• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

News Bot

Banned
Personally I feel like anytime Masachika Kawata is involved with something Resident Evil that it's going to turn out.....not very good.

He's worked / held a major role on Darkside Chronicles, Revelations and the HD Chronicles collection.

I honestly think he's Capcom's B-tier Resident Evil producer at this point.

That being said, I thought Outbreak was incredibly tight and that was directed by the same person who directed Resident Evil 6, so perhaps pedigree isn't the be all and end all, lol.

Kawata is basically head of the series, but he is a producer. He's not directly integral to development. He does however get stuck being producer for B-teams, somehow.

Yasuhiro Seto was director of the Chronicles series and the games were outsourced to Cavia. His first game? GUN SURVIVOR 2 BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica. Which was outsourced to Nextech.

Revelations was newbie director Koushi Nakanishi with some development outsourced to TOSE.

BIO6 was director Eiichiro Sasaki. He directed Outbreak, but he's also the one who fought to have an Ada clone villain and wanted each of her appearances in the series to be a different clone. So yeah, arse.

REV2 is director Yasuhiro Anpo, who is perhaps the last remaining team member at CAPCOM still involved in the series who worked on BIO1 and BIO2. But the same could be said for Jun Takeuchi and he didn't have a clue.

Unlike all of the above, Mikami was fortunate enough to always have a great team and not be too shitty a decision maker when it came to creativity. Though he was a disastrous businessman.

strafer

http://abload.de/img/bh62014-09-0814-41-29avjle.jpg ?

Although, that's so much of a closeup you can't really see anything else but her butt. Good showcase of her pants textures though! If only Capcom put as much attention to environment textures as they did with Ada's pants.

Sectus hooked it up.
Should have mentioned though it's better if all you want is the hometown.

leon_s__kennedy___resgauj8.gif

KyleCross

So has it been confirmed if her name is Moira or Moria? The scans says "Moira" on one page but then "Moria" on another. I assume most are choosing Moira, but do we know for sure?

Daigoro

While I agree it's probably a typo, Moria is, in fact, a name. It's just super uncommon with most choosing to go with the spelling of Maria instead.

never knew that, only new it from Tolkien. i see that is correct though. pretty cool actually. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moria_Casán though thats a stage name. probably a bit more rare than super uncommon id guess.

and yeah, still probably a typo. but maybe it will make it into the game anyways!

Sectus

I'm reading the full GamesMaster article, and there's some more details about how coop will work:
- Moira is always invincible, no matter if she's player controlled.
- When playing singleplayer, you can switch on the fly between Moira and Claire.
- They call it "assistive coop" as the game is all about supporting Claire.

I'm really curious to see this in action. I have a hard time imagining the game being very fun when playing as Moira, especially with her being invincible.

BadWolf

I'm reading the full GamesMaster article, and there's some more details about how coop will work:
- When playing singleplayer, you can switch on the fly between Moira and Claire.

I'm really curious to see this in action. I have a hard time imagining the game being very fun when playing as Moira, especially with her being invincible.

I'm sure there will be something else to her gameplay then because otherwise it would be pointless.

She's invencible while you're controlling her? Well, I guess at the end of the day it's all about keeping Claire alive, regardless of if you're controlling her or not, but playing as an invencible character is weird.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Riposte I'm completely with you. It's very obvious Chris IS gay.

Mr_Zombie

I wonder if they will explain her invincibility somehow.

And about the gameplay - because it's all about keeping Claire alive Moira's invincibility doesn't matter. I suppose she can't die but enemies can still attack her, stun or stop her.

lol I remember that particular guy, it's at the start of a stage. Me and my coop buddy used to "slow race" to him to see who would push him over the edge first.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I feel like I'm the only one waaaay more excited for Evil Within than this new Resident Evil. Even though I started the rumor threads a while ago.

Horror game by mikami > anything current capcom can output, sorry.

You feel like you're the only one with good taste?

How rude.... : )

Senoculum

Claire should be about 34 in this game. She looks great, looks like she's modelled after the movie version, RE: Degeneration.

Her last appearance was what, Darkside Chronicles? I think people are too used to how she looked in 1998!

lol I remember that particular guy, it's at the start of a stage. Me and my coop buddy used to "slow race" to him to see who would push him over the edge first.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I feel like I'm the only one waaaay more excited for Evil Within than this new Resident Evil. Even though I started the rumor threads a while ago.

Horror game by mikami > anything current capcom can output, sorry.

Nope. I recognize where innovation and fun come from. People like those at Platinum, Treasure, Miyamoto, Koizumi, Naughty Dog, the guys who did Journey, etc. I am a firm believer in auteur theory. When the creator leaves and his creation is left in the hands of those who do not understand it, we get situations like RE5, 6, and Mega Man being mishandled. Gaffers have discerning tastes in games and I find myself being more open minded in regards to new game experiences like Journey, No Man's Sky and others of that ilk.

Top Bottom