• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

ryan13ts

It looks ok, I've learned to hold back my optimism with Resident Evil games since 4. Two things do seem a bit off though

-In that one screenshot showing Claire and Moria, Claire looks like a completely different character. I know it's probably been a few years since CV, but she doesn't look remotely like she used to IMO

-Hopefully Moria will be able to use guns too while in co-op, because I imagine the person stuck playing as her won't have much fun at all if all you do is a hold a flashlight and use herbs for your partner.

Those two things aside, it looks alright so far. Hopefully it will be much more survival horror than what we've gotten from RE in the last decade or so.

Nemesis_

Her design is terrible. Why does Capcom make all the characters who appear in a Revelations game look like they've been on drugs and haven't slept for the past three days. Jesus. They ruined Claire.

Excited regardless.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Claire will be the only player death that will result in a Game Over

This part intrigues me.

Does that mean there's permadeath if Barry's Daughter gets killed, unless you play co-op?

Grisby

Aw yeah, made in heaven indeed.

Shame about Barry not providing support himself. Although maybe he'll at least make a token appearance somehow.

HELL YES!

Claire is back at last. Also liking the sound of Moira, although I'm not too happy about the co-op aspect. Hopefully it's not as frustrating as RE5 is more like that in The Last of Us.

And nice at 60fps. Will mark a big change for RE gameplay,.

Where's Rebecca though?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
This part intrigues me.

Does that mean there's permadeath if Barry's Daughter gets killed, unless you play co-op?

I thought it was just like the first Revelations since the AI pretty much doesn't die but if it's co-op then possibly?

Dinda

Oooh, so you don't get a game over if Moira dies? Partner permadeath, that's certainly something different. Hype!

I'm sure she will just be unconscious, and stand up after the enemies are dead.

Great to see Claire back, and i also like the look of Moira. Looking forward to this.

Sounds like they want that TLOU interaction.. Color me intrigued at the moment. So RE:Remastered remake and Re-Rev2 early 2015?! Never got to play remake so I'm looking forward to that, however I wonder how will they spread these games since they're both coming in early 2015. Its crazy This all seems like filler for the Ineitable RE7 announcement at e3-2015.

This part intrigues me.

Gonna say she will enter an "knocked out" state with an 20 second time out and then she returns to gamplay at x % health.

I'm sure she will just be unconscious, and stand up after the enemies are dead.

Great to see Claire back, and i also like the look of Moira. Looking forward to this.

That... would certainly ruin the whole, you know, "horror" thing. You're probably right. *sigh*

Alienous

It's the suit. Looks terrible in Claire, Moira is ok though. Claire's face also has the Ada effect from re6. Just looks weird.

Asymmetrical coop sounds....interesting.

I'm not big on the canon, but didn't she stop being a spec ops type anti-zombie person? The attire she's wearing seems like something she'd wear in day-to-day work, no?

So they bring back Claire and she looks terrible? Oh god I have to see this. I think. I'm not nearly fucking depressed enough today.

edit: just saw her. I think she looks totally fine and the game looks terrific. Whew.

Hagi

Her design is terrible. Why does Capcom make all the characters who appear in a Revelations game look like they've been on drugs and haven't slept for the past three days. Jesus. They ruined Claire.

Excited regardless.

She was abducted and most likely drugged so yeah I'd say it's fair for her to look like that lol

Her design fits with what I think an older Claire would look like so I'm happy.

I think I'm completely blind but where is the link everyone is seeing these new images of Claire? I don't see the link anywhere in the OP or does everyone here just have a copy of the magazine too?

Mr_Zombie

Claire looks weird in that one shot. Maybe that's just bad lighting.
I loved her design in Darkside Chronicles. :/

Also, funny thing: she is once again taking care of a kid (Sherry, Steve, that little girl from Degeneration). :D

I think I'm completely blind but where is the link everyone is seeing these new images of Claire? I don't see the link anywhere in the OP

Posting scans or linking to sites with scans of the magazines is a no no according to the TOS. You just have to google it for yourself (just look for magazine's and game's title ;)).

Excited regardless.

She's fighting for her life and you expect her to be well slept and clean face with make up?

I don't even...

I think it's more due to the scan being weird among other things. She looks fine in that in-game screenshot.

I really like Moira, but if you told me that was Rebecca I wouldn't doubt it.

jackdoe

Claire looks fine. She has her trademark hair cut, which is really the only thing retained for characters across games in this series anyway.

SkylineRKR

I think it's more due to the scan being weird among other things. She looks fine in that in-game screenshot.

I really like Moira, but if you told me that was Rebecca I wouldn't doubt it.

If you told me its actually Carla Radames I would believe it too.

I don't mind the character design, but I'm not seeing anything too impressive with the graphics. Now I'm back to being perplexed how this didn't start as a New 3DS game.

Magazine scans aren't allowed. OP does give some info though.

ah okay, I read that but I wasn't sure if everyone just had the magazine too or if they were finding it on google too, of which I've had no luck. Thanks!

Managed to find the images on google and eh hopefully it looks a bit better when playing

olimpia84

Looking forward to this game since I enjoyed Revelations on the 3DS. Maybe I should replay it since I have my PS3 copy sitting unplayed. Claire looks a bit weird and Barry's daughter reminded me of Fetch from Infamous Second Son for some reason.

DedValve

Banned
I'm not big on the canon, but didn't she stop being a spec ops type anti-zombie person? The attire she's wearing seems like something she'd wear in day-to-day work, no?

Claire never wore combat gear. She was the only civvie through and through. She always wore normal clothes, good looking clothes at that. But it's really the face that's doing most of the damage,she looks completely weird, like a doppelgänger just like Ada.

Cubed

Sounds good to me. I'm glad it's 1080P/60FPS, and like the overall aesthetic/art design going on in those screens. Not a big fan of the character designs, but I also don't really give a shit, either. Claire never had defining facial characters, imo... just give her auburn hair in a pony tail and make her a white chick. Done.

Top Bottom