• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New species of wolf is born...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all fun and games until nature gives us BeeSpiders.

well if it counts..
Pepsis-species-sp-spider-wasp-AWIN0807061-009.jpg

tarantula hawk.. aka wasp tarantula:X

or
Wasp_and_spider_02.jpg

pure breed wasp spider :X

XOMTOR

Coywolf? Just awful. I refuse to call such a beautiful animal by such a crappy name.

Agreed, we've had these around here (East Coast of Canada) for quite a few years, they're simply referred to as the Eastern Coyote. I live in a rural area so I'll catch a glimpse of them once in a while if out early enough; they are indeed large and resemble a wolf in size but have more of the coyote coloring. They will form loose or temporary packs if it's advantageous, especially in winter and/or when smaller prey is less abundant. On Cape Breton island, there have been a few run-ins with packs and a few years back a girl was killed by one while hiking.

How is Coywolf pronounced?

Coy as in the word, coy? Or is it the same as the way most people say coyote i.e. Kai-yo-tee?

Coywolf sounds dumb. Kaiwolf sounds badass.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
There's actually a big problem with the fact that unlike wolves, coywolves have no problem going into urban/suburban areas. We had one that ate a neighbor's poodle.

There is a coyote, or group of them, that are feeding on the feral cats in the area I'm currently staying. Other than coming upon some cat remains once in awhile, it's quite a pleasant change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom