• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

RedSwirl

4) Left town to live with relatives. Joined one of the many chemical companies that scouted her pre-S.T.A.R.S. There are many possible explanations. We just haven't been given one yet.

That's what I always imagined after seeing her bio in RE0. I always assumed she'd show up in a later game as a supporting character.

Jingo

Even resident evil revelations 2 have a release time already, c´mon metal gear :D

Il play this game as usual, but im very surprised how fast they put out another resident evil so im taking this with some skeptical feelings..

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I don't understand how characters aging means we should get a reboot.? RE is easily the oldest story currently going on in gaming with the same characters. We hardly see anything like that.

Metal Gear says "what up yo."

Anyway, have we heard anything from/re: Alyson Court? If they replace her I will be most unhappy. Unlike every other character in the series, there is only one Claire.

Anyway, have we heard anything from/re: Alyson Court? If they replace her I will be most unhappy. Unlike every other character in the series, there is only one Claire.

She hasn't said anything about it since the scans leaked. Prior to that she had stated she hasn't been contacted by them to reprise the role, but she could have just been saying that because it wasn't officially revealed that Claire was in it yet. Probably won't know until we see a trailer, because whatever she says some people won't believe it until they see it.

Neff

That was just a drive-by comment.

Although now that it is mentioned ... something struck me as odd.

If anything, this doesn't seem to be using Panta Rhei's new renderer.
This looks more Resident Evil 6 than Deep Down:
-the polygon budget for everything is tailored for last-gen
-same goes for the overal texture quality, especially the environment ones(these are last-gen texture resolutions)
-no soft shadows (flashlight, chair)
-no expensive shaders for blood (it's just texturing work)
-skin shader: Ada/Chris's face look as good (better?)as this in RE6. Now compare that to Deep Down enemy's tentacles/flesh.

The only thing that seems to have been significantly upgraded are the hair&cloth.

Unless Panta Rhei is *that* scalable. This seems to be running on MTF 2.x .
This would mean that MTF can also run PS4/X1
Of course, this is just speculation until we get our hands on a demo/confirmation.

I can guarantee that this game doesn't have anything close to 4/5/6's budget or staff, and almost certainly isn't using Panta Rhei. But I do expect a more decadent, console-oriented title than Revelations.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
She hasn't said anything about it since the scans leaked. Prior to that she had stated she hasn't been contacted by them to reprise the role, but she could have just been saying that because it wasn't officially revealed that Claire was in it yet. Probably won't know until we see a trailer, because whatever she says some people won't believe it until they see it.

Thanks for the info! If she's been silent since the leak, that's probably a good sign.

RedSwirl

What we're approaching with these new characters is already kind of a half-reboot. Moria, Sherry, and Jake are a convenient excuse to introduce new characters into the franchise without destroying the canon. RE6 at least made it seem like Jake is going to be a main character in the future.

It's a little bit like the transition from Tekken 2 to Tekken 3.

Jawmuncher

Forgot about MGS. But the point still stands.
You don't see anyone going "MGS needs a reboot".

ArjanN

Eh, I feel plenty of people who played MGS4 said that...that game was dragged down a lot by all the built-up convoluted backstory and fanservice to previous games.

Also, RE being one the oldest franchises with the same characters would probably mean more if the characters were actually consistent, and the overall story actually well-written and not full of loose threads.

Seyavesh

The best Resident Evil song is this one in my opinion:

It has that haunting feel, and gives off a sense of despair and horror that awaits you.
When this song plays during the bad ending as you see raccoon get incinerated, easily one of the most chilling, sad and most cinematic moments in gaming. Especially if you've come to really enjoy your time with the survivors.

i think it's the best atmospheric song/tone setting in RE and i mentioned it earlier alongside the final boss song, which is perfect for a final boss song after the long and arduous journey through every level because it uses the same musical motif too.

i genuinely think outbreak 2 (since it has all the outbreak 1 levels anyways) is actually the best RE game in terms of atmosphere and tone, even moreso than REmake. every single level is extremely strong and unique in creating it's own type of horror and it has a super wide range of interesting settings because of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLj2ZUbP1Ew

Elija2

I like RE6 more than Revelations, but since Revelations 2 is a console game first instead of a portable game first I think I'll like it a bit more. Revelations was good for a portable game, but I'm expecting a lot more from the sequel. I'm interested in seeing if they'll be keeping any of the new gameplay mechanics from RE6.

