• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

Koobion

Coop has me sold. I always look forward to playing coop with my brother. I hope there's also an option to play alone with no AI partner though.

scarlet

Maybe I wasn't really specific, I mean the RE5 Chris, I liked Chris from the start, but it was in RE5 when he became my favorite (when he hulked up lol), It was pretty cool to play as him in Code Veronica X, but in RE6 he went down hell, and to be honest he wasn't as appealing, I'm yet to play Revelations.

So wrong, RE6 Chris is the sexiest Chris.

Nemesis_

Maybe I wasn't really specific, I mean the RE5 Chris, I liked Chris from the start, but it was in RE5 when he became my favorite (when he hulked up lol), It was pretty cool to play as him in Code Veronica X, but in RE6 he went down hell, and to be honest he wasn't as appealing, I'm yet to play Revelations.

issyjIC8zmI97.gif

Sanctuary

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will feature a new “Afflicted” enemy type, which “may look like zombies, but are in fact something quite different.”

The Afflicted enemy will be both fast and able to deal heavy damage to the player. It is also said that they will force the player to decide whether to take them head-on, sneak up using stealth and applying a take-down or the player can run for the hills and “preserve ammo”.

Oh, okay. Good to see that TLOU is influencing one of its biggest influences now...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also I was stupidly blind on Revelations when I played it, so outside of peeking at some trailers, I will probably only be loosely following this game, especially as its release is so close already.
Will look at TGS stuff.

Revelations I liked more than most, but that's probably as I had the right set of expectations for it. I expected the game to have some handheld bearings on the console port, and to go in with spin-off RE mentality than main game RE mentality. And it was pretty good in that regard, a B-tier horror game but I found it enjoyable, but it wasn't really scary (thoug I'll admit there's like, four or five points the atmosphere is actually pretty nice in the game). I liked the setting and the bosses, personally, and Raid Mode was addicting for me.

I was thinking that a sequel made for consoles would probably see a lot of improvements for me, and I believe and have that gutfeeling that I will enjoy this more than the original, but I'm again expecting spin-off quality than main RE quality.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it but I also will be surprised if it passes my opinion RE spinoff wise on Dead Aim and the Outbreak games.

ryanofcall

Sounds nice
But I'm a little concerned about this:
When playing as Claire, her style will be more combat focused. Whereas Moira will be supplying Claire with health herbs, provided the flashlight and general support.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh, okay. Good to see that TLOU is influencing one of its biggest influences now...

Its the TR - > Uncharted - > TR cycle.

Also, Claire looks like a natural evolution of the character going in her mid/late 30's. She's not the 19 year old college girl that we saw in RE2 anymore.

Sanctuary

Have you play REmake? Not everything in this world is invented by TLOU.

Did you even read what I said? And nowhere did I say everything in the world was created by TLOU. I'm not some crazy ND worshiper like some around here. Hell, even the initial cover image looks very TLOU like, and it's probably intentional.

As for your first question, did you actually play REmake; you know, when it was first released? I did.

Its the TR - > Uncharted - > TR cycle.

No doubt, but I was mostly just bitching because of the whole "not zombie" or "rage person" craze that started to become "the standard zombie" after 28 days later. And the way these "new Afflicted" are being described sounds too close to home to a clicker in how you handle them.

UrbanRats

I'll admit, my fellow Neogaffians, that I am stupidly fucking excited for this game.
i'm kind of intrigued by it myself.

Didn't remember about this Moira though.
i remember Barry mentioned a daughter in RE1, but i don't think we had ever seen her before (as a real 3d character i mean)? Also, how many years ago was RE1? Moira should be in her late 20s by now, i'm assuming.
The RE continuity is more confusing than MGS' to me.

Anyway i'm curious about her not having access to weapons and how that will balance out.

Also, what was the last game we had seen Claire in, chronologically?

Nemesis_

i'm kind of intrigued by it myself.

Didn't remember about this Moira though.
i remember Barry mentioned a daughter in RE1, but i don't think we had ever seen her before (as a real 3d character i mean)? Also, how many years ago was RE1? Moira should be in her late 20s by now, i'm assuming.

We've only ever seen Moira and Polly in photographs and artwork. Never in-person "in 3D" as you mention.

In REmake, you can see them in a family photo. That game took place in 1998.

Barryspicture.jpg
Barrysphotograph.jpg

In RE3, they appear in his artwork for his epilogue. I'm not sure what the year the epilogue refers to, but I believe it also took place in 1998 (but in the city, rather than the Arklay Mountain region)

Resident_Evil_3_Epilogue_3_Barry_Burton.jpg

Also, what was the last game we had seen Claire in, chronologically?

We saw Claire in all those spin-offs, including Mercenaries 3D and Darkside Chronicles. Her last canon appearance was probably Code Veronica X. Some people consider Survivor 2 to be canon, but that takes place within the time period that Code Veronica X does, so yeah.

