• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screenshots of cancelled Half-Life title from Arkane Studios

Ravenholm was probably my least favorite area, and it always felt out of place. But seeing anything HL2: Episode_X related brings back the pain.

scitek

It's still by id and it is a reboot, but at least the franchise is back after a long time. The same will happen to Half-Life if there is enough interest in the franchise.
I think he means id isn't id anymore. There's like one person left there from their Doom/Quake days.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Half-Life has been dead for almost 10 years.

Just let it go.
Frozenprince

lol

The dream will never die

Ravenholm was probably my least favorite area, and it always felt out of place. But seeing anything HL2: Episode_X related brings back the pain.
Out of place, yes. But it's probably my favorite area in the game. No idea why they decided to put in a total tonal shift to horror and then drop it right after but it worked out really well for the short time you were there. An entire game with that atmosphere would have been amazing.

To hell with valve. They've fallen down that f2p well a long time ago

Don't blame them, it's where the big money is at but it's lame

sirap

Seeing these screenshots makes me want to go back to Source modding.

But I'm scared of going back to Hammer. Unity has made me weak.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous

Whats this sacrilege?
Ravenholm was the best area, along with the bridge on Highway 17!

MNC

I love the Source Engine. I love building in the source engine. Creating maps in it is so easy. It might not even be, but we go way back.

krang

I love the Source Engine. I love building in the source engine. Creating maps in it is so easy. It might not even be, but we go way back.

Yeah me too. Everything is pretty polygonal, but Hammer was something pretty much anyone could pick up and create something cool. Hard to master good performance (leaving minute gaps was better than having geometry touch/intersect, for example) but generally it was an easy tool.

Need to dig out my old JP raptor pen.

Top Bottom