• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sega 3DS titles confirmed: Sonic Generations, Shinobi

M-PG71C

I actually liked Sonic Colors so I am optimistic about Sonic Generations. If the 3DS version looks pretty close to the HD editions, I'll pick it up over them. 3D + Portable = Awesome.

As for Shinobi, we'll see. If the word going around is that Headstrong is behind it, I'll look forward to it. They did such a kick ass job with Overkill, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Cow Mengde said:
I know the Wii version of Colors is well loved, but what about the DS version? I didn't hear any hype for that game. Kinda feel off the radar really.

it was summed up as "if you like Rush but not the *something, I forget what, tricks?* then you will like this"

From The Dust said:
it was summed up as "if you like Rush but not the *something, I forget what, tricks?* then you will like this"
I liked both Rush games better than Colors DS.

The level design was just so bad. And the Gravity Wisp or whatever it was called levels were actively frustrating.

will it be the same as the PS360 or will it be like the colours for DS?

I hope it will not be the same would be nice *wait to hear who the devs are*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
M-PG71C said:
I actually liked Sonic Colors so I am optimistic about Sonic Generations. If the 3DS version looks pretty close to the HD editions, I'll pick it up over them. 3D + Portable = Awesome.
Colours DS was slightly different from the Wii version, though. Some level designs were different, the powerups were different and Sonic's friends were in it. Colours DS played like Rush. It isn't bad by any means (ok, the level design was pretty bad compared to the Rush games). I think Generations 3DS won't be like the console versions that much (if we're using Colours as a prime example). It'll share some similarities, but it'll probably differ somewhat.

I personally preferred the Wii version by far due to the gameplay, level design and overall presentation.

Relaxed Muscle said:
So you erased from your memory the one from Bioware?

I tried it and didnt care much for it. It was ok but I would rather have something more in the vein of the GBA game. I loved its sense of style.

dacuk

vectorman06 said:
Now that we have Shinobi...where is my Streets of Rage Sega? :_;

They only need to repack the Streets of Rage Remake of the BomberGames guys, pay those guys for 8 yrs. of dedicated work and there you have your SoR on 3DS

qq more

CoffeeJanitor said:
Let's hope that Generations isn't just a Sonic Rush clone and is also not a crappy port.
Yeah. I find Sonic Rush to be extremely boring and I did not find Sonic Colors DS impressive (only played the demo).

daCuk said:
They only need to repack the Streets of Rage Remake of the BomberGames guys, pay those guys for 8 yrs. of dedicated work and there you have your SoR on 3DS
Hell, I'd be content if they just ported that SoR1 remake they did for mobile phones a while back.

BosSin

Awwww yeeahhh, Sega just make it a fully re-done (as in hd art etc) version of this:

the-revenge-of-shinobi-20080619015040631_640w.jpg

And I will buy a 3DS

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Don't really care about Sonic, but Shinobi is very exciting. Hell yeah!

Teknoman

This has the potential to be really good, especially with a steady framerate. Hopefully its not just a Rush style cop out for the modern levels (use the power of the system!).

Suairyu

Banned
That classic Sonic model is so full of charm it's unreal. Fucking timeless design. Can we go back to it for good?

The Sonic CD animation Sonic design is also good, as is the punk design of the original Sonic Adventure artwork, a design that was sadly never really realised in 3D as Sonic became more and more horrifically deformed as each new 3D game came about.

I dislike the Adventure art (SA2 was better though). it always seemed off. Unleash/Colors design is ideal to me. he's not stupidly proportion like in 06 and he isn't the short, pot belly of the Genesis (yea, I disliked it even then)

Suairyu said:
That classic Sonic model is so full of charm it's unreal. Fucking timeless design. Can we go back to it for good?

The Sonic CD animation Sonic design is also good, as is the punk design of the original Sonic Adventure artwork, a design that was sadly never really realised in 3D as Sonic became more and more horrifically deformed as each new 3D game came about.

Yep, that's actually my top Sonic design. Yeah, I said it.

And I think it can be outstandingly realized in this graphical style:

24ozryp.jpg

Or in actual in-game:

960342_20090526_screen010.jpg

SykoTech

Suairyu said:

"Deformed" probably isn't the word you're looking for, as the Adventure artwork is the most stretched out and lanky look Sonic's ever had.

Well, unless you count this...

sonic-chronicles-rpg-ds-art-big.jpg

Yikes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Edit: ^ What a crappy design. Bleh. Did Sonic grow a few feet?

Yes. Sonic was on Nintendo Power's cover before. I'd post the covers, but I'm not sure if they're allowed.

But he was on the cover for:
-Sonic Chronicles
-Sonic Colours
-Sonic and the Black Knight
-Sonic and the Secret Rings

But I see some people's points... it's still kinda odd seeing Sonic on a Nintendo magazine's cover after all the 1990s console war stuff.

Teknoman

Dark Schala said:
Edit: ^ What a crappy design. Bleh. Did Sonic grow a few feet?

Yes. Sonic was on Nintendo Power's cover before. I'd post the covers, but I'm not sure if they're allowed.

But he was on the cover for:
-Sonic Chronicles
-Sonic Colours
-Sonic and the Black Knight
-Sonic and the Secret Rings

But I see some people's points... it's still kinda odd seeing Sonic on a Nintendo magazine's cover after all the 1990s console war stuff.

lol: "I like Sonic, he's FAST!"

EDIT: Man...I miss the days when 200 dollar systems were considered expensive.

Sianos

I assume this also means Generations for PC is confirmed?

This is good news, and I think it might be a full port this time, rather than the DS Colors was. However, I'm not complaining if it only featyures the classic stages. <3

emb

That magazine cover is amazing. I'm really worried about getting my NP now; getting the other cover will annoy me if I do.

Shinobi news is cool. Could be awesome.

Hoping Generations 3DS is the same version as PS360. I hate different games coming out under the same name. More so I'd hate to have no reason to buy Sonic on the Nintendo platform.

Cow Mengde said:
I know the Wii version of Colors is well loved, but what about the DS version? I didn't hear any hype for that game. Kinda feel off the radar really.

If you liked either of the Sonic Rush titles, its essentially that.

Calcaneus

Hero of Legend said:
Yep, that's actually my top Sonic design. Yeah, I said it.

And I think it can be outstandingly realized in this graphical style:

24ozryp.jpg

Or in actual in-game:

960342_20090526_screen010.jpg
What game is this from? Looks amazing.

Calcaneus said:
What game is this from? Looks amazing.

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo for Wii.

It's a pseudo side-scrolling beat-em-up. You can move around in 3D, but it scrolls during stages, but character fights are full 3D I believe.

BDGAME

Sonic Generations and Shinobi for 3ds?

http://i.imgur.com/Kwc08l.jpg

But serious, I hope Sonic generation isn't only a port for PS360 version. I mean, I do not will pay for the same game that I can play in my big screen TV.

I want a complete different game, like Colors DS that is not the same game than the Wii.

And Shinobi I really don't know what to expect. Can be a reborn of a excellent franchise from the past or a sequel of the shit games that the franchise receive in the recent years.

E3, please arrive soon.

Top Bottom