• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Prince of Persia game to be at E3? (Pics inside)

cHIBo.png

Can't unsee the gaping mouth with three odd teeth in it.

If this is PoP going in a third direction this gen, they could really end up killing a weakened franchise.

That shot looks like "Fisher in Time" or something.

Muzzy

I'm still waiting for the PoP 2008 sequel but if these pictures are really taken from a trailer, I can still wait.

TripOpt55

I'd be okay with a bald Prince if the platforming was on the level of the last-gen trilogy. Nobody has pulled that style of platforming off as well since. I was hoping for a sequel to 08 with some tweaked gameplay, but I'd be excited for any kind of PoP game. This could very well be a new IP or something spun off of AC. I am excited to see what this is though regardless.

If this is a Prince of Persia game, would that make PoP one of the most often rebooted series?

Sands of Time (first reboot)
Prince of Persia 2008
Forgotten Sands
This game?

You could also argue that (the awful) Prince of Persia 3D from 1999 was another reboot.

Hell, an argument could even be made that Warrior Within was a (misguided) reboot of Sands of Time (and Two Thrones was an attempted un-reboot).

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm banking on a new IP perhaps, an Ancient Egyptian theme. Probably something to do with Cleopatra because it looks like the guy is wearing your stereotypical Roman outfit, though the words "judgment is coming" sounds more like Moses.

TripOpt55

If this is a Prince of Persia game, would that make PoP one of the most often rebooted series?

Prince of Persia 2008
Forgotten Sands
This game?

You could also argue that (the awful) Prince of Persia 3D from 1999 was another reboot.

Hell, an argument could even be made that Warrior Within was a (misguided) reboot of Sands of Time (and Two Thrones was an attempted un-reboot).

Forgotten Sands fits in the SoT timeline between SoT and WW. And WW and T2T definitely aren't reboots. Though if this was a new one it would still be the third reboot so your point may stand. I never played 3D... not sure where that fits. With the first two I thought.

Tuck

I'm banking on a new IP perhaps, an Ancient Egyptian theme. Probably something to do with Cleopatra because it looks like the guy is wearing your stereotypical Roman outfit, though the words "judgment is coming" sounds more like Moses.

Ubi benefited greatly from a new IP this gen (AC), so i can certainly see them being eager to try and recreate that success. Honestly I'm surprised its taken so long.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Ah dammit, I was hoping for a POP 2008 sequel. Ubisoft just doesn't seem to give a shit about that one!

But still, I'm excited.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Prince of Persia 2008
Forgotten Sands
This game?

Do you know what reboot actually means?

Hint: not the same thing as sequel.

I'd rather it be a new IP altogether, but if it's a new Prince of Persia, day 1. One of the franchises I keep going back to no matter how bad Ubisoft fucks up.

graboids

maybe its a MP trailer for ACIII, MP maps set in different times thought history could be cool... i don't know... new IP or PoP 08 sequel don't seem likely but would be sweet.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hey look another bald guy.

Is it because developpers sucks at making good looking hair or something?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
this news reminds me that jordan mechner is supposed to release a new KARATEKA downloadable game later this year. at least there's that!

i wish he were more closely involved with ubisoft's ongoing POP development, though.

Ahasverus

Ooh no, no no no, angry bald guy #24570 no, oh no

Ubisoft: Screw a spiritual sequel to Sands of Time, what about a spiritual sequel to WARRIOR WITHIN! SOMEONE CALL GODSMACK !

I wonder if it might be that one game I've heard has been kicking around in the Ubisoft think tank for a few years now. Basically an Egyptian shadow of the colossus.

monome

And dreams were crushed...

Ubi will have a hard time making me buy a gritty PoP.

EDIT : egyptian shadow of colossus? hmmm...but no colors no buy.

Even if it is a POP sequel/reboot, thats not necessarily the prince, it could be the bad guy bringing forth a bushel full o' judgement.

want a new POP game, but that egyptian game sounds cool too.

Top Bottom