Not counting Degeneration (the CG film) she was last seen in Code Veronica X.

Xpliskin

chris redfield: master of stealth
icndMixGTRC5H.gif

lol I remember that particular guy, it's at the start of a stage. Me and my coop buddy used to "slow race" to him to see who would push him over the edge first.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I feel like I'm the only one waaaay more excited for Evil Within than this new Resident Evil. Even though I started the rumor threads a while ago.

Horror game by mikami > anything current capcom can output, sorry.

Nemesis_

lol I remember that particular guy, it's at the start of a stage. Me and my coop buddy used to "slow race" to him to see who would push him over the edge first.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I feel like I'm the only one waaaay more excited for Evil Within than this new Resident Evil. Even though I started the rumor threads a while ago.

Horror game by mikami > anything current capcom can output, sorry.

Personally I feel like anytime Masachika Kawata is involved with something Resident Evil that it's going to turn out.....not very good.

He's worked / held a major role on Darkside Chronicles, Revelations and the HD Chronicles collection.

I honestly think he's Capcom's B-tier Resident Evil producer at this point.

That being said, I thought Outbreak was incredibly tight and that was directed by the same person who directed Resident Evil 6, so perhaps pedigree isn't the be all and end all, lol.

Riposte

Personally I feel like anytime Masachika Kawata is involved with something Resident Evil that it's going to turn out.....not very good.

He's worked / held a major role on Darkside Chronicles, Revelations and the HD Chronicles collection.

That being said, I thought Outbreak was incredibly tight and that was directed by the same person who directed Resident Evil 6, so perhaps pedigree isn't the be all and end all, lol.

Sometimes I wonder if GAF focuses on pedigree too much for how little we (the great majority, at least) know what actually goes on in the development of any one game. I'm a diehard Mikami fan, but that sort of praise is starting to become grating to me. I mean, the guy is self-promoting himself in the advertising of his games, maybe it's not exactly an amazing fact that you know he exists. "It's good because *person*, even though I have no idea what that *person* did in a group of 30+ people". Not to downplay Mikami or a person in a similar position's influence, but hero worship based on the spread of only certain facts (who self-promotes, what leaks by in interviews) is not exactly conductive to meaningful commentary on games.

Jawmuncher

I still say the outbreak director deserves another chance. I really think a lot of its issues were more than likely forced on him what with the huge development team and how other areas were handling all sorts of different things. Doubt he had much control over the end product.

Riposte

I still say the outbreak director deserves another chance. I really think a lot of its issues were more than likely forced on him what with the huge development team and how other areas were handling all sorts of different things. Doubt he had much control over the end product.

I think the game was rushed, the major issues being a lack of polish and failing to foresee player confusion (the kind of problems updates would address). It makes pushing up release date all the more weird.

Nemesis_

Sometimes I wonder if GAF focuses on pedigree too much for how little we (the great majority, at least) know what actually goes on in the development of any one game. I'm a diehard Mikami fan, but that sort of praise is starting to become grating to me. I mean, the guy is self-promoting himself in the advertising of his games, maybe it's not exactly an amazing fact that you know he exists. "It's good because *person*, even though I have no idea what that *person* did in a group of 30+ people". Not to downplay Mikami or a person in a similar position's influence, but hero worship based on the spread of only certain facts (who self-promotes, what leaks by in interviews) is not exactly conductive to meaningful commentary on games.

I agree. I think Mikami is pretty good though, I remember reading a pretty glowing review of him from Kamiya in an Iwata Asks. There were some rumours that were pretty rampant about how useless Mikami was with the team and how he was a bit of a hack. Kamiya's words about him in this interview really put them to rest, I felt.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/thewonderful101/0/3

But I do agree that we do place a bit too much importance on pedigree. Especially when it comes to producers and programmers and whatnot.

I think the game was rushed, the major issues being a lack of polish and failing to foresee player confusion (the kind of problems updates would address). It makes pushing up release date all the more weird.

Mmhmm. I don't place the blame (re: Resident Evil 6) on any one particular person. It was just a perfect storm of less than ideal circumstances. Which is unfortunate, it could've been great if the fat was chopped before launch.

Jawmuncher

Ah, yeah, I see what you mean. It's gotta be hard to maintain a physique like that. Once he beat Wesker he probably decided that he didn't need to be able to punch boulders anymore, lol. You might like Revelations Chris, he's basically the same Chris from the Lost in Nightmares DLC.
I'm indeed going to give Revelations a go soon enough, need to prepare for Revelations 2 anyway.
So wrong, RE6 Chris is the sexiest Chris.
NO, YOU WRONG
picgifs-resident-evil-5-122674.gif

Top Bottom