• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PGR4 Screenshot - O_O

RobertM

le.phat said:
hmm, i had to retype that reply because i couldn't figure it out in english :lol

what i meant is, the car looks really detailed, while the geometry in the background comes off a bit well.....flat :lol
Basically what this guy is trying to say is that you get a feeling of a cut-out, dosn't blend in too well.

Tieno said:
I don't link a pixel in the left corner, it's a bit too sharp.

:lol That is not even extreme compared to some of the nitpicks.

I really liked the shot , I am not quite sure what is happening in here. It might be a congregation of fanboys , I don't really know. I'm newish.

dankir

RobertM said:
I concur.
don't hit me please, I'm just playing along, but they kind of look plasticy

Is that Roselyn Sanchez licking my co... I mean A banana? People we can stop the search for the best avatar ever. Roselyn Sanchez is sexy as hell!!!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
vspectra06 said:
6hfb38n.jpg
Chris Bangle ruined this otherwise awesome screenshot. :D

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Am I right in thinking PGR3 had 2XAA? Hence the jaggies. Any chance of PGR4 having 4X?

hwalker84

I love Gotham and will be getting this but after playing it at Pax the game doesn't look as good as that screenshot.

It had horrible I mean horrible jaggies.

dankir

twinturbo2 said:
Chris Bangle ruined this otherwise awesome screenshot. :D

WRONG ITS A MASTERPIECE! Just like all the other bimmers he designed... okay well not all of them.... like the standard new 7 series before the redesign ( i.e 745i ), e92 3 Series sedan, the X3 to name a few.

acklame

car looks kinda weird, i think it's because certain parts of the car model is not up to par with the rest thus creating the look.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
acklame said:
car looks kinda weird, i think it's because certain parts of the car model is not up to par with the rest thus creating the look.
That's because a moron designed it.
dankir said:
WRONG ITS A MASTERPIECE! Just like all the other bimmers he designed... okay well not all of them.... like the standard new 7 series before the redesign ( i.e 745i ), e92 3 Series sedan, the X3 to name a few.
Since when does Chris Bangle post at GAF?

TTG

the way they've been releasing screens you'd think 75% of the game was in the rain.

I love me some PGR... been playing them since metropolis street racer(go dreamcast)... but it's been slowly going down hill since PGR2. Expect 8.5 scores all around.

acklame

twinturbo2 said:

:lol

I like the 5. It has always looked good to me. Can't say that about his other work thou...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
acklame said:
:lol

I like the 5. It has always looked good to me. Can't say that about his other work thou...
The 3 series is okay, the 5 is meh, the 7 needs to be dragged out back and shot, the 6 is meh, and the 1 looks okay. The only BMW design I really like is the Mini, and that's not a Bangle design.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
this game does'nt look as good as some people are saying to me.

I say similar things about GT5, but I tend to keep those comments to myself.

BlindMonkey said:
Looks like he's got a flat drivers side front tyre.

Not as bad as this flat tire. Needs more bloom also.

1316_0008.jpg

shagg_187 said:
A fanboy's answer wud be "ZOMG GRAN TURISMO!!"

A proper answer would be "Because car manufacturers and game developers want to send a message that drive safe and if they are driving in closed circuit, always wear protective gear."

also helps save time since someone doesn't have to model a face

RobertM said:
I concur.
don't hit me please, I'm just playing along, but they kind of look plasticy

I wouldn't say they look plasticy but Bizarre obviously had different priorities. GT5 has some great car models and decent environments and Bizarre has good car models and outstanding everything else.

BlindMonkey said:
Looks like he's got a flat drivers side front tyre.

You can't even see the driver's side tire...:D

I do admit the tires look odd without any tread in that pic.

J-Rzez

Much much better than Forza 2, i'm impressed... Still far behind Polyphony's work though, they're on their own level that is going to take a while for others to match...

Nozi

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Much much better than Forza 2, i'm impressed... Still far behind Polyphony's work though...

Environments are better in PGR, cars look slightly better in GT. Overall I'm equally impressed by both.

Dural

Everything looks good but the rain, rain shouldn't look like white lines falling from the sky. RSC2 got the rain perfect, Bizarre needs to check that game out.

RSC2 in the rain

J-Rzez said:
Much much better than Forza 2, i'm impressed... Still far behind Polyphony's work though, they're on their own level that is going to take a while for others to match...

Far behind ? Really... Looking at it with an unbiased eye, just like everything else in this generation both games for these different consoles have thier strongpoints and weakpoints but they are very comparable. Sorry.

Whoaness

Banned
plagiarize said:
there are no splashes on the car because there are no puddles on the car. the splashes on the road look like water dropping into a puddle.

i have no idea if what i wrote is just true, but that's what it looks like to me. when rain hits my car it generally forms a droplet rather than a splash like that which as i said looks like a drop of water landing in a puddle.

Physics says the laws of elastic denies what you said. Everything bounces, especially rain falling at pretty high speed. I don't really even see water build up on the car either.

J-Rzez said:

I disagree. GT5 looks great in certain spots, but the graphics have flaws just like any other racer. Both PGR4 and GT5 are equally impressive to me. But what I don't understand is how some people can say GT5 is so much higher on a different graphical level after seeing this. Cut-out trees, flat backgrounds, some car lighting looks amazing while others do not.

1316_0046.jpg

1316_0028.jpg

Nozi

Banned
Whoaness said:
Physics says the laws of elastic denies what you said. Everything bounces, especially rain falling at pretty high speed. I don't really even see water build up on the car either.

One step at a time my friend.

John_B

Nozi said:
Environments are better in PGR, cars look slightly better in GT. Overall I'm equally impressed by both.
What a weird coincidence. You use the word slightly just like I do. Here is an example - Monica Bellucci looks slightly more attractive than Rosie O'donnell.

The cars does look better than the cars in previous game in the series, but they are not near the quality of Gran Turismo.

dankir

twinturbo2 said:

He doesn't but I am founder of the e60 BMW M5 defense force. And the 750i / 760i isn't ugly!! They did fix alot of issues found in the 745i its all good though the brand new one is going to be revealed next year. Its supposed to have 6 series like styling and the current 6 is pretty sexy.

PorkandBeans said:
You can't even see the driver's side tire...:D

I do admit the tires look odd without any tread in that pic.

When i say flat i mean deflated, the car doesn't look like it matches the background, like the car is leaning over to the left.

Dural said:
Everything looks good but the rain, rain shouldn't look like white lines falling from the sky. RSC2 got the rain perfect, Bizarre needs to check that game out.

RSC2 in the rain

What matters to me is how it'll look in motion. I can barely see any rain in that RSC2 video besides the water drops filling up the camera screen.

ParticleReality said:
Because they do it in Grand Turismo.

Uh...the new Gran Turismo is the first gran turismo that actually have People driving (before it was just empty cars which I thought looked so stupid)....while bizarre had people driving since thier first game (msr)....and think the drivers were wearing helmets starting in PGR2? maybe PGR3....

jet1911

The worse thing is that they will release a new pic every day till the game is out so we'll have "this" thread every day until October 2. :lol

As much as I am impressed by photo mode in any racer, after all they often make great desktop backgrounds, what really matters to me is how the game looks when I'm actually playing the game. A photo mode shot, be it from GT, FM or PGR is not indicative of how the game will look when you are actually in-game and driving around the courses, so to draw conclusions based on the graphical fidelity of the game from such shots is like judging a supermodel from her airbrushed appearance in "Skanqué" magazine.

It's impressive granted, but I just wish developers would give us a realistic idea of what to expect from the game.

That said, I'm still super-excited for PGR4. The new career mode sounds like it will suck up most of my October.

Dural said:

RSC2 in the rain

MS really needs to make RSC2 BC....As it is the best Racing game on Xbox...and If they actually make it BC I can finally retire the black box.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
sionyboy said:
As much as I am impressed by photo mode in any racer, after all they often make great desktop backgrounds, what really matters to me is how the game looks when I'm actually playing the game. A photo mode shot, be it from GT, FM or PGR is not indicative of how the game will look when you are actually in-game and driving around the courses, so to draw conclusions based on the graphical fidelity of the game from such shots is like judging a supermodel from her airbrushed appearance in "Skanqué" magazine.

It's impressive granted, but I just wish developers would give us a realistic idea of what to expect from the game.

That said, I'm still super-excited for PGR4. The new career mode sounds like it will suck up most of my October.
Why are you relying on single photomode screenshot then. There are gameplay vids of this.

Top Bottom