• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new shining force Game announcement 17\4

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I buy every shining game I can. I love em all!

stupid american me: what the hell is month 17?

zoku88

PepsimanVsJoe said:
If it's as good as Exa the rest of the series can get fucked as far as I'm concerned.
Too many damn S-RPGs these days anyway.
WTH? Since when have there ever been "too many" (or 'a lot' for that matter)

Look at that, FromSoftware is also teasing a new Armored Core game set to be unveiled *GASP* the very same day!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173679

They'll be unveiled on Wednesday anyway in Famitsu, so WHY do they bother opening them up on Friday?

I highly doubt AC will be for the Wii, most likely for the PS360 again.

That's fair, a new SF for Wii, and a new AC for PS3 and 360! :)

wsippel

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
Look at that, FromSoftware is also teasing a new Armored Core game set to be unveiled *GASP* the very same day!
From mentioned sometime last year that they are working on an ARPG for Wii, that title should be revealed any day now (it was initially announced in 2006 after all). I don't think they classify AC as ARPG, though? Wouldn't make much sense I guess...

wsippel said:
From mentioned sometime last year that they are working on an ARPG for Wii, that title should be revealed any day now (it was initially announced in 2006 after all). I don't think they classify AC as ARPG, though? Wouldn't make much sense I guess...

Alright, I did some searching, and that Wii ARPG is called Moon's Peak.

Wasn't that some joke or mistake that made Go Nintendo into a laughing stock?

Edit: Yeah, the post came from here in this old Famitsu thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11449945&postcount=170

Go Nintendo posted it, but there was a lot of confusion about the name itself.

IGN has the game called "Moon's Peak" on their website:

http://wii.ign.com/objects/853/853820.html

Whether they were lazy and got the name from the Famitsu thread or actually did the right thing and confirmed it with their own translator is to be questioned.

Whether this game even still exists is another story.

bengraven

john tv said:
Please God let it be a real Shining Force game and not some other random BS like the other recent Shining games. Bonus points if it's a collaboration with Camelot. :p

Please God...

TreIII

A new Shining AND a new Armored Core?

Niiiiiiiiiiice. :D

Of course, part of me wonders if the new Shining game could stand to be something we don't expect at all. Imagine a Shining beat-em-up made from a Sega/Treasure collaboration, for example! :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
GDGF said:
Armored Core for the Wii would rock all kinds of balls. Wii needs some giant robot love.

armored core for wii would make no sense, since armored core requires a million buttons and little in the way of manual aiming

btw NEW ARMORED CORE FUCK YEAH

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Ok, lets make up impossible scenarios.

Valkyria Chronicles Engine + large traditional Shining Force maps. Magic is treated like projectiles and has an Area of Effect for units that are huddled together. Promotable classes and secret characters from past games are obtainable.

GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Kyoufu

Eteric Rice said:
No, no, Wii needs more games like Shining Force.

Actually right now in Japan Wii needs more games like Wii Fit.

BlueTsunami said:

Valkyria Chronicles Engine + large traditional Shining Force maps. Magic is treated like projectiles and has an Area of Effect for units that are huddled together. Promotable classes and secret characters from past games are obtainable.

Don't even bother. It makes too much sense. Sega hates Camelot and will do everything it takes to tarnish the once great reputation the series had with lots of ARPG crap.

And I'm pretty sure you'll see the Canvas engine used for Skies of Arcadia and Sakura Taisen waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before they'd even consider a Shining Force game.

BlueTsunami said:

Why? Why did you have to go and say that? Now I'm extremely excited for something thats never going to happen!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
king zell said:
its for the Arcades !!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FUCK SEGA

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If it's a beat-em up, then I don't actually mind. I miss that genre. =/

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is the recent beat-em up I enjoyed.

Top Bottom