• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokken Tournament fighter to be announced Dec. 10 [Up: Sceptile?]

EulaCapra

Narrowing down from that list, I kinda want it to be Virizion. It'd be the only Gen 5 and Grass-type playable fighter and another quadrupedal besides Suicune. Plus, in the Pokemon movie it had a feminine voice so that'd be cool.

yeah I just realized Diancie makes a good magical girl fighter
Huh... now that you mention it...

az5culsvm3fptg5ircoi.gif

MOON CRYSTAL POWAAAAA!!!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Lumineon (Neolant) gonna wreck all your shit.

But seriously, I'm betting it's gonna be Chesnaught (Birgarron). He seems like he'd be cool, and iirc we don't have too many defensive-based Pokemon in Pokken.

emb

List from post 100 said:
Sandslash
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Ninetails
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Alakazam
Ditto
Jolteon
Snorlax
Zapdos

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Tyranitar

Ludicolo
Shiftry
Exploud
Salamence

Luxray
Rhyperior
Gliscor
Mamoswine
Heatran

Emboar
Conkeldurr
Scolipede
Scrafty
Bisharp
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Landorus

Chesnaught
Goodra

Volcanion
I'd like to see any of those. ^.^

Nothing sticks out too much though.

Red Devil

I would love to have Nidoking on it, but it isn't popular enough to be on this kind of game(he barely appears on spin-offs as is), probably it'll be something lame like Tyranitar or Alakazam.

So I have a theory, I think it will be Sceptile for a couple of reasons.

For those of you that don't know, there is a online battle event called "Festive Feud" that only allows Pokémon classified in the Dex as Red, Green, or White to celebrate the holiday season.

Sceptile classifies as "Green" if you haven't guessed, but another thing is that the registration for this event runs from December 3rd to December 10th, the same day of this broadcast.

Sceptile is also one of the few eligible Pokémon that can also Mega Evolve and I think Pokken wants to show off more Mega Pokken fighters since they are so powerful. Sceptile also seems to make an appearance in it's Mega forme in the Pokémon XY & Z anime.

This might all just be coincidence, but I think Sceptile has a good chance. Then again, Charizard Y or Tyranitar could be in, since they are Red and Green respectively.

Vuapol

It's going to be Magikarp and I'm going to laugh my ass off.

My personal favorites:

Tyranitar
Sceptile
Ludicolo
Salamence
Drapion
Bisharp
Hydreigon

I'd really be happy with most any of them though. There are very few Pokemon that I hate.

tumblr_mhb54tmPwp1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

Giratina pls.

Platy

PEOPLE !

I know ...

P4qT8J8.gif

It is creepy Pikachu Detective from that game that was supposed to release in 2015 ! =O

Blues1990

Regardless of our guess work or speculation, I'm sure it's an addition that we least expect. Especially when you consider some of the more wild card additions to the game's roster, such as Machamp & Weavile.

Berordn

Regardless of our guess work or speculation, I'm sure it's an addition that we least expect. Especially when you consider some of the more wild card additions to the game's roster, such as Machamp & Weavile.

You'd consider Machamp a wildcard in a Pokemon fighting game? I would've said Suicune or Pikachu Libre at least...

Blues1990

You'd consider Machamp a wildcard in a Pokemon fighting game? I would've said Suicune or Pikachu Libre at least...

He is when you consider that he's a mostly forgotten Pokemon, outside from competitive play use and older fans fondly remembering the original 151. I was expecting a Pokemon, such as Throh, Sawk, Tyrogue, one of the members of the Hitmon family, or even Hariyama to be represented as the pure fighting type for this game. (I would add Hawlucha, but he's a dual Fighting-Flying type, so he doesn't count in my example).

But Machamp? For me, that was an eye opener, especially since he's the game's go-to grappler and he's the only non-legendary in the roster that doesn't have a Mega Evolution. Instead, he takes a page from Hitachi from the Tekken series and turns red, then goes to out right deck his opponent into the stratosphere.

Now, if done right, a Mega Machamp would be absolutely terrifying in the actual games.

Top Bottom