• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

DedValve

Banned
She's fighting for her life and you expect her to be well slept and clean face with make up?

I don't even...

Who said anything about makeup? Compare recvx Claire to rev2 Claire. Their using a different model and it looks bizarre. This happens to all the women of re and it always looks terrible.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Need to play the first Revelations now. The survival horror focus sounds good, but I'm worried that it means Resi 7 is gonna be another gun-wank. I was hoping it would be pared back to RE4's amount of action.

roknin

I still need to play through Revelations but what I've seen, I liked.

I'm down to get in on this.

Saw Claire and Moira, they look fine to me. Though I can't completely blame RE fans for being super pessimistic and weary, they've had a hard road what with Capcom attempting to turn the series in TPS-lite.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Claire looks fine in the ingame shot but kinda weird on the cover. Moira looks...like rebecca, lol.

Wonder how the co-op is going to work and if claire will really be the only one handling weapons. Sounds interesting on paper but I don't know if both players will really be engaged like that.

Riposte

I still need to play through Revelations but what I've seen, I liked.

I'm down to get in on this.

Saw Claire and Moira, they look fine to me. Though I can't completely blame RE fans for being super pessimistic and weary, they've had a hard road what with Capcom attempting to turn the series in TPS-lite.

Resident Evil 4 more or less established some TPS norms and the series (including Revelations, for what it matters) followed those norms going forward. There is no "attempt" or "TPS-like".

The complete emptiness of Capcom saying they're taking the series back to its roots for the umpteenth time aside, I'm not liking the references to TLOU as inspiration.

Letting the player form stealth kills on zombies and monsters is a sure-fire way to rid them of their fearsome element.

New Clair anyone?

13032__kate_l.jpg

Hagi

She looked like a botched surgery to me. Which would be ok if that were actually fake Ada, but real Ada also looks like that.

I don't think you've ever seen botched surgery to come out and say something so ridiculous. RE6 Ada was great.

nico1982

Whereas Moira will be supplying Claire with health herbs, provided the flashlight and general support.
Do this mean that the second player (or the AI) will provide the light while you are exploring (and likely fighting) in dark areas? It does not sound fun at all...

benzy

WTF. Why did they drastically change her look from Darkside Chronicles? What a shit design. Fucking Capcom can't do jack shit right.

You will be missed. :cries

the-darkside-chronicles.jpg

Xpliskin

Claire looks fine in the ingame shot but kinda weird on the cover. Moira looks...like rebecca, lol.

Wonder how the co-op is going to work and if claire will really be the only one handling weapons. Sounds interesting on paper but I don't know if both players will really be engaged like that.

Yeah we got fooled. Barry is seen talking to her, his daughter, in the teaser. She looks like rebecca, seen from behind. It was the intent I guess.

Lime

I like the aesthetics they seem to be going for (grainy, dirty, bloody, dark)

WTF. Why did they drastically change her look from Darkside Chronicles? What a shit design. Fucking Capcom can't do jack shit right.

the-darkside-chronicles.jpg

Is Leon a giant or is Claire a midget in that picture? The proportions throw me off completely :lol

Manu

We've only seen one low quality screenshot.

If the game happens 15 years after RE2 is makes sense for her to look older.

I don't like the puffy lips though. I hope it's just the lipstick.

Sounds like the Last of Us the way Moira fits, doing what Ellie does but not causing a game over, only Claire/Joel will, helping CLaire with stuff like Elie does. Stealth and stealth kills.

I liked TLoU, but I don't want this in RE.

Mr_Zombie

I wonder if the game will keep the episodic structure from the first game. Because that would mean there might be more "main" characters than just Claire and Moira.

Xater

The return of Claire is cool and focus on survival horror sounds good as well. The graphics in these scans are not exactly blowing my socks off though.

I'm playing through Revelations now. It has its issues, but it's much closer to the original games than anything since CVX. Reasonably limited ammo, closed environment, locked doors and backtracking all really add to the old RE feel. Really looking forward to the second.

halfbeast

Banned
barry's daughter?? ho boy, they better get claire pregnant at the end of the game, otherwise we'll run out of protagonists for sequels.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Any mention on if the co-op is local alongside online? This seems like a great way for my GF to play alongside me without it being to demanding/frustrating, so I'm all for that!

It's a shame that it isn't coming to WiiU though, split-screen gaming is such a drag now. Oh well, will pick this up on my PS4 for sure. Loved Revelations on the 3DS!

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the game will keep the episodic structure from the first game. Because that would mean there might be more "main" characters than just Claire and Moira.

Considering that it's on home consoles than handheld I would doubt it. I have a feeling it might be either Chapter based, ala RE4/5, or could be more like the older versions if the Island is going to have a open exploration approach.

Riposte

I would hope not. I don't even mind the other playable characters, but what a goddamn mess that game's narrative was. RE games have been "episode" driven since at least 4, but the unnecessary desire to have cliffhangers and present it as an actual show made them do dumb things with Revelations that isn't present in the other games.

Why are people acting like Capcom only messes up female faces? Chris is a completely different person in RE5 than be was in RE1. Leon always looks different as well.

benzy

We've only seen one low quality screenshot.

If the game happens 15 years after RE2 is makes sense for her to look older.

I don't like the puffy lips though. I hope it's just the lipstick.

She doesn't even look that much older, just different. They gave her a penguin nose and pretty much a completely new face design. After you hit puberty your face doesn't change that much in structure anyway.

Considering that it's on home consoles than handheld I would doubt it. I have a feeling it might be either Chapter based, ala RE4/5, or could be more like the older versions if the Island is going to have a open exploration approach.

This would be too good to be true, despite Rev1 returning to a somewhat connected map in the main campaign. I was hoping for it when the first infos hit, but it's probably more corridor gameplay. With this dumb focus on coop anyway.

Top Bottom