a population issue at this point.

Have a little time to play tonight so currently sitting in the rumble pit playlist, it's been 5 minutes now and nothing is happening.

Either it's not finding people or no one is playing this playlist.

Hard reset tour xbox, happened to me.

This is still a thing? i've lost the mood for playing halo for now since it's late.

It definitely works a lot better, but the matchmaking times are still not where I'd like them to be. It just took just over 5 minutes to find a BTB match. Wonder if it's a population issue at this point.
My BTB times have been poor too. I'm seeing something north of 5 minutes for each matched game.

It probably is due to the low amount of folks playing it. Sad state Halo is in. :-(

Top Bottom