• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Prince of Persia Wii Interview, Video

Wow...

Did anyone see the video?

The controls are HORRIBLE... HORRIBLE I TELL YA!!!

Ubisoft blows once again. They should have stopped making games for Wii when they announced "Cosmic Family" for the Wii... :lol

Haunted_One said:
Ubisoft is the new EA.
QFT!! They spent this whole time fighting to keep from being bought by EA, only to find they have become that very same monster. Wow, what a shame....I liked there older games.

Olivier

Surfheart said:
You are right, but some blame should fall on the controller I feel.

earthr2c37eu.jpg

Linkup

That's pretty sad. I think most of gaf(ok only a small percent) would have figured out just to rip zelda's controls and be done with it.

GAF's hatred at UBI just slapping games on the Wii without much effort is only going to grow in the coming months. But GAF love for EA Wii efforts will grow!

Duckhuntdog said:
GAF's hatred at UBI just slapping games on the Wii without much effort is only going to grow in the coming months. But GAF love for EA Wii efforts will grow!
This is getting ridiculous IMO. Give Ubi a chance. You can't judge the gameplay just by this video.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
The controls looked okay to me. Probably a little more complicated than they need to be, but it looks like it might be fun once you learn it.

Ubisoft has been the most dissapointing developer this past year. Their games have gotten worse and worse and ytheir Wii support has been embarrassing. I'm surprised be the effort that EA has been putting into their Wii games; even Godfather (though ugly) looks like it could be fun. Ubisoft is just phoning everything in ... they may be often compared to EA, but they've output is closer to THQ.

Xavien

ok..... did a former head of EA become CEO of Ubisoft recently? cause im seeing some serious role-reversal between EA and Ubisoft here.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Man, that's going to be tough to play with the giant wimote and nunchuck taking up so much of the screen.

ivysaur12 said:
No graphical update.

Confusing and non-intuitive controls.

PSP version with more content.

**** you, Ubisoft.
What he said. Do they really expect that anyone buys this? The thing that pisses me of the most is that they actually had the nerve to rename the title though they only changed the controls. I can see various casual gamers seeing this, buying it and then realizing that they actually played that game before.

Muppet345

Okay, let's recap

In terms of graphics and controls..

1. Two Thrones (GC)
2. Rival Swords (PSP)
3. Rival Swords (Wii)

In terms of content..

1. Rival Swords (PSP)
2. Two Thrones (GC) & Rival Swords (Wii)

Yet..

Two Thrones (GC)* = $14
Rival Swords (PSP) = $40
Rival Swords (Wii)* = $50

*Playable on Wii

What the ****!

Kevar said:
Okay, let's recap

In terms of graphics and controls..

1. Two Thrones (GC)
2. Rival Swords (PSP)
3. Rival Swords (Wii)

In terms of content..

1. Rival Swords (PSP)
2. Two Thrones (GC) & Rival Swords (Wii)

Yet..

Two Thrones (GC)* = $14
Rival Swords (PSP) = $40
Rival Swords (Wii)* = $50

*Playable on Wii

What the ****!
Seriously. When Miyamoto was talking about Wiimakes he clearly mentioned a lower price point-this is just a rip-off.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Branduil said:
How can UbiSoft be the new EA when EA's games are better?

QFT. Most EA output on GC was not close to being as bad as the Ubisoft output on Wii so far.

The Ubisoft software is a disgrace - poorly developed ports with shit controls, or semi-original titles based on bad concepts, poorly developed with shit controls and shit graphics. There is nothing good to say about Ubisoft on Wii, they seem to think that because Wii uses a new interface that people will suddenly buy lazy shit from them.

Nintendo would have done better to work with EA on CoD3 or another FPS for launch rather than waste their time with Ubisoft and Red Steel. EA have gotten more into the spirit of the Wii than Ubisoft.

Meta-Knight said:
This is getting ridiculous IMO. Give Ubi a chance. You can't judge the gameplay just by this video.
what's getting ridiculous is that EA are patently putting more effort into their Wii ports than Ubisoft.

i don't disagree that we can't judge the controls by this video (which makes them look incomprehensible) but we can see how much effort they're putting into it imo.

step it up ubisoft.

Ranger X

MrSardonic said:
they seem to think that because Wii uses a new interface that people will suddenly buy lazy shit from them.

But that's exactly what the gamers did. :(
If i could sell my poo-poo i would. (i guess). I blame the gamers!!

Fredrik

MrSardonic said:
There is nothing good to say about Ubisoft on Wii, they seem to think that because Wii uses a new interface that people will suddenly buy lazy shit from them.
The sad thing is that people probably will buy these games. And some people might start thinking that Wii is crap just because of these sad ports.

