• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Prince of Persia Wii Interview, Video

Oh... My... God...

Are they even serious? How is that any different than hitting a button? You just shake your controller the same way over and over to do stuff? And here I thought Zelda's waggle sword slashing was gimmicky. At least you could use the pointer to aim in Zelda...

I'm getting really sick of ports. Especially effortless Ubisoft ports.

Surfheart said:
You are right, but some blame should fall on the controller I feel.
Yes, it's the Wiimote's fault most of Ubisoft's Wii efforts are lazy previous generation ports with poorly tacked on motion controls. It'd be impossible to make a good Prince of Persia game from the ground up on the Wii. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for bringing your logic to the thread. You are in no way a flame baiting troll.

EricDiesel said:
Oh... My... God...

Are they even serious? How is that any different than hitting a button? You just shake your controller the same way over and over to do stuff? And here I thought Zelda's waggle sword slashing was gimmicky. At least you could use the pointer to aim in Zelda...

I'm getting really sick of ports. Especially effortless Ubisoft ports.

Yes, it's the Wiimote's fault most of Ubisoft's Wii efforts are lazy previous generation ports with poorly tacked on motion controls. It'd be impossible to make a good Prince of Persia game from the ground up on the Wii. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for bringing your logic to the thread. You are in no way a flame baiting troll.

The biggest problem are the 3rd party companies.

Very few want to spend the time and money to take advantage of the Wii. They'd just rather port over a game that was made for either PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox, and just slap some Wii specific controls on it.

It's a shame cause Ubi is one of the biggest 3rd party companies out there, and if they are putting this little effort into making Wii games its not a good sign.

Burnst

NintendosBooger said:
How does this get by Nintendo's infamous quality control unit? Oh that's right, they have to bend over for third-parties these days.
Remember Nintendo asked Ubisoft to make games for their system.. :lol

Ubisoft can't get a break over here anyway.. Every topic is Ubisoft suck x 100 lately. EA must be happy. At least Ubisoft is bringing something over to the Wii. There's still a new IP from them coming, right? Another asian themed game or something..?

Burnst said:
Ubisoft can't get a break over here anyway.. Every topic is Ubisoft suck x 100 lately. EA must be happy. At least Ubisoft is bringing something over to the Wii. There's still a new IP from them coming, right? Another asian themed game or something..?

Ubi doesn't deserve a break, every game they put out on Wii (besides Rayman) have been critical flops.

Alot of support from a 3rd party is good, but when said 3rd party puts out 90% crappy games, thats not good.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
plagiarize said:
i think he's in a better position to tell us what the game is like than anyone else in this forum, me and you included.
Thats not the point!

He was asked if he thought it was a hack job port and he responded with the ultimate kiss ass answer.

Show some balls!

luffeN

mysticstylez said:
Ubi doesn't deserve a break, every game they put out on Wii (besides Rayman) have been critical flops.

Alot of support from a 3rd party is good, but when said 3rd party puts out 90% crappy games, thats not good.

i have to agree with you
kinda offtopic, but..
i now have SCDA for wii at home for testing purpose and i played the coop yesterday with a friend. graphics drop down in this one to n64 textures.. and the game froze while i was dead and my partner tried to shoot the enemy :/

luffeN

The Black Brad Pitt said:
Thats not the point!

He was asked if he thought it was a hack job port and he responded with the ultimate kiss ass answer.

Show some balls!

hey, i didnt say its GREAT. its oke, meaning mediocre. i also said that i have to see more/play more to really give an answer. and i also said (and wrote before) that FOR ME prince of persia will never get old, so even if there are just tacked on controls, its cool to play. and because i spoke to her, facial expression does also take a big part.. and i think i didnt look too happy when saying its O K E ! ;)

Meta-Knight said:
This is getting ridiculous IMO. Give Ubi a chance. You can't judge the gameplay just by this video.
I am not judging off this video or even this or any released Ubi game, as I said it is going to grow in the coming months, meaning wait and prepare to get mad.

nightez

Banned
You shouldn't even mention Ubi on the same line as EA. Till EA can make games as good as Rayman, Assasin Creed, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Beyond Good & Evil, Far Cry even XIII you're making a fools of yourselves comparing them.

nightez said:
You shouldn't even mention Ubi on the same line as EA. Till EA can make games as good as Rayman, Assasin Creed, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Beyond Good & Evil, Far Cry even XIII you're making a fools of yourselves comparing them.
How do you know Assasin's Creed will be good? Just because it gets a lot of hype? Sounds very EA to me :). XIII was a really, really bad game, the style was intrigueing back in the days but it had no sense of weight and bad controls amongst other things.
EA published the SSX series, Battlefield series amongst others. Sure they do a lot of sequels but that's what sells-can't blame them for being a business. Do I like it? No. But that doesn't mean some of their games ain't good.

Top Bottom