I'm guessing this will be running on MT Framework since it's also on 360 and PS3. I'm hoping that the PC version won't be that much more demanding than RE6 on the lowest settings. MT Framework games are usually well optimized, but for most cross-gen games the PC version doesn't allow the graphics to be lowered to last-gen settings even though they have the lower-quality assets. Although RE6 was already much more demanding than RE5 due to the fancy lighting. I guess this is my fault for gaming on a laptop though.

The way I see it all this writing of the backstory is almost a reboot of MGS, just backwards. Eventually we will bet a new version of MG1 and 2.

REs story has gone on too long and now doesn't have a central narrative, it used to have Wesker, now it's just villain of the week. I say reboot it and create a new story that has a well told story that has an arch across multiple games for years.

DedValve

Banned
i think it's the best atmospheric song/tone setting in RE and i mentioned it earlier alongside the final boss song, which is perfect for a final boss song after the long and arduous journey through every level because it uses the same musical motif too.

i genuinely think outbreak 2 (since it has all the outbreak 1 levels anyways) is actually the best RE game in terms of atmosphere and tone, even moreso than REmake. every single level is extremely strong and unique in creating it's own type of horror and it has a super wide range of interesting settings because of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLj2ZUbP1Ew

I also knew what this song would be before playing it. Man who where the geniuses behind this game? Their so masterful from level design to the soundtrack, even the multiplayer is fully realized.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I agree with whoever said this series is really about the characters now, not so much the horror elements. I love Chris, Jill, Leon, etc. and they keep me coming back for each new entry.

Chris Redfield is my #1 fave with his sister Claire a CLOSE 2nd, so I'm EXTREMELY stoked for her return! :D I was so perplexed when she was left out of RE6. I can tell you if they ever kill off Chris I'm done with Resident Evil

Korigama

I also knew what this song would be before playing it. Man who where the geniuses behind this game? Their so masterful from level design to the soundtrack, even the multiplayer is fully realized.
The director of the Outbreak series is the same guy who directed RE6 (Eiichiro Sasaki).

Manu

The director of the first Outbreak game also directed RE6, strangely.

EDIT: Beaten.

BadWolf

Up to chapter 3 of the first Revelations game (got back into it thanks to the announcement of the sequel) and man this is one weak game so far, RE6 was way better than this. The combat especially feels like a snore.

Here's hoping they apply what they came up with in terms of combat in RE6 to to Rev2.

kogasu

Oh shit! I'll remain hesitant about it even though I thought RE:Rev 1 was fine. We'll just have to see if Capcom have it in them to actually bring it back to its "roots" or whatever they are claiming. I'm more just happy to see that Claire is back!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Maybe I wasn't really specific, I mean the RE5 Chris, I liked Chris from the start, but it was in RE5 when he became my favorite (when he hulked up lol), It was pretty cool to play as him in Code Veronica X, but in RE6 he went down hell, and to be honest he wasn't as appealing, I'm yet to play Revelations.
Ah, yeah, I see what you mean. It's gotta be hard to maintain a physique like that. Once he beat Wesker he probably decided that he didn't need to be able to punch boulders anymore, lol. You might like Revelations Chris, he's basically the same Chris from the Lost in Nightmares DLC.

King Boo

I agree with whoever said this series is really about the characters now, not so much the horror elements. I love Chris, Jill, Leon, etc. and they keep me coming back for each new entry.