Mau ®

This is only the beggining with PSP ports>Wii. The sad thing is that the Wii version will probably sell more due to it being a game during a very bad drough and on a new plataform.

Ranger X

Smiles and Cries said:
you guys like Raving Rabbids?

I have yet to play it... but I'm getting it free so no lost

Raving Rabbits isn't a bad game at all. It's actually good. It gets bashed because it's a party game and i suppose the fans wanted a proper platformer game.

R0nn

shagg_187 said:
Wow...

Did anyone see the video?

The controls are HORRIBLE... HORRIBLE I TELL YA!!!

Ubisoft blows once again. They should have stopped making games for Wii when they announced Red Steel for the Wii... :lol

Fixed.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Ranger X said:
Raving Rabbits isn't a bad game at all. It's actually good. It gets bashed because it's a party game and i suppose the fans wanted a proper platformer game.

i don't think that's an unfair request.
r:rr seems like sort of a waste of ancel's talent.

Xrenity

The Black Brad Pitt said:
It just looked like the same gesture was performing all of those actions.
Indeed :(

What the hell.
I know it takes time to build games from the ground up, but this doesn't look good.

luffeN

hmmm, thats strange.. i was at ubisoft austria 2 days ago and they told me that there WILL be new content, but didnt want to say more (maybe they knew nothing more..)
i was thinking about new content like more "levels" and such..

they also said that while the game is based on Two Thrones, the story will be a bit different.

the version i played was a techdemo with 4 levels.. it couldnt even be called preview version.. but seeing as the game will launch in late march, well maybe ubi austria only got this early version :D

oh, btw, i played on a BLACK wii, it look soooooo damn sexy.. but obviously i wasnt allowed to take a pic :/ it was a debug unit anyway.

so the maps where docks disctrict, bonusmap (which was a part with the dark prince), temple (featuring the one eyed boss in the colosseum) and marketplace.

the game was hooked up to an hdtv via component cables. (i could give you my preview with the google translations, but it sometimes gets ****ed up pretty badly :D)

the graphics are the same as the cube verion's one. the controls look as following: (if its already known, nothing to see here :) )

both nunchuck and wiimote needed to play the game
digi cross to change camera (and tilting wiimote sideways)
minus button to center the camera behind you
1 button to get the perfect overview before taking on a long jumping passage
A: jump/roll, pull up on a ledge
B: wall run sideways and up, pull/push crades
C: activate the sands of time (ie rewind etc. )
Z: drop down from ledge to ledge, activate the swinging whip attack from dark prince

attacking is done with the wiimote, and if you have a second sword with the nunchuck as well, as good as i was able to observe this. a 3 strike combo is done with 3 down strikes with the wiimote. combos are exactly the same as in Two Thrones, so dont expect something new.

speedkills are initiated with striking the nunchuck down, the rest of the strikes are done by the wiimote.

so, how does it feel. well, as with like nearly every wii game you have to get used to the new button assignements and the new controller ;) after a while it seems good enough to serve as a port, but dont expect something enterily new and over the top.
if you have questions, ask em, maybe i can answer them :)

on a little sidenote: the girl at ubisoft asked me if the game feels more like a cheap port or better. i said its oke, as prince of persia for me never gets old, but im looking forward to a new game in the series. then she said: if a new one will be developed.
now you know what ive said, dont you? i answered: yeah, there will be, as ive seen some artworks, they are nice :D
she wasnt really mad about it, but kinda disappointed that the leak kinda reached everywhere :D when i told her the story about the 1 gig word document and the leaked artwork in it.. she waited a little and then said: no, it was a security breach into our networks. apparently Ubi Paris was attacked some time ago(it seemed like a new leak, dont know) and some data was stolen :D

so, thats it ;)

DSWii60

solarplexus said:
Sounds great! How many Wii points will it cost?

:lol but seriously, if Ubisoft want to make so many half-arsed Wiimakes, they should just release them on the VC or at budget prices and then maybe buying their game could be justified

EDIT: I forgot the Wii doesnt have a HDD so scrap the VC idea

beelzebozo said:
i don't think that's an unfair request.
r:rr seems like sort of a waste of ancel's talent.

It was pretty much his decision to make that kind of game, right? I think he's probably better qualified to judge where his talent should go.

Rlan

You can get the POP Trilogy box for PS2 for $50AU [new games are $100AU]. Why the hell would I buy this? It should BE a Trilogy box!

i'm careful not to slag off ubisoft's original games, because hey, at least they weren't lazy ass ports... but R:RR rubbed me the wrong way by not being 480p. a little harsh perhaps, but to me that was a warning flag.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
TheGreatDave said:
It was pretty much his decision to make that kind of game, right? I think he's probably better qualified to judge where his talent should go.

it feels a lot like beethoven joined a barbershop quartet.

Top Bottom