• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ryse: Son of Rome story trailer [new footage]

KKRT00

Yea, it's definitely CG. It looked less CG to me on the standard def broadcast likely because I wasn't seeing it at this level of quality. It's actually making me wonder just how much more amazing that in-game footage must look In proper direct feed quality.

Its not really CG.

It does have normal Marius model, except for hairs on helmet that are different than in any other game video or cryengine renderer from MP Trailer.

Also there are ton of shader aliasing. Fire is pretty standard for games [just 2D sprite], smoke in the background is also made from sprites. Shadows on soldier at distant stairs have normal resolution.

---
So, it looks better than Xbone in-game footage and it looks worse than CryEngine render from from MP Trailer. Strange, its also much closer to real-time footage.

derFeef

Well...

rysevpp1a.gif

danwarb

I've just watched the commercial on gamersyde. I don't think the scene on the stairs is real-time is it?

Maybe. It's pretty dark, but doesn't look much different from the other recent cinematic bits we've seen. If those are real-time rendered (it seems they are). They've probably cleaned it up a bit.

szaromir

Banned
Maybe. It's pretty dark, but doesn't look much different from the other recent cinematic bits we've seen. If those are real-time rendered (it seems they are). They've probably cleaned it up a bit.
This seems quite possible, it would explain the stuff like missing shadows and 2D smoke - maybe they rendered those scenes at higher resolution for the purposes of the commercial (so that the aliasing and whatnot doesn't contrast with the live action bits) but they'll be rendered real-time in the actual game.

In the last trailer I had to analyze individual frames to tell which ones were rendered real time and which weren't. The IQ of the game is really high.

ibtB7sSZet5bEt.jpg

Crytek did that on Xbox 360.

Crytek with no more 2005 restrictions =

That Ryse shot looks nothing at all like the footage from the story trailer. I will eat my hat if that is ingame. But yea, I think Ryse models look so much nicer than those in Crysis 3. I've always maintained that despite its beauty even crysis 3 had to pander to some current gen game design.

FordGTGuy

Banned
That Ryse shot looks nothing at all like the footage from the story trailer. I will eat my hat if that is ingame. But yea, I think Ryse models look so much nicer than those in Crysis 3. I've always maintained that despite its beauty even crysis 3 had to pander to some current gen game design.

That story trailer was not the final build of the game, this is a 47 GB game, I suspect they are using tiled resources for shots like this.

That story trailer was not the final build of the game, this is a 47 GB game, I suspect they are using tiled resources for shots like this.

So you think the game got that significant of an upgrade since the build from the story trailer a few weeks ago. I really don't think that's in game and I hope I'm wrong cause it would be freaking awesome.

KKRT00

Oh, i doubt they are using PTR. Crytek has quite good streaming engine, Crysis 3 had already 4k textures available and most 2gb VRAM GPUs handled it well.

Also there are tons of lower quality textures in released shots, like for example Marius armor has quite low quality textures, but very high quality shaders to mask it up. Like here:
http://i3.minus.com/ibzur1vwhBH0Kc.png

Phreaker

Yes!!

Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley 16s
Ryse looks very strong on Xbox 1. Great visuals and depth. We'll have more to show on GTTV next week.

Top Bottom