Chris Redfield is my #1 fave with his sister Claire a CLOSE 2nd, so I'm EXTREMELY stoked for her return! :D I was so perplexed when she was left out of RE6. I can tell you if they ever kill off Chris I'm done with Resident Evil

yeah, one of the reasons i play the game is for the characters. chris, wesker, claire, rebecca, and jill are great. i even like some of the new characters like jake, and piers. if chris was killed off, i would be devastated. i mean if he has to be killed off, it should be against cyborg wesker parasite+ and boulder soul, and even then it should result in a tie. and he has to be wearing the warrior getup from re5

Korigama

I like RE6 more than Revelations, but since Revelations 2 is a console game first instead of a portable game first I think I'll like it a bit more. Revelations was good for a portable game, but I'm expecting a lot more from the sequel. I'm interested in seeing if they'll be keeping any of the new gameplay mechanics from RE6.
Here's hoping they apply what they came up with in terms of combat in RE6 to to Rev2.
Except they already said that that's not what they want to do with this game...
Gameplay will be much more Survival Horror orientated (much like the first Resident Evil: Revelations), bringing the series back to its roots with less over the top action, unlike Resident Evil 5 and 6.

BadWolf

Except they already said that that's not what they want to do with this game...

I was hoping that just meant less dumb scripted sequences and vehicle sections.

Though they might be saving that gem of a combat system for the mainline series I guess.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That was just a drive-by comment.

Although now that it is mentioned ... something struck me as odd.

If anything, this doesn't seem to be using Panta Rhei's new renderer.
This looks more Resident Evil 6 than Deep Down:
-the polygon budget for everything is tailored for last-gen
-same goes for the overal texture quality, especially the environment ones(these are last-gen texture resolutions)
-no soft shadows (flashlight, chair)
-no expensive shaders for blood (it's just texturing work)
-skin shader: Ada/Chris's face look as good (better?)as this in RE6. Now compare that to Deep Down enemy's tentacles/flesh.

The only thing that seems to have been significantly upgraded are the hair&cloth.

Unless Panta Rhei is *that* scalable. This seems to be running on MTF 2.x .
This would mean that MTF can also run PS4/X1
Of course, this is just speculation until we get our hands on a demo/confirmation.

I'll agree to all of this.
It's definitelly not Panta Rhei, but it's not the Mobile engine either.

I can guarantee that this game doesn't have anything close to 4/5/6's budget or staff, and almost certainly isn't using Panta Rhei. But I do expect a more decadent, console-oriented title than Revelations.

Yeah, your all correct. I just looked it up, Panty Raid isnt compatible with non DX11/current gen shit. Its most likely MT framework, just looking a bit crap because the budget is very low.

They definitely aren't spending the cash on this title that they did for numbered titles. And considering how Ono said they don't even have money to upport USF4 to next gen, i'm guessing its very very low indeed.

I see it right now, on phone mind you and i see a clear PC, a Steam logo and no Vita.

I presume you're looking at http://www.capcom.co.jp/rev2/ja/index.html not http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_series/index.html

The former is the official Rev2 site which does say PS360, PS4, Xone and PC.
The latter is the site they were talking about which doesn't say PC (the mobile version of that site only has images that link to the sub-sites and doesn't show the part in question)

Lernaean

Banned
I presume you're looking at http://www.capcom.co.jp/rev2/ja/index.html not http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_series/index.html

The former is the official Rev2 site which does say PS360, PS4, Xone and PC.
The latter is the site they were talking about which doesn't say PC (the mobile version of that site only has images that link to the sub-sites and doesn't show the part in question)

Yup, i'm looking at both, but as you said the latter has just images on mobile.

I misread this and thought that Moira was the daughter of Barry and Claire. Whooooops.

I couldn't finish RE5 and RE6, cause... I got bored.

I'll wait on reviews for this.

Nemesis_

I'll admit, my fellow Neogaffians, that I am stupidly fucking excited for this game.

Me too, since it's dealing with characters I actually care about and who are not awful, and brings some back from the past (even if they are annoyingly retconned).

Top Bottom