• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sega 3DS titles confirmed: Sonic Generations, Shinobi

Foffy

Banned
NEO0MJ said:
Think Shinobi will have to pass a test?

What kind of test? Working on a handheld? There were two pretty good Game Gear Shinobi titles released. The only bad game in the series was a Europe-only titled called The Cyber Shinobi. The Shinobi series is probably the most consistently good series from Sega.

I'm wondering a bit about the Shinobi game. There's a lot they can do or not do. Will they focus on the traditional-looking style of the Oboro Clan ninjas (Joe and Hayate Musashi) or the fancy, stylish looking style (Hotsuma and Hibana).

Or maybe they'll focus on the doofy style from Legions! :p

Foffy said:
What kind of test? Working on a handheld? There were two pretty good Game Gear Shinobi titles released. The only bad game in the series was a Europe-only titled called The Cyber Shinobi. The Shinobi series is probably the most consistently good series from Sega.

sounds like you aren't familiar with Capcom :p

emb

Foffy said:
What kind of test? Working on a handheld? There were two pretty good Game Gear Shinobi titles released.

I know it's not likely and most wouldn't prefer it, but I would be so happy if this game was GG Shinobi style.

Uggh the nostalgia with those games...

Foffy

Banned
From The Dust said:
sounds like you aren't familiar with Capcom :p

Are you referring to the whole DmC situation? I mean, there's a chance that it could do down a route that people really hate due to the developer for the Shinobi game (Gryptonite), but it could also go the same way Castlevania did when MercurySteam was revealed to be making Lords of Shadow, which turned out to be a swell game.

I can only hope that Sega doesn't undermine the true quality the Shinobi games offer. I want a balanced but hard game to play. I would hope that Platinum Games would be making the game, but I can only pray that there's some console game also planned, just so my dreams can come true.

KevinCow said:
Sonic on the cover of Nintendo Power will never stop being weird.

NPowerSA2BCover.jpg

I never forgot the first time. :O

Foffy said:
Are you referring to the whole DmC situation? I mean, there's a chance that it could do down a route that people really hate due to the developer for the Shinobi game (Gryptonite), but it could also go the same way Castlevania did when MercurySteam was revealed to be making Lords of Shadow, which turned out to be a swell game.

you should frequent Nintendo threads more then. he was talking about the "test" games that Capcom is so fond of. "buy this game to get more" kind of deals. they never explicitly said anything like that (except Legends 3, more on that soon). it started with RE4 Wii which sold millions. then we got Umbrella Chronicles which did the same. people assumed we will get another RE4 style game but we ended up getting Darkside Chronicles. which bombed. now they are trying this (and explictly stating this) with MegaMan Legends 3 Prologue. buy the $2 game in order to try and get the full game

I hope the modern Sonic gameplay in Sonic Generations is Sonic Rush style instead of Unleashed style.

I also hope the Jet Radio/Sonic Rush 1 guy does the music again. Anything he does = instant buy for me.

Why would you do that? said:
I hope the modern Sonic gameplay in Sonic Generations is Sonic Rush style instead of Unleashed style.

I also hope the Jet Radio/Sonic Rush 1 guy does the music again. Anything he does = instant buy for me.

at least get his name right. you are offending a hero in video game music! Hideki Naganuma! bow down fools!

I hope for Colors wii style gameplay. best in 3D Sonic

TheOGB

Banned
From The Dust said:
at least get his name right. you are offending a hero in video game music! Hideki Naganuma! bow down fools!

I hope for Colors wii style gameplay. best in 3D Sonic
This

Now that we have the power of THREE-DEEEEEE, fuck that Rush noise
except Hideki Naganuma. He can stay.

WillyFive

richisawesome said:
Like I said in the other thread...my god. Remove the references to current consoles, and that magazine could have come straight out of 1997.

Obviously Sonic wouldnt have been on a Nintendo console back then, but the double whammy of Classic Sonic and OoT is nostalgia to the EXTREEEME.

edit - lmfao. GAME BOY ADVANCE TOO!

Don't forget an Ocarina of Time review!

Mank said:
Kinda trivial, but is that the subscriber cover or the newsstand one? That better be the subscriber one :|

But the subscribers always get the best ones.

The Hermit

richisawesome said:
Like I said in the other thread...my god. Remove the references to current consoles, and that magazine could have come straight out of 1997.

Obviously Sonic wouldnt have been on a Nintendo console back then, but the double whammy of Classic Sonic and OoT is nostalgia to the EXTREEEME.

edit - lmfao. GAME BOY ADVANCE TOO!

first post nails it. Even to the plain yellow background... I am almost sure I owned a magazine that had the cover like that. Awesome job from NP.

Calcaneus

Hero of Legend said:
Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo for Wii.

It's a pseudo side-scrolling beat-em-up. You can move around in 3D, but it scrolls during stages, but character fights are full 3D I believe.
Man, I didn't know it looked that good, I may have to check that ou if I get a Cafe.

Cafe better be backwards compatible.

Slamtastic said:
IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/cLTXJ.png/IMG

Good, but it still needs the old-school NP logo for completeness.

EDIT: Also, MM Legends should say "Mega Man 64."

EDIT2: You could easily copy-paste the page number from the GBA headline, even...

Krowley

Is there any indication that this is going to be another 2d shinobi, or will they have another try at making it a 3d franchise like Ninja Gaiden? I'm simply asking because the people above seem to be assuming it will be a 2d game, and personally, I think it could very easily be a 3D action adventure translation, especially on the 3ds.

And BTW, I would personally be fine with that, as long as it was a good game.

Top Bottom