• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pearl Jam Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot the source: Rolling Stone

Pearl Jam are almost finished with their follow-up to 2002's Riot Act. The band plans to spend the next three weeks in the studio recording vocals and mixing. If all goes according to plan, the yet-to-be-titled disc could be released as early as May.

"There's a lot more up-tempo stuff," says drummer Matt Cameron. "It's a lot more rockin' than our last one." Song titles like "Severed Hand," "Worldwide Suicide" and "2x4" seem to reflect that harder edge. Though the track listing has not been finalized, other candidates include "Marker" and "Cold Concession."

Cameron, who teamed with guitarist Mike McCready on the track "Unemployable," characterizes the sessions as more collaborative. "We reworked everything together in the studio," he says. "It's a really healthy environment -- everyone really just wants to dig in and make the songs as good as they can be."

Pearl Jam hope to support the new record with a summer tour.

They debuted a new song (Crapshoot) at the benefit show they played last week. I've heard it and am reserving judgment until I hear the studio version.

At any rate, if this goes through as planned May is shaping up to be a great month with New NIN, new PJ, and (depending on your likes/dislikes) Dave Matthews Band and Audioslave.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I really like riot act. awesome driving cd.

CrunchyB

Yeah, Riot Act was great. Pearl Jam is one of the few bands that can deliver quality work on a (mostly) constant basis. I really need to see them live sometime.

Atari2600

Too dumb for the internet
Great news. It's been too long since a new album. Benaroya Hall's a pretty good CD though. I dig the versions of Immortality and Off He Goes. Oh yeah, and that 25 Minutes To Go rocks.

fallout

Badabing said:
Wow I didn't even know they were still around
Yeah, gotta hate it when a band keeps selling records and touring all the time.

Anyway, new Pearl Jam possibly in May with the chance of a summer tour? I be happy.

Diablos

Song titles like "Severed Hand," "Worldwide Suicide"...
WORLDWIDE SUICIDE?

kerry-protesters.jpg

STOP THE LATEST WAVE OF THE CULTURE OF DEATH BEFORE IT HITS THE SHELVES!!!!!

ShadowRed

Banned
Just hear the new song and man does it rock. Obviously it's a a Matt Cameron song. Is it me or is Eddie channeling Chris Cornel in that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom