• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Phantasy Star Nova Trailer

Oh Sega, if only this was E3 material. If only....

But instead, you would put salt in our wounds to say that there's NO Phantasy Star stuff for us in the future.
I guess Sega just doesn't have an efficient localization process in place. While XSEED, NISA, Aksys and others can make a profit localizing niche games, even if SEGA is a bigger company they will end up spending more resources than the game is worth (or at least what they perceive is worth).
It's the only rational explanation I can find. Then again we're talking about SEGA... The whole Shinning series debacle for example, doesn't exactly screams "rationality".

Anyway, since this is Tri-Ace I wonder if this was a Star Ocean game at some point. Or maybe SEGA just wanted another Phantasy Star Portable and thought Tri-Ace would be a good fit?

RalchAC

would it be too much to ask for a more traditional PS game with a style that resembles the older games?

Tired of PSO style games.

I have good news to you. You won't be tired of "PSO" style games anymore.

Because we aren't getting them either :(

Prelude.

If they are then that Digimon game has competition for the best looking Vita game.
It certainly isn't the pre-rendered stuff from the trailer but I wonder if they're just in-engine videos. They sure look like they're in-game but the low quality of the video doesn't help.
Did we ever get a gameplay video/screenshot after the graphics overhaul?

I think TGS is the only time that we've seen actual gameplay in screens or videos. It seems like marketing is starting up, so i'm guessing that we should be seeing it soon. Since Sony seems obsessed with marketing 4p co-op games in Japan, they may have been waiting for Freedom Wars to come out before shifting the focus to this.

Videoneon

I think TGS is the only time that we've seen actual gameplay in screens or videos. It seems like marketing is starting up, so i'm guessing that we should be seeing it soon. Since Sony seems obsessed with marketing 4p co-op games in Japan, they may have been waiting for Freedom Wars to come out before shifting the focus to this.

I do enjoy the videos we have, but I am hoping that we get more gameplay and systems type videos at TGS. Hopefully Sega goes hard at TGS.

K.Sabot

Ummm... why am I getting this uneasy Star Ocean Last Hope vibe....

Horrible over-exaggerated motion capture animation of course!

and this guy's really dumb looking standing animation

KsOr6SD.png

Top Bottom